BBC's description of alleged racism in British football this weekend

ssblue

Jane Dougall:

"In the Championship some Bristol City fans were alleged to have used racist language in their match against Luton".

Followed by..

"While in Scotland there were allegations of racism at Tynecastle in Hearts' match against Rangers".

Anyone else feel this could have been worded differently with consistency shown?

Or am I looking for something that isn't there?

Heard the report and had exactly the same thought. This was in national news (on BBC News channel in my case) not the Scottish version.

I noticed this too. It happens too often for it to be a coincidence.

Kris Commons mentions bananas being thrown at Mark Walters but says it happened at various stadiums up and down the country. We all know it was Celtic and Hearts fans but its typical that no bad publicity goes the way of Celtic.

Still waiting for sfa/sfpl scotshit police and all the usual loud anti Rangers organisations to get involved.

Jane Dougall:

"In the Championship some Bristol City fans were alleged to have used racist language in their match against Luton".

Followed by..

"While in Scotland there were allegations of racism at Tynecastle in Hearts' match against Rangers".

Anyone else feel this could have been worded differently with consistency shown?

Alleged= said, without proof, to have taken place or to have a specified illegal or undesirable quality.

Allegations= a claim or assertion that someone has done something illegal or wrong, typically one made without proof.

That not just two different words but mean the same.

The
Alleged= said, without proof, to have taken place or to have a specified illegal or undesirable quality.

Allegations= a claim or assertion that someone has done something illegal or wrong, typically one made without proof.

The point is they say Bristol City fans did it. Then they say it happened at Tynecastle in Hearts v Rangers game, but don’t identify who it was!

you are missing the point mare ‘Bristol city fans’ no mention of hearts fans

Why bother with the BBC? You know what they do, so leave them to it.
They are pathetic in thier little digs or whatever. They enjoy it because we bite.

It's important people keep an eye on this because when the cellik allegations come to the forefront and inevitably to court, the media at BBC Scotland and STV will word this as Scottish football allegations and celliks truly colossal involvement will be swept under the carpet to protect their PR.

They've already started. See the BBC allegations re Neely.

Jane Dougall:

Followed by..

ask her on twitter

just please be polite anyone that does speak to her and don't say anything sectarian

ask her on twitter

just please be polite anyone that does speak to her and don't say anything sectarian
I don't do Twitter.

FF is my only social media interaction.

Bristol City fans being specifically mentioned but funnily enough the ambiguity in the report on our game deliberately leaves the reader clueless as to who the racists chants we’re committed by and to which side we’re on the receiving end.
Yet another aspect of our club that fails to pick up on these little things that paints us in a bad light.

They say that there's no agenda against our club. If that's the case , then stop the ambiguity in reporting when Rangers are involved.

Yeah that’s carefully written so that casual readers can assume it was our support in the wrong. They get worse by the week, Rangers need to get the lawyers onto them as some point.

A national ‘news’ outlet who try and fabricate their own news due to a personal vendetta, how tragic. I can’t understand how their bosses down south don’t see this and say enough is enough. But then it’s hardly surprising to see pedo harbouring bastards assisting other pedo harbouring bastards.

We’ve had an image that is falsely associated with us being “racist” and the average English football fan is probably going to know more about Rangers than Hearts so they’ll assume it’s coming from us.

Watched a report on Sky this morning with Kenny Miller discussing racism 8n football.....
outside the gates at Ibrox with 'Rangers FC' dominating the background.

Make your own mind up.

Back