Roy Keane masterplan to solve Manchester United's striking problems

It's true what he's saying though, although different times to when Keane played. Back in the day if there was a player that united wanted, they went and bought him due to not much offers from other PL teams. Now theres about 4-5 who could pay the same wage and fee for the player they don't have the attractability they used to have 15 years ago.

Lukaku was not good enough for Man Utd.

An alright stat padder against the dung in the league and a very poor record against the top club.

I feel like Neville is much more accepting of Man Utd's decline.

It's true what he's saying though, although different times to when Keane played. Back in the day if there was a player that united wanted, they went and bought him due to not much offers from other PL teams. Now theres about 4-5 who could pay the same wage and fee for the player they don't have the attractability they used to have 15 years ago.

Nor does Kane think signing for United would be the dream of winning titles and trophies.

They need 6 or 7 of Kanes pedigree

There are two sides with Lukaku.

He wasn't good enough for where they should and want to be, but he was scoring more goals than those they do currently have.

The path from Spurs to Utd is a well worn one as we’ve seen in the past with the likes of Sheringham, Carrick and Berbatov, in those days though it was a definite step up, would Kane go there now though?

He's become a shock jock type pundit now. It looked like he himself didn't believe what he was coming out with there.

He also clearly on occasion wants it to be funny and has a decent idea it will be funny.

His poker faced booting of Barkley was funny and he clearly had a decent idea it was before saying it

Things can be both funny, and have a bit of truth in them

In my opinion, Harry Kane would be a terrible signing for United. His ankle injuries have resulted in a steady decline from him and this would be another instance of United going for a big name and it not working out.

He’s bang on the money though. Funnily enough, a Roy Keane is exactly what Man Utd are lacking just now. Well that, a striker and a defence :p

In my opinion, Harry Kane would be a terrible signing for United. His ankle injuries have resulted in a steady decline from him and this would be another instance of United going for a big name and it not working out.

He has 7 goals in 11 games this season for a team who have been a bit of a shambles.

Think he was joking when he said 'Easy'.

But he's not entirely wrong though, if ManU want to change they will need to spend big but also smart.

Watched the Live Road Show Radio thing he done with Neville a few weeks back. Couple hours long but well worth a watch. Came across really well for the most part. Talks about his fall out at Man Utd etc. Its on YouTube for anyone interested.

I’m not sure Man Utd get enough penalties to make the Kane signing worthwhile. Maybe if they can bring Howard Webb out of retirement though...

The path from Spurs to Utd is a well worn one as we’ve seen in the past with the likes of Sheringham, Carrick and Berbatov, in those days though it was a definite step up, would Kane go there now though?
Of course it's a step up.

They should, if I'm honest, I'm amazed they haven't already tried. SAF would have had him snapped up by now. Look an all of their main strikers in the past 25 years, all bought from their rivals or other Premiership clubs.

Vardy would all but confirm that Utd have truly lost their shit. :D

Keane is right, Utd of old would just go out and get Kane.

Albeit, can’t help but think they also need a new midfield to feed him.
True, quite lightweight in that department and rumours that they wanted to sign Eriksson in August would’ve helped.
They do need a goal scorer very quickly

Fascinating insight from the "pundit Roy Keane" got to be up there with "they need to put the ball in the net to score" or "The best way to win at football is scoring goals and not letting the opponent score goals."

I do appreciate his attitude though, it's very similar to a 11/12 year old PrivateAye playing the old Fifa games when with enough jiggery pokery and no one on the bench you could end up with Zidane, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Cafu, Carlos and Figo all at Rangers.

Also For Harry Kane, that's not a good career move (unless Poch goes to Man U and they have an utter clear out) Spurs are out preforming Man U and have done consistently for a good few seasons now. Man U under new management vs Spurs under new management is a toss up. Also every talisman player signed after SAF for Man U has become a worse player and has needed to go rejuvenate their career elsewhere. De Gea as well has regressed. Bailly, Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, Fred, Linderlof etc etc have all either stalled or regressed since signing. Kane would be insane to go there. He'll more than likely follow Poch.

Man U's problems are more than just their CF, the rot starts at the top and goes right the way through the club... long may it continue.

Keane is a prick. And he comes across as a twat in this job. But this point is spot on.
If Man U want to be back at the top table they need the best players
Can I ask how you think he comes across as a twat in his job?
Any time I see him, he explains it the way i am thinking, or just straight out tells it how it is- and not just to be difficult or controversial.
I like that in a pundit.
other than that he may well be a prick - never met him so cannot say either way

He also clearly on occasion wants it to be funny and has a decent idea it will be funny.

His poker faced booting of Barkley was funny and he clearly had a decent idea it was before saying it

Things can be both funny, and have a bit of truth in them
Many a true word spoken in jest.;)

That’s a good point mate , it isn’t a step up
team wise anymore , Kane is a Spurs boy so I don’t think would sully his reputation , for a sideways move .

I like Roy Keane, save for the spell he was with the mhanks. He’s right of course, they should get Kane. Considering the money squandared on dross in various positions, they should try for it.

Man utd require more than Kane to solve thier problems which have blighted all managers, two of which have been world class, since SAF chucked it.

apCRF4s.gif

Back