Hearts statement on morelos racial abuse

Genuinely have no idea what he's said there after "ya fucking...."

Anybody?

EDIT - "dirty black bastard"

Appalling.

Last edited:
Hes a guy from Stenhousemuir/Larbert area.
I used to work with him about 20 years ago.
I know his first name and trying to get in contact with guys I use to work with from that area

I wonder if this why morelos started to play cery aggressively before he was subbed. Hes not been playing that way this season untill today and its funny how there are racist accusations in question

racism is a society issue, it's not exclusive to one or two clubs. find it all rather petty. i also watched the video and thought it was inconclusive. before you know it some guy's pic is out there and already seen as guilty

I think it's safe to say that every club in the UK has racist fans. Or maybe '90 minute racists', to adapt an old term.

For me, the words 'fucking' and 'bastard' were 100% conclusive and I feel that I can confidently say that the middle word made it racist. Not clear cut, as you say.

Just wish that in 2019 we weren't having this conversation.

Listen I wasn't being a dick. I can hand on heart say I have never even thought about it. I jut thought he was Hispanic . Wasn't trying to offend

It's a silly question. If I, a white man, was born in Zimbabwe to the same parents, I'm not black because of where I'm born, I'm white because that's the colour of my skin. I am, however, then African.

Much the same that someone born in South America can be hispanic and could have one of number of different skin colours.

If it's the clip with the old gumsy bald guy I don't think you can say he was being racist. I didn't see anything racist within the clip and a witch hunt for an old guy shouting something he might not have said could ruin his life.

Hopefully it's the later.

I would say it’s clear as day what he was shouting. It’s probably one of the reasons he has no teeth but the fans next to him need to to do more

62:02 Morelos and Berra fall into the crowd and you can hear a guy call Morelos a black bastard twice before the mic is muted.
I expect she’ll be banning him as well?

Is Morelos even technically black?

source.gif

It's a silly question. If I, a white man, was born in Zimbabwe to the same parents, I'm not black because of where I'm born, I'm white because that's the colour of my skin. I am, however, then African.

Much the same that someone born in South America can be hispanic and could have one of number of different skin colours.

I wasn't trying to diminish the crime it was a genuine question. I have never thought about his colour or ethnicity as it is
irrelevant

Don’t think theres any point in debating what ‘indefinite’ means. In this context it means permanent. Budge doesn’t shrink from these things.

Personally I’d let it go. Alfie was noising them up something rotten after he scored. Please don’t think I am trying to excuse racism but can’t see the point in getting super heated about somebody mouthing off at a football match.

Don’t think theres any point in debating what ‘indefinite’ means. In this context it means permanent. Budge doesn’t shrink from these things.

Personally I’d let it go. Alfie was noising them up something rotten after he scored. Please don’t think I am trying to excuse racism but can’t see the point in getting super heated about somebody mouthing off at a football match.

You'd let it go?

Wow, are you for real?

Alfie was noising them up because he was getting racially abused. Nothing wrong with what he done.

So guys can scream all they want at a young guy making his life in this country but he can't hold his fingers to his lips when he scores? Naw.

Guy should be banned.

Aye let it go.Spin it anyway you want.

I commented on match thread when Alfie scored - was Alfie just racially abused there and a couple responded saying it looked like it which it did to me at the time.

Hearts have done the right thing anyway. Take note Tims

Just to be clear, I ain’t suggesting Alfie did much wrong or that he deserved any abuse. I just think too many people get offended far too easily. Alfie was just laughing at them when they gave him dogs abuse and I say good on him. I think he’ll sleep well enough tonight.

Just to be clear, I ain’t suggesting Alfie did much wrong or that he deserved any abuse. I just think too many people get offended far too easily. Alfie was just laughing at them when they gave him dogs abuse and I say good on him. I think he’ll sleep well enough tonight.
You do realise it was hearts support that made the complaint?

Racism should be offensive to you aswell as everyone else.

This isn't someone getting offended because someon assumed their gender and used the wrong pronouns.

A Hearts fan is screaming "dirty black b.stard" at our player and you want their to be no recourse?

Who needs enemies...

Getting offended too easy is guys that greet when a player cups his ear to them or tells them to shhh when he scores after them calling him a wanker all game.
Being called a black b@stard isnt getting offended too easily. Its a hate crime. End of

Back