Still No FanZone - Thanks GCC

Chris the Bandito

I haven't noticed any other threads on it, but feel free to point them out:)

I saw in Mark's "Wednesday's Papers" thread (Thanks as always for saving me being tempted to give hits to clickbait central) that the CHarity FOundation are being allowed to take over running the Shitty Unused Plastic Pitch over the road on condition that it isn't used as a fanzone.

How decent of our elected representatives. Please RCF tell them to go %^*& themselves, or cover the whole pitch during every home game with a banner explicitly detailing why it's not being used and naming every councillor involved in the decision.

Was it ever confirmed that was a condition of lease or still just rumour?

Like you I would have told them to shove it up their arse as well. But another way to look at it is that it will hopefully stop council selling land to more housing developers

One of the main reasons the SNP continue to enjoy power, is we bizarrely have supporters who vote for them.

If you're one of these people, you're harming the club. It needs to stop.
i can come to no other conclusion other than a great deal of our fanbase just see rangers as something to do for a couple of hours on a saturday afternoon and anything else just doesnt cross their minds,

Perhaps the rcf have no interest in a fanzone in their centre.

I can't see why they wouldn't. Amongst the other activities it would provide a fantastic opportunity for them to promote the terrific work they do to a wider section of the fanbase in "real life" rather than online.

The amount of folk on here desperate to disparage other fans for their political views is astounding. Absolutely pathetic even. I've never voted SNP and would never vote SNP, but I'd also never feel like I have any right how to dictate others vote purely because of who their football team is.

Politics. Football. Religion. None of these things are one and the same and I couldn't give a toss who someone votes for or what religion they are. Everyone is entitled to be who they are and do what they like.

Was up in Perth for the weekend a few weeks back and spotted loads of Union Jacks at the top of the street, said to the missus 'lets go check it out'.
Turned out there was an Indy ref march going through the town and the lads were giving them 'the bird'. I watched as hundreds of the cunts marched past and couldn't help notice how trampy and unkempt they looked, every single fuckin one them. Smelly bastards!
The ladies and gentlemen with the UJ's were very well turned out though.

Politics. Football. Religion. None of these things are one and the same and I couldn't give a toss who someone votes for or what religion they are. Everyone is entitled to be who they are and do what they like.
I agree completely with what you say here, but, unfortunately, the bheast in the east see all 3 being intertwined. And as such, vote for those that will champion their, their communities & their teams needs & wants before & above anything else.

The amount of folk on here desperate to disparage other fans for their political views is astounding. Absolutely pathetic even. I've never voted SNP and would never vote SNP, but I'd also never feel like I have any right how to dictate others vote purely because of who their football team is.

I tell you what, I used to be of the same mindset but if you look at what some of these people do that are associated with each of these groups, I am starting to feel the opposite.

I'll keep it simple and just say that anyone who actively supports a group that has a history of child abuse, as well as actively covering up said child abuse, IS less of a person to me.

If someone can ignore the outright evil that some of these religions and movements base their entire existence on, then I know that I would never be friends with or associate with them.

I'm tired of being hushed up about those 'touchy' subjects when they clearly affect much of mankind's existence in today's world (politics and religion, mostly) and there is CLEARLY much to be done about each.

Would you welcome a neo nazi rangers fan?

Nobody has mentioned religion here except you..

Again anybody who votes for the Nazi’s are not a friend never mind supporter of our great club.

%^*& The Scottish Nationalist Party.

Nobody has mentioned religion here except you..

Again anybody who votes for the Nazi’s are not a friend never mind supporter of our great club.

%^*& The Scottish Nationalist Party.
I mentioned it as it was part of my point. Was I not allowed to? Is it taboo to mention it? Not like I was accusing anyone of having any issues with religion. Think you've got the wrong impression there.

As I said before, who anyone votes for is their business. Not yours, not mine. I know plenty of Rangers fans that spend thousands every year following our club and have put money into shares, fans fighting fund, Erskine etc. Just because they have a different idea of how the country should be run, doesn't make them less of a Rangers fan.

Would you welcome a neo nazi rangers fan?
Are you comparing political views to that of Nazis. You're off your head. I cant stand Sturgeon, i don't vote SNP, I'm British and proud of it. But it's fucking daft to think that all these people that vote SNP are akin to Nazis.

Reactions: ZvP
Are you comparing political views to that of Nazis. You're off your head. I cant stand Sturgeon, i don't vote SNP, I'm British and proud of it. But it's fucking daft to think that all these people that vote SNP are akin to Nazis.

The tactics of the SNP and the Nazis are not far apart. It’s all out of the same songbook.

If you’re going to be consistent, then you’d have to be accepting of a far right skinhead as much as you would a Rangers hating SNP voter.

I’d be happy if neither is associated with our club.

I’m sorry mate but you must take your head out the sand. Look at the majority of people who votes for the nazi’s and look at the call for an independent Investigation about the abuse scandal that was and is being covered up again.

Not one senior member of them is pushing for it because they would lose their vote to labour.

I make no mistake in saying it, any supporter of our club voting SNP has nothing to lose or has too much money that no matter what it won’t effect them.

That is not including the hatred for Rangers from such senior figures of the party and at every level.

You said you didn’t care about rangers fans political views
Believe it or not nazism is a political view
You didn’t answer the question

Its just a lease for 25 years.

Celtic are being given land at Parkhead for nowt by the same council.

When the Community Complex was built Rangers stuck in a huge wedge of dough.

Some daft arses at the club actually think this is a good deal.

