Good point today - Now looking forward to Thursday

Harbour Bear

Official Ticketer
I will admit, I was one of the worst for many years in terms of reactions to Rangers dropping points.

I am finally at stage in my life where I feel I am balanced and experienced enough to look at things logically. A league campaign is 38 games. We cannot play worse than we did today having failed to create anything at all. There will be more poor performances in what is a long campaign. We met a hungrier, sharper team on the day but we have still taken as much from the game as they have. That is a KEY component to title winning sides. Losses becoming draws and Draws becoming wins. We have shown an ability to do that already this season. We have also shown our "Good" to be extremely good.
A league championship takes all kinds of results amd performances. That today, based on the game, has to be taken as a good point away from home.

Now lets look forward to Thursday and embrace the challenge.

I will admit, I was one of the worst for many years in terms of reactions to Rangers dropping points.

I am finally at stage in my life where I feel I am balanced and experienced enough to look at things logically. A league campaign is 38 games. We cannot play worse than we did today having failed to create anything at all. There will be more poor performances in what is a long campaign. We met a hungrier, sharper team on the day but we have still taken as much from the game as they have. That is a KEY component to title winning sides. Losses becoming draws and Draws becoming wins. We have shown an ability to do that already this season. We have also shown our "Good" to be extremely good.
A league championship takes all kinds of results amd performances. That today, based on the game, has to be taken as a good point away from home.

Sanity in a sea of over privileged Queens

Well said pal

A good point today? Against the second bottom team that’s on terrible form? You’re kidding yourself on.

I think the most painful thing about today is yet again we’ve surrendered being top of the league at the first possible hurdle. It’s right that questions have to be asked about the team’s bottle.

However in the grand scheme of things I agree with your post. We’ve had a great start to the season and a point at Tynecastle in itself is by no means a disaster.

The minimum requirement for any Rangers team is that you walk on the park and you fight.

Let's not gloss over the performance. Hearts are terrible. We should be looking to win that game comfortably.

Any other team in the league I think we may have lost that.

saying its not the end of the world and we just have to move on and saying "it is a good point" are 2 very different things, the day we accept a point at hearts or any other spl level dross is the day we accept our fate as the 2nd team in scotland...

Absolutely bang on. I’m not actually that angry about the result. Point away at tynecastle, level on points with the tims. It’s not exactly the end of the world

what I am raging about is some of the individual performances which are merely a continuation of the last few outings - tavernier and Ojo in particular

It's the manner of the performance that has led to the reaction.

We didn't create a single chance from open play all day and lost to a stupid error - the same error that cost us a couple of weeks back.

I don't think it's a good point at all. Hearts have a lot of injuries and have been leaking goals for fun all season.

A decent point. Hearts are always up for the battle against us and Celtic at Tynecastle. They have been under huge pressure from their supporters and were always going to do somersaults today. They will continue to improve as Naismith, Walker, Haring, Souttar and Halkett return - just in time to play against Celtic at Tynecastle. Beat, Motherwell and Ross County before the next international break and we will be fine.

While I agree with the sentiment it’s worrying that we have a good few away games coming up.

Sorry but if Tavs display is anything to go by I am dredding Thursday.

Be lucky if Porto only put 3 passed us.

Totally get where you’re coming from OP but I’m sorry that’s not a good point today it’s 2 points dropped and I don’t really think it can be dressed up any other way.

Jesus, some common sense. That’ll never catch on.

Well said.

I agree. I posted a week or so ago actually just a hunch I had that simple law of averages would see us drop points soon. I thought Tynecastle after an International break was a likely one. It happens, the problem is there is definitely a couple glaring issues in the team that needed addressed. Ojo being the main one.

Wouldn’t go as far as saying it was a good point, that doesn’t exist to me in Rangers terms but we have a lot of tough away fixtures coming up and we need every edge in historically tough venues no matter how shite the opposition are and that includes dropping out of form players for a while and dropping Ojo probably permanently. Hopefully it’s treated as a lesson.

You are aware, mate, that this Hearts side are one of the worst in living memory ? That was shambolic from us today and there can be no excuses.

OP is a glass half full person. Get where you’re coming from league wise. Europa League Porto will be overloading on our right flank. Can’t say I’m optimistic but if we do get a result it will be our best in years.

League positions can be so false at times. A motivated Hearts side at Tynecastle are not easy to beat - they never have been. So i dont accept the "they were 2nd bottom" line.

Last season we dropped 25 from a possible 57 points away from home! Almost 50%.

So far we have dropped 2 points from a possible 12 points away from home. Much better viewing already. Results like today are NEEDED to win a title.

League positions can be so false at times. A motivated Hearts side at Tynecastle are not easy to beat - they never have been. So i dont accept the "they were 2nd bottom" line.

Last season we dropped 25 from a possible 57 points away from home! Almost 50%.

So far we have dropped 2 points from a possible 12 points away from home. Much better viewing already. Results like today are NEEDED to win a title.

no i didn't expect you to

Logic? What wait the top of the league team that had won all bar 1 league games this season playing a struggling hearts side sitting second bottom with their fans calling for there manager to leave as he's woeful. Sorry OP theres no logic in your post.

I said earlier on the match thread, thank god none of us on here are on our coaching staff, the panic after we go down a goal we would never win another game, Getting a draw against a Hearts team who were at home and upfor it, is not the worst result, we were poor but sometimes you have got to credit the other team for making us look poor, maybe a bit cliched, but we would have lost that game last season. Oh and our captain needs a rest!!!!!

Livingston away in two week who play exactly the same way but with added dreaded plastic pitch.

we need to get our away performances in the league sorted pronto.

How was it a good point?We gained nothing.Overall it was a bad 2 points dropped.

The width of a cross bar was all that saved us from being 2 down inside 6 minutes.
We were poor and didn't play well against a fired up Hearts team.
While disappointing, a point in these circumstances at this stage of the season is not a disaster.

A good point. %^*& off and stop trolling

Back