Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

The agenda driven individuals and organisations will use all at their disposal to deflect and deny. The bravery of the victims and their families are to be applauded, you are not alone. Tell your story, the perpetrators should be hunted down and exposed. The harbourers and protectors should be very worried. To date the footballing authority and government in Scotland have not addressed this scandal, which has been with us for half a century. A big shout out to all the efforts of this thread, here's to justice for the victims.

Encouraging to see BS. I‘m sure I’m not alone in being disappointed in the recent lack of further stories from Marc Horne of The Times. Whilst acquainting myself with that awful Twitter I noticed a post from a particularly vicious paedo defender in which he appeared to boast about having silenced Horne. Hopefully it’s just the calm before the storm of revelations as far as Horne is concerned.

I don't know for sure as to the clown you're referring too IB, but I'll assume that it's Raving Ronnie. Of course it may not be as there are so many crackpots out there, but he's a particularly vile lunatic. He's truly obnoxious.

And don't worry about his loony, but laughable claims, he's incapable of silencing Marc. If he did boast about doing just that, then he's even more of a vile nutter than I thought. It maybe happened in his dreams though. The same thing happens regularly with Joe the bigot.

A club (and supporters) like no other and we're all grateful for that.

Please be assured that just because sometimes things go quiet doesn’t mean nothing is happening. I can also assure you that anything the filth say is false and will not affect the fight for justice.

And I'll second that mate.

They do like to slabber a lot about so many things that their gullible fellow paedo harbourers will lap up. THEY'RE NOT RIGHT IN THE HEAD.

Everyone can have confidence in Marc reporting what needs to be said. He hasn't failed yet.

And I'll second that mate.

They do like to slabber a lot about so many things that their gullible fellow paedo harbourers will lap up. THEY'RE NOT RIGHT IN THE HEAD.

Everyone can have confidence in Marc reporting what needs to be said. He hasn't failed yet.

They're slabbering, bumbling fools,desperate for a wee bone thrown to them on here,so they can go back and appease their mhanky hoards...%^*& the lot of them,scum of the earth.

They're slabbering, bumbling fools,desperate for a wee bone thrown to them on here,so they can go back and appease their mhanky hoards...%^*& the lot of them,scum of the earth.
Correct. They are paedo apologists that have no shame. It’s instilled in them at birth and the reaction they give speaks volumes. They will go to any length to try and protect the name of that rancid club, even to the point of abusing victims families. They have no place in our society.

They also come on here as we all know. We have had a few over recent months. Sad little people that have to come on here to view what we are doing. That’s called obsession.

You can take this wee message back to your mhanky forums. We’re going nowhere and justice will prevail over that disgusting club that poisoned our shores and brought that filth of a cult with them.

A guide to tactical voting for the upcoming election. I know it’s slightly off topic but it’s still relevant to our push for an inquiry. It’s the SNP that are blocking it.
Despite my hatred for the SNP, voting for Labour in a tight constituency(Inverclyde) does not sit well with me as I do not think that they would push for an enquiry either

Despite my hatred for the SNP, voting for Labour in a tight constituency(Inverclyde) does not sit well with me as I do not think that they would push for an enquiry either
I agree with you. No matter what, I would never vote Labour due to their links with Sinn Fein over the years. A path that the SNP are also choosing to follow.
Reference the inquiry, we have received mixed responses from Labour. The majority do seem to support an inquiry though.

I agree with you. No matter what, I would never vote Labour due to their links with Sinn Fein over the years. A path that the SNP are also choosing to follow.
Reference the inquiry, we have received mixed responses from Labour. The majority do seem to support an inquiry though.
That’s good news then @BlueNose94 regarding the majority of labour supporting an inquiry.

They'll say anything to win votes. I get the feeling they'll change their minds if they get back in power

I also never noticed anything like this last year. This filth know what’s coming...., “covered by insurance”?....,Unbelievable statement.

This filth will continue to deny and deflect no matter what. Like the rest of the Catholic cult that exists worldwide and has been brought to justice.
A tiny percentage of them have been brought to justice, primarily because their cult offers absolution and forgiveness for pretty much any abomination imaginable at the small cost of entering a dark booth and telling a probable child-rapist in a cassock all about what you did, with a canon law guarantee that he won't clype.

We absolutely have to aim for potential sponsors. They already have most of the money from their current sponsors. I seriously hope Adidas don't sponsor them as they are my favourite sportswear brand. We should be targeting all of the big names and letting them know what they're letting themselves in for if they sponsor the filth. I've personally contacted NB and Adidas as well as some of their smaller sponsors and not heard a single word back but the more we do it, the better chance we have of affecting any deal they try and negotiate.

Totally agree PP. Here is an email I sent to Adidas. Hopefully I will get a response.

