Quarter Of The Way Through Our League Campaign

Drumchapel-Bear

Played 9
Won 7
Drew 1
Lost 1

22 points amassed. On course for 92 points as it stands, which would have won every SPFL Title since 14/15 outwith Rodgers' invincible season at Celtic.

Not a thread to defend yesterday's display, it was a really poor show but a bit of perspective is required here. The team is showing Championship Winning Form, or at the very least, showing form that will take a title challenge right down to the wire.

Our fans really need to get a grip. The reaction on here and social media in general every time we don't win a game is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
Agreed. It's about time these idiots were told to zip it. Having to share 55 with these cretins isn't ideal. They don't deserve a decent team to support.

Bit harsh calling fellow fans “cretins” no one else allowed an option if it’s not the same as yours?. Overreaction on here yesterday as per it was a very poor performance. The same thing happened last season we where top for one game then fecked it in the next one. Fans are allowed to be unhappy surely?. Until we win our first trophy in years it’s going to be like this I’m afraid.

'idiots' 'zoomers' 'followers'...........?
its always the happy clappers who panic after a poor result.
The need to abuse Bears with a different take reflects poorly

Last edited:
Bit harsh calling fellow fans “cretins” no one else allowed an option if it’s not the same as yours?. Overreaction on here yesterday as per it was a very poor performance. The same thing happened last season we where top for one game then fecked it in the next one. Fans are allowed to be unhappy surely?. Until we win our first trophy in years it’s going to be like this I’m afraid.
I'm talking about the cretins (that's exactly what they are) firing abuse to our own players via social media, who revel in negativity and who just generally don't have a fucking clue.

I'm talking about the cretins (that's exactly what they are) firing abuse to our own players via social media, who revel in negativity and who just generally don't have a fucking clue.

Most will be young teenage boys who are at high school I would imagine. Never been one for abusing our players but everyone’s entitled to an opinion good or bad.

Unhappy and pissed off are fine and totally understandable.

Look through yesterday's threads and some of the words used: sickening, gutless, frauds.

It's totally ridiculous.

Yip.

I have yet to see anyone (or spoke to anyone in real life) who was actually happy with yesterday's performance.

'idiots' 'zoomers' 'followers'...........?
its always the happy clappers who panic are a poor result.
The need to abuse Bears with a different take reflects poorly

The irony is lost on a lot of the support too, they criticise supporters for ridiculous reactions, yet think nothing of abusing fellow fans, calling them all sorts, it’s prevalent in this very thread too.

Yip.

I have yet to see anyone (or spoke to anyone in real life) who was actually happy with yesterday's performance.
Trying to get a discussion about the game on here is worse than arguing with your missus.

'oh well, you obviously think that was fine then'

No I don't. I'm fucked off. I want to know what Gerrard is going to do to fix it but sickening?

There's folk who's relationship with the club is 90% bile and abuse. These people may claim to follow Rangers by they are not supporters.

It’s not a ridiculous reaction if we are top for a week, have a chance to stay top and fail to beat one of the worst teams in the league.
Actually it is and your post reeks of someone who thinks Rangers have a god given right to win every game we play.

We've went to Tynecastle and got a point despite the referee letting Hearts away with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu whilst we weren't at our best.

Dropping points is never ideal but the OPs points about the Loudmouth critics on here and social media really need to get a grip.

You do nothing to improve a players confidence and will actually make them play worse.

Hearts played well. They raised their game, like they always do when the Old Firm come to town.

It was bad timeto go there they had all break to work on their game plan and any niggles to clear up adding that to the normal tough place to go made it a difficult trip.
These folk who think we just need to turn up to win are mental , over excited puppies when we go top and suicidal when we don’t win.

The irony is lost on a lot of the support too, they criticise supporters for ridiculous reactions, yet think nothing of abusing fellow fans, calling them all sorts, it’s prevalent in this very thread too.
I don't class these guys as supporters. I'm extremely comfortable in my description of them.

Actually it is and your post reeks of someone who thinks Rangers have a god given right to win every game we play.

We've went to Tynecastle and got a point despite the referee letting Hearts away with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu whilst we weren't at our best.

Dropping points is never ideal but the OPs points about the Loudmouth critics on here and social media really need to get a grip.

You do nothing to improve a players confidence and will actually make them play worse.

Who says we have god given right to win?

It was another poor away performance, there have been several this season.

We have a right to be annoyed and angry at yet more points shipped, it was an all too common theme last season and we are witnessing the same again this season.

Criticism is allowed, going ott and being personal with the manager and players is not.

When did so many of our support turn into precious wee ladies who take offence when the team is criticised?

It was bad timeto go there they had all break to work on their game plan and any niggles to clear up adding that to the normal tough place to go made it a difficult trip.
These folk who think we just need to turn up to win are mental , over excited puppies when we go top and suicidal when we don’t win.

Drawing at Tynecastle doesn't cost you titles. Anything over 10 points from 4 games against Hearts over a season is a decent return.

We have went to Tynecastle before and played better than yesterday and came away with nothing.

We have a right to be annoyed and angry at yet more points shipped, it was an all too common theme last season and we are witnessing the same again this season.

Criticism is allowed, going ott and being personal with the manager and players is not.

When did so many of our support turn into precious wee ladies who take offence when the team is criticised?

We have won something like 13 of our last 16 league games going into the tail end of last season. You'd think we were sitting mid table going by the reaction to yesterday, that's what people have a problem with.

You will get a number of really poor displays over the course of the season.

