Exclusive: James Tavernier in demand as former Rangers boss Mark Warburton makes EPL claim (Record)

Whereas I agree with your summary of his performance on Sunday, I feel you are being a little harsh to demand he is removed from the team, his contribution to this team over his time at the club has been considerable, his crosses into the box have resulted in many goals and he has also scored several goals, much of which have been match winning contributions.

He has also shown on many occasions that he is not "shite" in defence, however his mistakes have been costly.

I personally feel the positive aspects of his play far outweigh the negatives, he needs to concentrate more on his defending, but it is obvious that he is encouraged to get forward as much as possible due to his fantastic ability to play lethal balls into the box and his link up play with the forwards.

I hope he gets through this current sticky patch and leads us to the title this season.

PS, no one got pass marks on Sunday, we were a collective nightmare.
The problem is he's often a disaster in high pressure games. Games you'd expect your Captain to stand up not capitulate. If we are to return to our rightful place we'll face many high pressure games and in these he's a man down.

Our ex players get slated for not talking up our players in the press and now an ex manager comes out and does just that but all the FF Brian's Fae EK still arent happy. What a place this is, its full of angry wee men who really need to get their hole.

I looked at the QPR team at the weekend.
No wallace again, who in their right mind would take on a crock, who had never played in England and not played first team football in regular basis for over 2 years.
And lets be honest- wallace was not a very good player.
Only Warburton.
So the guy aint got a clue

Wish the media would f*ck off with this guy.

It's the only couple of contacts Jackson has to do with Rangers outwith Miller and Barry Ferguson.

Disappointed there is no update on what action the powerful LMA were going to take after Warburton left.

Reactions: TN8
I think there maybe some interest come the summer but his mistakes will cost us in terms of his value. He’s had 3 already this season and we’re in October. Hopefully he can settle down because he’s a lot better than he’s showing this season.

The proof is in the bids.

How many have we knocked back apart from the nonsense £2.5m bid from West Brom last summer ?

Tav is a good player. One who has improved massively in 4 years but is still making the same ridiculous schoolboy mistakes in games.

Thanks for the response. We'll have to agree to disagree he will cost us 55. For every amazing cross or pass, there's 15 pants ones. Just watch that first half again and post your response. Just done it myself and it is a horror show. You'd need to be on drugs to see the positives in this. He's a bottler.
agree, same with free kicks always him pulling rank then he either fecks it over everyone or hits the wall, then there is that one out of a hundred he gets it..

11 Dec 2015 - James Tavernier enthusiastically credits Mark Warburton
James Tavernier enthusiastically credits Mark Warburton for drawing out some of the very best football he has produced during a decidedly nomadic career.

Encouragement of Tavernier’s attack-minded instinct has been complemented by the tactical freedom to flourish. Ten goals from right-back underlines just how mutually beneficial this relationship has been.

I think a good RB is a must for us either in January or end of season.
Time to cut our losses with Tavernier as he’s never going to get any better than he is now, so if we’re getting a decent price for him take it and let’s try and get better.
Love to see your suggestions for how to replace our entire right hand side for less than we would get for Tav, because let’s face it, he is our right hand side.

Yeah I’m not really sure why any of us would be giddy that this lying con artist is talking about one of our players.

If it came from a credible ex coach/player who isn’t a lying bastard then maybe I’d a bit happier with it.
Exactly, I could maybe have worded it better had I not been under the influence of alcohol.
But when that man says something nice, I wonder what the angle is and expect he'll be wanting some kind of favour very soon.

Stunned by the number of bears who put any credence in what this chancer says. The Record contacts him for a wind-up and fools lap it up,

The problem is he's often a disaster in high pressure games. Games you'd expect your Captain to stand up not capitulate. If we are to return to our rightful place we'll face many high pressure games and in these he's a man down.
Like both games at Ibrox against the yahoo's last season?

Tavernier will have been watched over a period of time, not just a few matches. He's not been any where near top form this season but he was last season.

I've seen John Stones, Hugo Lloris, Niklas Süle, Sergio Aurier and Alvaro Odrozola make some absolute costly howlers this season - all high profile footballers.

Tavernier made a mistake on Sunday but we still had 80 minutes to turn the match round, 45 to find a winner and failed to do so.

Costly individual errors have been going on for some time now, Gerrard spoke about it before a ball was kicked against Kilmarnock and he was still going on about it after Sunday's match. We've got to cut them out.

There are some absolutely useless RB's in England. One of them played last night for Arsenal (Chambers - CB who also plays RB) so Tavernier's Rangers performances won't have gone unnoticed, neither will his stats and he's certainly a better RB than the two QPar have; Rangel and Todd Kane.

