Crystal Palace Morelos

IMO this report is just a load of bull from a Rangers hating media who will do anything to unsettle Alfie because they know the damage he can do to their beloved bheast's title hopes. It's nothing more than a wish of a bheast supporting media :mad:

The only way I would accept him going is if we have a big name replacement (most likely a loan) to help get us to 55 then assess a proper replacement in the summer.

I also would be looking for closer to £30m.

Premier League team = Increase the transfer fee by 50%.

But I doubt he's leaving any time soon, he absolutely loves it at Rangers.

If they or anybody wants Alfredo in January, two stipulations :
£30m at least. This is the going rate, when you see the cost of some of the dross down south.
The deal includes a loan back until the end of the season.
Ideally I want Alfredo to stay, but I hope the board play hard ball on any deal. And we have a replacement lined up.

I hope he stays until the end of the season and tbh i hope he gets a bigger club than Crystal Palace.

He would be a good fit for them as their options up top are howling but he could easily go and play for a big team in Spain like Valencia Sevilla etc.

Even if we get £25m, who are we going to get in January to replace him?

We got Defoe the last January window.

It will be very difficult to replace what Alfie brings to the team if/when he goes but there's still good players available in January.

Some people on here are crazy lol 35 million :oops: I’d be surprised if we didn’t snatch someone’s hand off for 20 - remember we got 0 bids for him in summer

My ideal scenario is we hold off until summer securing 55 with Alfie smashing all sorts of records in the process before we sell him for circa 30 million and a hefty percentage sell on.

Then proceed to buy Prevljak and Skov Olsen with about a third of the cash!

No chance,mate and I still think he can get a far better move than those two, he'd be better staying and trying to get to the CL with Rangers,he won't get that at these places.

I’d love him to stay Jack.

I was one of those supporting him a year or so ago when others wanted him out or sold, and that was before the disciplinary issue became big.

My concern is his long stated ambition to go to England Jack.

He was a £20m player last season there has been a real improvement in his game and discipline this season.20 would be daylight robbery if he goes at the end of the season I think there will be a bidding war.

I would hope that Gerrard and the Rangers hierarchy have contingency plans to replace Morelos in the event that an offer too big to turn down is received. If we are still in a situation of more or less parity with the yahoos at the new year, any decision involving Morelos' future would have to taken only after carefully pondering what the likely consequences of his possible departure would mean for Rangers.

This is why we really need to fight for every point that available because we all know realistically he's away in the summer. Trying to replace those goals will be a hard ask. Can't see it in january unless it's daft money. The question is how much is potential league glory worth?

We would probably accept £20m with a percentage of any sell on which is the key. Just look at McGinn at Villa. Strikers are even more of a premium. If he does well (which I think he will), he’ll be worth an absolute fortune being bought from the EPL.

No way are we rejecting £20m if it gets offered. I would like a 15% of future sale clause added though.

Will be hard to replace Alfie but if you reinvest the correct way it should make the team stronger overall.

I’d love him to stay Jack.

I was one of those supporting him a year or so ago when others wanted him out or sold, and that was before the disciplinary issue became big.

My concern is his long stated ambition to go to England Jack.
Agreed, It'll be a sad day when he goes and like you I'd like him to stay and I think if he goes 20 million is the starting price,because it may we'll cost us to find an adequate replacement. I think he's at the right club at th right time and he won't learn from anyone better than the gaffer and JD.

Agreed, It'll be a sad day when he goes and like you I'd like him to stay and I think if he goes 20 million is the starting price,because it may we'll cost us to find an adequate replacement. I think he's at the right club at th right time and he won't learn from anyone better than the gaffer and JD.

Agree Jack.

He may regret moving on if he does. We are a special football club ;)

We might not have any choice. If the buyout fee in his contract is £20 million then that’s all we will get and when he goes will be up to him.

I cant see the board accepting 20 million in January! To win the league we need him, if theres a 20 million bid in January, we'll get that of not more in the summer!

This January hes almost priceless

Twenty million will be a great piece of business and I cant see the board turning it down they already mentioned that was the price they would take at ORSA.
Hard to negotiate a higher price when we have already stated how much we are willing to take.

If a £20m bid comes in Morelos could down tools, nothing worse than an unhappy player.

