Good point today - Now looking forward to Thursday

Hearts haven’t won at home in 7 months

Today was 2 points dropped.
Dress it up in whatever way you wish and put some glossy lipstick onto it into the bargain, but the truth is today was not a matter of winning a point in a tough away venue against a decent Hearts team, rather it was a pig in a poke performance where our players failed to match a team who couldn't string two passes together, but were prepared to scrap and fight for everything as if their lives depended upon it.

I am not insane when I mention that this is a bread and butter away game in the SPFL and that to win our league, you need to win such matches.

If this squad of players want to win anything they need to up their game v teams who raise their game because they are playing us,
We've all seen teams struggling and playing gash who will play out their skin v us but we need to react and lift our game to another level to cope with it.

The width of a cross bar was all that saved us from being 2 down inside 6 minutes.
We were poor and didn't play well against a fired up Hearts team.
While disappointing, a point in these circumstances at this stage of the season is not a disaster.

It might not be a disaster just now but if we loose the league by one point I think you might have a different opinion.

Great post, OP.

I feel like a preacher on here after dropped points.

Already prepping myself for the next draw/loss - when all the usual, posters are giving up the title.

But I’m a fan of tea and green. I think that helps, massively.

It’s a shame so many give themselves unneeded stress. Absolutely, no good for long term health.

We will lose to worse than Hearts this season. And more than once.

Great post, OP.

Already prepping myself for the next draw/loss - when all the usual, posters are giving up the title.

It’s a shame so many give themselves unneeded stress. Absolutely, no good for long term health.

Then we wont win the league if we continue to drop points to bad tesms

Did Hearts play like a side that were second bottom? That first 20 minutes is the best they've played all season.

We weren't good enough, true, but after the way they opened the game I think a draw is actually a decent result.

Shite performances happen throughout a season, more often than not we seem to struggle after international breaks. That includes league winning sides.

I've seen far better Rangers sides go there and lose. We've dropped 5 points so far this season, that would suggest it's an anomaly rather than a team who's arse has collapsed.
Yeah, if we now go on a drawing/losing streak hit the panic button but let's just wait and see. I personally don't think we'll crumble and can see them dropping a few points before the winter break. We probably will as well but some people are just going completely OTT, as usual. Same as when we went top, people went completely OTT.

This will go down to the wire this season, there's very little between us and them. Right now we're entirely equal in terms of points won, everything points to a very close finish so far but we just need to wait and see.

To be honest it was a poor display and we were lucky it was not a defeat.I would have preferred Kent and Stewart for this game instead of Ojo and Arfield also Tav needs a rest apart from the mistake his crosses very rarely beat the first defender and his free kick at the end was woefull.These players can all contribute but need rested just now.

Great post, OP.

What team is there in the league that is worse than this Hearts side?
All I saw was a side who were up for it, but apart from a long ball or a long throw to a big unit upfront, were otherwise totally devoid of any technical ability.
Indeed I can't remember a single attack from Hearts where they actually strung a number of passes together.
Any side prepared to match this Hearts team in a battle but who possess some technical ability will beat them.

Hearts wouldn't get past the first two rounds in Europe and their recent record is no real surprise.
We gave away two points today and it was actually extremely poor from us.

Great post, OP.

Worse than hearts? They were 2nd bottom ffs

What gets me on here are the zoomers spouting garbage about us winning by 4 or 5. Say anything to the contrary and your glass is half empty. This is a team who have started well but won nothing even McGregor and Davis haven't been in winning teams since they were last here so it's going to hurt before it gets better. People need to get realistic and calm down. 4 or 5...get a feckin grip.

Some of our fans are easily pleased nowadays.

I don't think anyone is pleased, but in the grand scheme of things we're still in a good place. Very few teams win the league without dropping points and today it was our turn.

Players need to put it out their mind and move on. 6 points, next Sunday and a week on Wednesday will keep us where we need to be.

Calling that a ‘good point’ against a shite Hearts team who were second bottom of the table is a prime example of the lowered expectations that the last 7 years have left some in our fan base with.

A good point against a struggling, injury ravaged Hearts side?

What has happened to some of our support?

Dropping points against that Hearts team doesn't bode well for the season ahead they are very poor and have one tactic that we did not cope with at all.

They dropped points against an equally pish Hibs side. I guess that doesn’t bode well for their season either.

League positions can be so false at times. A motivated Hearts side at Tynecastle are not easy to beat - they never have been. So i dont accept the "they were 2nd bottom" line.

Last season we dropped 25 from a possible 57 points away from home! Almost 50%.