It's ok though because Brian from East Kilbride thinks he is absolutely pish because he has cost a few goals recently.

I like Tav and think he's been a fantastic servant, however that doesn't mean you can't criticise his poor form this season.

Jesus fucking Christ.

We moan like %^*& on here when ex players talk our players down in the press and when an ex manager talks one of our players up we tell him to gtf.

Never change FF.

My thoughts precisely.

God forbid somebody should actually talk UP the value of one of our players.

Love to see your suggestions for how to replace our entire right hand side for less than we would get for Tav, because let’s face it, he is our right hand side.
Ah so in your mind he’s irreplaceable and there’s nobody out there that can take his place, oh well let’s not bother then and just to let you know it’s not my job to make suggestions to the manager I seem to remember we have just hired a person for that very roll.

Time to take Tav out the limelight. We are a very unforgiving bunch whipped up into a frenzy with the pitchforks out. The lad must be sore as he's not meaning these mistakes and never hides, he's a constant in the team and might be suffering from burnout.
Aye but that's pish is it not considering he just had a fortnight unless he got a call up to England that i missed? Davis aribo Kamara arfield barasic morelos I can accept as they haven't stopped and been playing for their country other players can't use that excuse if we are being honest.

Jesus fucking Christ.

We moan like %^*& on here when ex players talk our players down in the press and when an ex manager talks one of our players up we tell him to gtf.

Never change FF.
Fucking crackpots.

Take the words for what they are and try and divorce your hatred for the man.

He’s talking up an excellent footballer.
A footballer who has been outstanding for four seasons not the last four games.

He hasn’t said one single fucking thing wrong but the FF masses go into mass hysteria.

Read it again forfuxake.

Last edited:
Fucking crackpots.

Take the words for what they are and try and divorce your hatred for the man.

He’s talking up an excellent footballer.
A footballer who has been outstanding for four seasons not the last four games.

He hasn’t said one single fucking thing wrong but the FF masses go into mass hysteria.

Read it again forfuxake.
They would prefer wee Barry or Kris telling us that Edouard is worth £35m and big Julien is the new Van Dijk.
Self loathing cunts!

You told us a lot of clubs were interested in Josh Windass ya fucking blowhard fanny.

Any chance of telling the media that Rangers supporters don’t have any interest or investment in anything Mark Warburton has to say?

We got a very respectable transfer fee for Windass, no?

Mark Warburton has warned Rangers that a host of England’s top-flight managers are queuing up to take James Tavernier off their hands.

Warburton spoke out exclusively to Record Sport after a section of Ibrox fans pinned the blame on their captain’s slap-stick defending for Sunday’s 1-1 draw at Hearts.
alls have been growing recently for boss Steven Gerrard to axe the full-back from his starting line-up with Tavernier also copping the flak after two separate blunders led to a Europa League defeat to Young Boys of Bern.

But now the man who bought him for Rangers in the first place has revealed a number of Premier League clubs will be carefully monitoring developments ahead of the January transfer window.

The Queens Park Rangers boss said: “I know for a fact there is a lot of interest in him down here. I hear people talk and I’ve had a lot of phone-calls from managers at other clubs who are asking me about him. I always give them my honest opinion.
“But this is not a new thing. It’s been going on for a long time now
“I remember we were playing a game and we knew a top Premier League club was coming to watch him.
“After the game I was chatting with Davie Weir and we both agreed Tav hadn’t had his best game in terms of one-v-one defending.
“Then the guy from the club who was watching him came up to us and said,’’ He was magnificent”
“What he saw was an athlete going forward, whipping balls into the box and causing all sorts of problems for the opponents.”
“So a lot of Premier League clubs have been watching him because they know how good he is.”
“He’s a very talented boy. Yes, everyone has areas they can improve on but Tav is an outstanding asset and a top class professional. He deserves nothing but respect.”

I think a good RB is a must for us either in January or end of season.
Time to cut our losses with Tavernier as he’s never going to get any better than he is now, so if we’re getting a decent price for him take it and let’s try and get better.

We won't find a better RB than Tav on our budget. The guy's form has been poor of late but he's still one of our best players!

Essentially this is a clever piece from Warburton.

He loves Tavernier, he's trying to pick him up and give him a boost.
Sometimes, its as simple as that with no ulterior motive.

Fūck off Warbs.

He's so full of shit.

Yes we dont need our players talked up at all?

Celtic men are always in the paper telling us how much their next sale is worth.

Meanwhile we sell ours for buttons. Warburton might be a bit of a crank but if he has the ear of anyone willing to part with several million for tav then more power to him. Get them queued up with offers

Back