Hi,
I understand that your Company may be considering sponsoring Celtic FC next year. Could you please email me the address of your CEO as I would like to ask him or her if your company feel comfortable sponsoring and therefore being associated with this Company. You may know that 6 employees of Celtic FC and Celtic Boys Club have now been convicted of sex offences against children. It certainly looks like there was a paedophile ring operating at Celtic FC. It is well documented that over the past 40 years senior Celtic FC Officials were historically informed of instances of child abuse, by children in their charge, and they chose to cover these crimes up to protect the “good name” of the Club rather than doing everything in their power to protect the innocent victims. Most recently links to Barry Bennell and Sir Jimmy Saville are also being investigated. I firmly believe that further damning evidence in this horrendous scandal will continue to be uncovered for the foreseeable future and any businesses in partnership with Celtic FC will undoubtedly suffer reputational damage by association.
As a longstanding Adidas customer I can assure you that I will not be putting any of my business your way should you decide to sponsor Celtic FC.
I await your response, many thanks.

Yours Sincerely ******* *********

Email to F.I.F.A., Extra script added to the previous U.E.F.A. email

To:fatma.samoura@fifa.org

1 Nov at 08:15

Dear Fatma,

In recent weeks there has been a concerted focus on tackling Racism within football. It is highly commendable that your organisation is dealing with this very important subject head on, with sanctions and punishment handed out to perpetrators and associates of representative clubs.
It is also highly commendable that your organisation tackles discrimination and sectarianism within European football, especially as the sport you represent has close ties with society and cultural identity.

F.I.F.A./U.E.F.A. against Racism, F.I.F.A./U.E.F.A. against Discrimination, F.I.F.A./U.E.F.A. against Sectarianism, Respect, all relevant issues that your organisation rightly deserves praise and plaudits for meeting head on. As we in Scotland would say, "We're all Jock Tamson's bairns!", meaning everyone is the same, we are all human beings, regardless of colour, creed or religion.

However there is one subject missing from your initiatives, a subject of the utmost importance, a subject that to date your organisation is Ignoring, a subject that in my opinion is More deserving of your support and involvement than any other, a subject that is prevalent within the sport that you represent and are responsible for as the Governing body over all National European Associates, a Governing body to ensure rules are followed and Respect ,Morals and Ethical values are upheld. The subject that is of Paramount importance is ABUSE, not just abuse that is verbal or constitutes making salutes or gestures.

It is in fact Abuse that is Physical and Psychological and ruin's lives, career's and relationship's. If by now you don't get the bigger picture, the Abuse I am intimating is Child Sexual Abuse. As I have already indicated, it is highly commendable and admirable that you tackle all the derogatory issues that I have mentioned, But it is an absolute Disgrace that to date your organisation has failed to Acknowledge and deal with, in my opinion, a subject that is far more damaging, offensive and Unethical than any other mentioned.

In Scotland there is an endemic National scandal, which for more than 5 decades has been left to fester and germinate, undisputed, unchallenged and ignored by incompetent, immoral, uncompassionate, self centred, authoritative individuals, representative of the sporting, media, religious and political spectrum. This endemic scandal is prevalent predominantly in religion and sport, arguably the two most relevant subjects, that our representative Scottish Government have conveniently excluded from investigation into Historic child sexual abuse, in order to protect votes.

In FACT Sectarianism and Discrimination is endorsed by our representative Scottish Government, when children begin attendance at school from the age of 5, there is a policy of Religious Apartheid allowing separate schooling. There are Roman Catholic schools where only R.C.'s are allowed to attend and the rest of the schools are non-denominational, who welcome all races and religions. So there you have it, Discrimination and Sectarianism festering and germinating from the age of 5 years old, extruding into education, sport and employment.
Our representative Scottish Government are along with U.E.F.A. and S.F.A., Complicit in Ignoring Child Sex Abuse and it's Victims, WHY? F.I.F.A. must address this as a priority. As to date this scandal has been Ignored by U.E.F.A., who have been made aware on numerous occasions and have failed to act.

Incidently your associate representative organisation through U.E.F.A., S.F.A. have for more than 5 decades, been informed and watched from the side lines as paedophiles have been criminally convicted and handed inappropriate jail sentences for child sexual abuse. These 4 convictions in the past year have been the sole responsibility of one football club, Celtic F.C. A club who have known, ignored and covered up the abuse which was perpetrated on their premises, for over 5 decades. Let's stop to digest and quantify 100's of victims over 5 decades, it is actually staggering and disgusting. A self proclaimed "club like no other!", who have shown total disregard and disdain for the 100's of poor victims, tortured and traumatised at the hands of the club like no other's employees, children whose only dream was to play for the club that they "loved", the club that ultimately, destroyed and discarded them. A club that is a member of an association that is under your auspices, that you grant a licence to operate and participate in your premier competitions, do you think that's ethical?

Your organisation has a duty of care, to protect innocent Children . Fortunately for your organisation you still have the chance to right the wrongs, to show compassion, empathy and respect for the victims, uphold your proclaimed Ethical values and tackle this abuse poison with the same commitment and vigour as your other initiatives, punish and sanction the perpetrators responsible for allowing these, abhorrent, reprehensible, heinous crimes.

