Lennon not happy about Gerrard's comments about being top of the league

uneasydaz

NEIL LENNON has hit back at Steven Gerrard after the Rangers gaffer said his side deserved to be top of the Scottish Premiership.

The Celtic boss took issue with his Old Firm rival’s remarks in the build-up to his team’s home game against Ross County today

The Light Blues are two points clear of the reigning champions following the Hoops’ defeat to Livingston and their thrashing of Hamilton before the international break.

Asked about Gerrard’s comments by a BBC Sportsound reporter, Lennon said: “I don’t know where that comes from.

“Yeah I’d quibble with that. We’ve had five away games and three at home.

“I’m always going to quibble with a comment like that.”

Gerrard and Gers striker Alfredo Morelos were yesterday named manager and player of the month for September.

The Liverpool legend said: “We are under no illusions how tough it will be to stay there.

“We have to embrace the pressure and aim to stay there, but it’s always nice to sit top.

“We certainly deserve to be there.”

We welcome the chase, would love Ross county to take something today would really put cat amongst the pigeons.
We’re top on merit, wether we stay there who knows but we deserve to be top.

craving_tablet_303x353.gif

The goal posts move depending on the mentally challengeds position in the league. Lenny mentioned the amount of away games they've played and that apparently is an acceptable excuse, however when we used the away game excuse at the beginning of last season we got chopped down for blaming a fixture list. Suck it in lennon and shut your gub.

Might come from the fact we're two points ahead and 6 goals infront, deluded thick lady's front bottom.

Quibble away you yellow teethed alkie tosspot.

Quib = a petty objection.
Quibble is a play on words on that.

Yeah you are petty, you fat thick ginger twat.

If we open up a decent lead that poor excuse of a human being will top himself or end up in a straight jacket any one of those will do this Bear

They are amazingly rattled! Even when SG went deliberately out his way to publicly downplay the significance of top spot this early in the season TLB can’t control himself. Beautiful!

Has anyone ever heard a manager use the number of home/away games played as an excuse before?!

This!! Why the fck would you go 'after' that point? It is so minor, of course we deserve it, we have more points.

TLB is feeling a wee bit of pressure I think. If we are still top by tonight that will ramp right up.

Would set us up nicely for tomorrow!

It’s pretty clear whoever is on top of the league is there on merit as they’ve accumulated mote points and probably victories than the rest! This is the beginning of Lennon losing the plot, moaning about away games that would have been won last season! Long may it continue! Heads down, work hard and 3 points each game Rangers!

Back