So far we have dropped 2 points from a possible 12 points away from home. Much better viewing already. Results like today are NEEDED to win a title.
And we never dropped any points at Tynecastle, shambolic today, I do not take any pleasure from this, we need a proper captain, a man who does not shirk from his responsibilities, Tavernier is very unlikely to be that man sadly, he never steps up to the mark when the chips are down, all evidence points to the exact opposite.

Is it the end of the world ? No
Was it a good point? No
Until we can go to these places, outbattle them and grind out a win we will always be vulnerable. We can only afford so many of these performances in a season if we are to win anything.

I don't think anyone is pleased, but in the grand scheme of things we're still in a good place. Very few teams win the league without dropping points and today it was our turn.

Players need to put it out their mind and move on. 6 points, next Sunday and a week on Wednesday will keep us where we need to be.
By no stretch of the imagination is the team who 'were' top of the league drawing with the team second bottom who hadn't won at home since March or some shit "a good point" my friend.

I will admit, I was one of the worst for many years in terms of reactions to Rangers dropping points.

I am finally at stage in my life where I feel I am balanced and experienced enough to look at things logically. A league campaign is 38 games. We cannot play worse than we did today having failed to create anything at all. There will be more poor performances in what is a long campaign. We met a hungrier, sharper team on the day but we have still taken as much from the game as they have. That is a KEY component to title winning sides. Losses becoming draws and Draws becoming wins. We have shown an ability to do that already this season. We have also shown our "Good" to be extremely good.
A league championship takes all kinds of results amd performances. That today, based on the game, has to be taken as a good point away from home.

Now lets look forward to Thursday and embrace the challenge.

Tynecastle never an easy place to go, and as we all know hysterical overreaction is what the majority of the Rangers support does best.

The performance was terrible and Gerrard is not having his faith in Tav repaid currently.

Some have misunderstood.

It's a good point based on the level of performance we produced.

No the performance was not acceptable. Yes we expect better. But to play like that and take something is the positive I was alluding to.

I’ve seen many title winning Rangers teams struggle at Tynecastle.

The important thing is that if you don’t win, make sure you don’t lose. Every point counts.
It used to be the only away ground I'd go to as a youngster and I've always been nervous of getting a result after seeing us struggle over the years.

Major fck up 2 points dropped and relinquish top spot to a very poor Hearts team sitting 2nd bottom in league.

Some have misunderstood.

No the performance was not acceptable. Yes we expect better. But to play like that and take something is the positive I was alluding to.
There is no positive no matter how its dressed up. We were shit, we played the team second bottom who have a horrible home record and we bottled it

I will admit, I was one of the worst for many years in terms of reactions to Rangers dropping points.

I am finally at stage in my life where I feel I am balanced and experienced enough to look at things logically. A league campaign is 38 games. We cannot play worse than we did today having failed to create anything at all. There will be more poor performances in what is a long campaign. We met a hungrier, sharper team on the day but we have still taken as much from the game as they have. That is a KEY component to title winning sides. Losses becoming draws and Draws becoming wins. We have shown an ability to do that already this season. We have also shown our "Good" to be extremely good.
A league championship takes all kinds of results amd performances. That today, based on the game, has to be taken as a good point away from home.

Now lets look forward to Thursday and embrace the challenge.

Sorry to be Victor Meldrew but, it's not a good point , it was 2points dropped against a very poor hearts team who until they played us had been on their knees.

If we are serious about winning the title, its games like today we need to grind a win out..we failed at that today

Ofcourse there is a positive, we played poorly and managed to salvage a point.

In what way did we bottle it?

Who bottle it, the manager? The players?
We will agree to differ on what we perceive to be positives
The players showed to heart or fight and didnt tske the game to a shit hearts team.
The manager again playong his favourites instead of players on forn. The lack of changes to counter what is in front of us is also worrying
So yes, the manager and the players both let us down today

Can't agree with the OP. Hertz are gash. They are a team of hammer throwers with no skill whose only way of playing is a long ball and knock ons. We should have had enough to beat them today. Everyone of our players are light years ahead skill wise but cannot stand up,roll the sleeves up and battle.

Some have misunderstood.

it's still not good enough even on our performance today!we are either serious about wanting to take the title or we aren't!

I think part of the issue was that Hearts have been so dreadful this season that everyone including many of their own supporters thought we’d win comfortably, but it’s rarely the case at Tynecastle.

You do wonder though where the fight they showed today has been all season, but that’s not to excuse how poor we were.

Whether it is acceptable or not we dropped 2 points today , to a hearts team that were up for it from the kick off . I agree with other posters we must be better than this , but it is early doors & hopefully we will learn from this .
p.s. Tav needs a rest .

Back