The boy came from nothing and could potentially get a huge signing on fee and a weekly wage near £100k - no brainer.

Twenty million will be a great piece of business and I cant see the board turning it down they already mentioned that was the price they would take at ORSA.
Hard to negotiate a higher price when we have already stated how much we are willing to take.

Eh? He’s gotten even better since then so they can easily ask for more on the basis of that alone. We’re not tied to accepting £20m just because of comments Robertson made 8 or 9 months ago.

Given his quality and the rapid rate at which he’s progressing and the fact it’s Premier League clubs, £20m isn’t enough. McBurnie just transferred for £20m and he’s not a fraction of the player Morelos is.

It's not a great peice of business if it severely effects our chances of winning the league! If hes worth 20 the now, he'll be worth at least that come the summer

Eh? He’s gotten even better since then so they can easily ask for more on the basis of that alone. We’re not tied to accepting £20m just because of comments Robertson made 8 or 9 months ago.

Given his quality and the rapid rate at which he’s progressing and the fact it’s Premier League clubs, £20m isn’t enough. McBurnie just transferred for £20m and he’s not a fraction of the player Morelos is.

Twenty million is not a lot in Premiership terms I agree but we have kinda showed our hand our hope has to be a few clubs interested so we get a bidding war going.

It's not a great peice of business if it severely effects our chances of winning the league! If hes worth 20 the now, he'll be worth at least that come the summer

No one may even bid in January it could just be more speculation. I honestly do think if Palace comes up with 20 million he will be their player.

Twenty million is not a lot in Premiership terms I agree but we have kinda showed our hand our hope has to be a few clubs interested so we get a bidding war going.

Not necessarily. We don’t have to accept any offer we don’t want to. With the way Morelos is playing teams will want him and will likely offer more until they get their man. A bidding war helps of course.

But yeah I’d be devastated with £20m in January.

He's better than Ayew so wouldn't be shocked at Palace going for him.

Sadly no way our board knock back big money deal. If Palace are comfortable in Jan then maybe try do a deal where we keep him on loan till end of season and then sell him for 15 million plus an add-on in any future fee.

Unless Gerrard has someone lined up to replace him as he must know he won't be long term

I don't see us punting Alfie in Jan, even for £20m. If he's worth that in Jan, he'll be worth that in the summer.

Why would DK push the boat out and sanction the £7m for Kent, if we were going to sell our top striker mid season?

We'll get bids, we'll knock them back. Alfie will go in a huff, but luckily we have a winter break for him to sulk. He'll come back out of it, finish top goal scorer as we win the treble. We punt him for £30m in the summer and reinvest the lot... that's how i see it (hope for it) going!!

If a bid of 20+ million in January he’s away like it or not. The board can’t refuse an offer like that for a player we bought for 1 million pounds. He could go on and break his leg a month later there is no sure thing in football. Also it is pretty well known Alfie has been assured if we get an acceptable offer from a top 5 league he will be allowed to go to pull that out from under him would do more damage than good.

Is there a reason why we are no longer cutting and pasting and instead leaving a link for these rhats? Genuine question as it used to be not on posting links. What changed?

If a bid of 20+ million in January he’s away like it or not. The board can’t refuse an offer like that for a player we bought for 1 million pounds. He could go on and break his leg a month later there is no sure thing in football. Also it is pretty well known Alfie has been assured if we get an acceptable offer from a top 5 league he will be allowed to go to pull that out from under him would do more damage than good.

Yes they can. The objective is to win the league and we’re not desperate for the money right now so if they no longer deem £20m suitable (and it’s really not) then they can say no thanks. The fact we bought him for £1m has no bearing whatsoever on what amount we should or shouldn’t accept by the way.

There will be a price in mind here and if a club reaches it. Alfie will push for the move and make it happen. Sadly he and his agent will know what that cap is. Anything above that then it will be he and his agent coining it in as signing on fees.

I reckon that because he has now cleared up his disciplinary record we will need to brace ourselves for some very tempting offers.

Also a lot will depend on how many goals he scores in Europe and in our next game against the scum.

On the bright side though I really can't see our board caving in for any less than £20M+ and only during the early days of the winter break, leaving us enough time to try and get some sort of replacement in.

If that's the case then I hope Ross Wilson is half as good as everyone thinks he is!

Back