Jimmy Clark Loyal Duke Street

Went on a double decker from the mermaid bar in brigton run by Jimmy.
Back in the day when there were gates across the train tracks near auchterardar.

Was that before the supporters bus moved to the (original) Louden Tavern in Duke Street? And is the Mermaid shut these days or called something else (I think it was called the Bridgeton Bar last time I was in it, but that was about 20 years ago!).

Was that before the supporters bus moved to the (original) Louden Tavern in Duke Street? And is the Mermaid shut these days or called something else (I think it was called the Bridgeton Bar last time I was in it, but that was about 20 years ago!).
From memory, the bus was called the mermaid.
That part of the building in James street is no longer there as is the ones across from it, which contained my local, Burn,s bar/ keystain.
Reekies chippy was well used at closing time, lol.

Sure it was Mermaid before been name after him

It moved to the Louden after his death in 1983 I am sure there is article in the old Rangers news about his death

Jimmy Clark ran The Mermaid bus for years and also a bus from
The Cross Keys ( originally Logans ) which was in Glenpark Street, which is the Street behind The Louden on Duke Street.
When Jimmy died, his brother Jacky and Andy Smillie, who ran the original Bristol Bar Loyal RSC renamed the Bus after Jimmy.
Not sure of the dates or Chronological order but that basically what happened.
By that time Jack had bought and was running The Louden.

The Cross Keys ( originally Logans ) which was in Glenpark Street, which is the Street behind The Louden on Duke Street.
When Jimmy died, his brother Jacky and Andy Smillie, who ran the original Bristol Bar Loyal RSC renamed the Bus after Jimmy.
My old man was born on Glenpark street.

My 1st job was in glenpark street asa wee 16 yr old.working for arty miller a good bluenose

My mum and your Grandmother were great Friends, I think my mum was her Best Maid,
You Dad is one of the really decent people I have had the privilege of knowing.
Yeah heard all about that mate. My dad is always threatening to pop over and see you at the pub. He says you were born next door to each other or something like that.

Checked a few Rangers News from after his death

started advertising it at the start of the 1983/84 season running it from The Louden

as previous, the mermaid ran from the pub of that name on james st.
I became a member of the Bridgeton x rsc that left from Olympia st outside the cinema where the weighbridge was.
I remember a bus started leaving from the cactus/Colorado bar, which my memory goes back further than the draymans to it being teachers pub.
really auld bassa loyal.

Back