Best of luck to the Charity Foundation in their endeavours but overall this is a dire deal for the club.

Was up in Perth for the weekend a few weeks back and spotted loads of Union Jacks at the top of the street, said to the missus 'lets go check it out'.
Turned out there was an Indy ref march going through the town and the lads were giving them 'the bird'. I watched as hundreds of the cunts marched past and couldn't help notice how trampy and unkempt they looked, every single fuckin one them. Smelly bastards!
The ladies and gentlemen with the UJ's were very well turned out though.
Generally, life's intellectually and attractively challenged ne'er do wells, who need to blame the (English) Westminster Bogey man for their sad lives.
images

Best of luck to the Charity Foundation in their endeavours but overall this is a dire deal for the club.

Isn't it also going to become the base for our girls academy and ladies teams for training, easing pressure further on the HTC which we're turning into an elite environment for the boys/mens teams?

10k a year over the term of the lease for the pitch and investment in the place for our clubs benefit from existing budgets for the ladies isn't all that bad is it?

Maybe the RCF facility will be used more as the family friendly fanzone area and we can apply for licence for a marquee/beer tent or whatever outside Edmiston House where the current fanzone sits.

It is nothing short of embarrassment in my opinion Mark the agreement and the RCFD basically have took it without a fight.

That area could have transformed a large percent of the Ibrox experience.

No alcohol or it wouldn’t have been granted.

I’ll say it again any Rangers supporter/fan/minded voting SNP - shame on you.

One of the main reasons the SNP continue to enjoy power, is we bizarrely have supporters who vote for them.

Not to go into a political discussion on a football forum but one of the main reasons Nazi Nickla and her rancid party enjoy power is the severe lack of opposition we have in Scotchland.

I can't see why they wouldn't. Amongst the other activities it would provide a fantastic opportunity for them to promote the terrific work they do to a wider section of the fanbase in "real life" rather than online.

hi chris, its possible the rcf will use the facility for a diverse means of raising funds for the charities. using it as a community centre, hall lets etc. I havnt seen if an alcohol license can be applied for, for example, parties.
I don't imagine football lets will be a major earner, I only mention that, given a FF thread in the past suggested it wasn't being used much on Saturdays.
your post above about promoting their work, will happen on match days given the huge interest among our fan base. non alcoholic café, snack food could be a medium earner.

I know many RCs who were Labour through and through whose allegiance changed to SNP in the run up to the Independence referendum - they (to a person) are now SNP stalwarts, and all are vocal on Social Media and in the "pub & tea room" - anywhere they can "chip chip away"

Am I being daft or is this an orchestrated / coordinated attack on the make up of this country ??

...which is the exact opposite of what the mentally challengeds practice, and why the they and their friends in the media and politics continue to pish all over the top of us.

I know many RCs who were Labour through and through whose allegiance changed to SNP in the run up to the Independence referendum - they (to a person) are now SNP stalwarts, and all are vocal on Social Media and in the "pub & tea room" - anywhere they can "chip chip away"

Am I being daft or is this an orchestrated / coordinated attack on the make up of this country ??

In the 2014 referendum only four areas voted for independence : the four areas with the biggest proportion of mentally challengeds.

Isn't it also going to become the base for our girls academy and ladies teams for training, easing pressure further on the HTC which we're turning into an elite environment for the boys/mens teams?

10k a year over the term of the lease for the pitch and investment in the place for our clubs benefit from existing budgets for the ladies isn't all that bad is it?

Maybe the RCF facility will be used more as the family friendly fanzone area and we can apply for licence for a marquee/beer tent or whatever outside Edmiston House where the current fanzone sits.

We should offer them the square root of %^*& all, and tell them to shove it.
Handing over money to bigoted bastards who hand everything to the tims for free?
Sometimes I despair.

Why are they doing this?

Weird deal for Rangers, unless there is something else going on we don't know about.

At face value it doesn't look like a good deal.

Seems another fuckwit decision by the club

You make valid points,and in a fair balanced country I would second them, however at the moment Scotland is neither a fair or balanced society and the political party in power in Scotland along with its acolytes in the media is actively trying to harm our club, it therefore makes sense to me to expose this political party for the racist sectarian mob that it is.

Any Rangers supporter voting for the Scottish Nationalist Party are not a real supporter IMO.

Absolute drivel.

For the record, I hate the SNP with a passion and would rather vote anyone else bar them, however that comment is uneducated and plain silly.

That's the same thing as saying any scum fan who voted remain is not a fan of theirs, and believe me there is many of them.

Britain and our allies in WW2, fought for us against the Nazis to give us the right to vote and maintain our freedom.

Folk have the right to vote who they want.

I know loads of Rangers fans (All season ticket holders, follow us home and away) who unfortunately vote the SNP but that's their choice, not mine, but they have the right to choose who they want.

See all this shit about “I don’t care”, stick it where it really hurts.

We are under attack from every angle and you lot are just letting it happen.

And I dont know any fans of our club who vote for this dangerous wing of republicanism. How come you weaklings know so many?

They are that bad, I'm thinking of voting Labour, if I thought it would remove these unionist haters from power

Any Rangers supporter voting for the Scottish Nationalist Party are not a real supporter IMO.

A vote for the snp is a vote for the church of Rome.
Any Rangers fan voting for the SNP should be barred from all games.

This is shite anyway and why are we still going forward with it?

Which party should we vote for?
The Tories with their former IRA member councillor?
Labour with pro-IRA Corbyn?

Back