It's the first time we've dropped points away all season and you are correct that the performance in some of those games hasn't been great, but the criticism of our players and manager ANY TIME we drop points is way OTT which is the point made in the OP.

We are not perfect, we will drop points, Tav has not been his normal self this season BUT the zoomers who think it's ok to go onto Rangers FC/Players Twitter and Insta and hurl personal abuse at them is totally out of order and will produce zero positives.

Tav hasn't been great this season but he's never once hid and keeps plugging away.

I don’t think it’s possible to draw any conclusions 25% of the way in. It needs to be a minimum of 50% before we start extrapolating.

But if that’s what we want to do, it means we are coming second. Particularly when we have Celtic away twice too.

We won't win every game this season, we will play badly some weeks and will drop points to an inferior team or out of form team. They are facts. The only variables are the amount of setbacks and how we recover from setbacks.

I don’t think it’s possible to draw any conclusions 25% of the way in. It needs to be a minimum of 50% before we start extrapolating.

But if that’s what we want to do, it means we are coming second. Particularly when we have Celtic away twice too.

If we lose the league by a point or two then what? People want the manager bagged?

We are due to get a result at Parkhead as well. The law of averages will kick in.

It's the first time we've dropped points away all season and you are correct that the performance in some of those games hasn't been great, but the criticism of our players and manager ANY TIME we drop points is way OTT which is the point made in the OP.

We are not perfect, we will drop points, Tav has not been his normal self this season BUT the zoomers who think it's ok to go onto Rangers FC/Players Twitter and Insta and hurl personal abuse at them is totally out of order and will produce zero positives.

Tav hasn't been great this season but he's never once hid and keeps plugging away.

As I mentioned previously abusing players and managers is completely idiotic.

However, criticism of the way we are playing and ultimately the league position should always be allowed.

Gerrard more or less got a free hit last season, this season had to be a different story, I’m not convinced at all we have what it takes to go on a long run of winning games, home and away.

Criticism is warranted however personally abusing players is ridiculous. I can distinguish between shouts of frustration at the match and fans who’ve went on social media and abused the players.

Yesterday will need to be a wake up call for Gerrard, the coaches and the players - we’re joint top and look at the reaction; if they can’t handle the pressure just now wait and see how bad it gets if we’re still neck and neck at Christmas

I think what annoys people is that result yesterday was coming as the performances on the road have been poor. It's been talked about on here yet batted away as we had supposedly turned the corner and were showing signs of Champions.

We'll see where we are come the end of December having been to Ross County, Hamilton, Motherwell, Aberdeen, Hibs and the piggery with a trip to Hampden and European matches added in-between.

Performances on the road don't improve and we'll be looking at a clawing back a lead as we head into the new year.

Plenty well known posters on here were the ones shouting the loudest about being top of the league. They were the ones saying we would go to Tynecastle and win by a considerable margin.

If we lose the league by a point or two then what? People want the manager bagged?

We are due to get a result at Parkhead as well. The law of averages will kick in.

I can’t imagine people would want that or that the club would entertain it.

The OP is great info, but it talks about current form being good enough to win leagues in previous years. On current form, this season, we’re coming second. In saying that, there are plenty other factors to consider - particularly at this stage of the season. Which is why I think any analysis is far too premature. We have good form and we’re definitely in contention. Let’s leave it there.

Played 9
Won 7
Drew 1
Lost 1

22 points amassed. On course for 92 points as it stands, which would have won every SPFL Title since 14/15 outwith Rodgers' invincible season at Celtic.

Not a thread to defend yesterday's display, it was a really poor show but a bit of perspective is required here. The team is showing Championship Winning Form, or at the very least, showing form that will take a title challenge right down to the wire.

Our fans really need to get a grip. The reaction on here and social media in general every time we don't win a game is absolutely ridiculous.

Well said Sir.

Some of the stuff aimed at players on Twitter is deplorable, ’fans’ who actually @ players with abuse are the worst cunts!
I’d come off social media if I played with Rangers.

Spot on.

The biggest zoomers in our support seem to be the ones who shout the loudest when we are winning as well. It's pathetic.

Said it on another thread but this is why the zoomers are taking it so badly, because they'll have spent the last 2 weeks crowing about being top of the league by 2 points in October, and are going into work today looking like dicks.

Bipolar doesn't even begin to cover it.

I can’t imagine people would want that or that the club would entertain it.

The OP is great info, but it talks about current form being good enough to win leagues in previous years. On current form, this season, we’re coming second. In saying that, there are plenty other factors to consider - particularly at this stage of the season. Which is why I think any analysis is far too premature. We have good form and we’re definitely in contention. Let’s leave it there.

That's the point of the thread fella. Which is in stark contrast to the total over reaction on here.

Played 9
Won 7
Drew 1
Lost 1

December will show if we have title winning credentials or not plus a winning mentality. Hopefully a league cup final, home to Killie, away to Sheep, HIVs and Scum.

Hearts played well. They raised their game, like they always do when the Old Firm come to town.
Hearts did not play well out with the first 15 minutes, they gave away niggly fouls to disrupt the game, threw themselves to the ground at any opportunity, and took an eternity over set pieces and throw ins. Anything to prevent an outbreak of football, we were simply dreadful and unable to combat these tactics.

Hearts did not play well out with the first 15 minutes, they gave away niggly fouls to disrupt the game, threw themselves to the ground at any opportunity, and took an eternity over set pieces and throw ins. Anything to prevent an outbreak of football, we were simply dreadful and unable to combat these tactics.

They played better than their league position suggests. And nobody has said we weren't dreadful, I have referenced that in the OP so not sure what your point is pal.

Back