Look no further than the authorities in U.S.A. , who dealt with the Penn State scandal, which was miniscule in comparison with Scotland's Shame. The U.S. authorities command total respect and admiration for the way they dealt with things. Hopefully for the sake of the future welfare of the 100's of Scottish victims your organisation can deliver Penn State Parity for Scottish victims of child sexual abuse within Scottish football.

This scandal requires your immediate attention and action as a priority and without delay, there are over 20 legal writs Imminently about to be served upon Celtic F.C., also they are to be exposed in a 3 hour series of documentaries which will be screened worldwide, early next year.

Don't miss your chance to tackle this scandal before being exposed as yet another organisation who Knew and did Nothing. Please find a link to a Scottish daily tabloid who had this story on the Front page on Monday 28th October 2019 , which highlights that the abuse was prevalent in the late 1960's, with Celtic F.C. officials and Manager involved with Celtic boys club, transporting players to games and watching them perform.

Celtic Boys' club beast abused young player in toy shop while other man watched

Look Forward to your reply

Yours sincerely

Celtic Boys' club beast abused young player in toy shop while other man ...
Keith McLeod
Gordon Woods has bravely told how Jim Torbett attempted to rape him and then carried out a sex act.

R.K.

Dear Fatma,

In recent weeks there has been a concerted focus on tackling Racism within football. It is highly commendable that your organisation is dealing with this very important subject head on, with sanctions and punishment handed out to perpetrators and associates of representative clubs.
It is also highly commendable that your organisation tackles discrimination and sectarianism within European football, especially as the sport you represent has close ties with society and cultural identity.

F.I.F.A./U.E.F.A. against Racism, F.I.F.A./U.E.F.A. against Discrimination, F.I.F.A./U.E.F.A. against Sectarianism, Respect, all relevant issues that your organisation rightly deserves praise and plaudits for meeting head on. As we in Scotland would say, "We're all Jock Tamson's bairns!", meaning everyone is the same, we are all human beings, regardless of colour, creed or religion.

However there is one subject missing from your initiatives, a subject of the utmost importance, a subject that to date your organisation is Ignoring, a subject that in my opinion is More deserving of your support and involvement than any other, a subject that is prevalent within the sport that you represent and are responsible for as the Governing body over all National European Associates, a Governing body to ensure rules are followed and Respect ,Morals and Ethical values are upheld. The subject that is of Paramount importance is ABUSE, not just abuse that is verbal or constitutes making salutes or gestures.

It is in fact Abuse that is Physical and Psychological and ruin's lives, career's and relationship's. If by now you don't get the bigger picture, the Abuse I am intimating is Child Sexual Abuse. As I have already indicated, it is highly commendable and admirable that you tackle all the derogatory issues that I have mentioned, But it is an absolute Disgrace that to date your organisation has failed to Acknowledge and deal with, in my opinion, a subject that is far more damaging, offensive and Unethical than any other mentioned.

In Scotland there is an endemic National scandal, which for more than 5 decades has been left to fester and germinate, undisputed, unchallenged and ignored by incompetent, immoral, uncompassionate, self centred, authoritative individuals, representative of the sporting, media, religious and political spectrum. This endemic scandal is prevalent predominantly in religion and sport, arguably the two most relevant subjects, that our representative Scottish Government have conveniently excluded from investigation into Historic child sexual abuse, in order to protect votes.

In FACT Sectarianism and Discrimination is endorsed by our representative Scottish Government, when children begin attendance at school from the age of 5, there is a policy of Religious Apartheid allowing separate schooling. There are Roman Catholic schools where only R.C.'s are allowed to attend and the rest of the schools are non-denominational, who welcome all races and religions. So there you have it, Discrimination and Sectarianism festering and germinating from the age of 5 years old, extruding into education, sport and employment.
Our representative Scottish Government are along with U.E.F.A. and S.F.A., Complicit in Ignoring Child Sex Abuse and it's Victims, WHY? F.I.F.A. must address this as a priority. As to date this scandal has been Ignored by U.E.F.A., who have been made aware on numerous occasions and have failed to act.

Incidently your associate representative organisation through U.E.F.A., S.F.A. have for more than 5 decades, been informed and watched from the side lines as paedophiles have been criminally convicted and handed inappropriate jail sentences for child sexual abuse. These 4 convictions in the past year have been the sole responsibility of one football club, Celtic F.C. A club who have known, ignored and covered up the abuse which was perpetrated on their premises, for over 5 decades. Let's stop to digest and quantify 100's of victims over 5 decades, it is actually staggering and disgusting. A self proclaimed "club like no other!", who have shown total disregard and disdain for the 100's of poor victims, tortured and traumatised at the hands of the club like no other's employees, children whose only dream was to play for the club that they "loved", the club that ultimately, destroyed and discarded them. A club that is a member of an association that is under your auspices, that you grant a licence to operate and participate in your premier competitions, do you think that's ethical?

Your organisation has a duty of care, to protect innocent Children . Fortunately for your organisation you still have the chance to right the wrongs, to show compassion, empathy and respect for the victims, uphold your proclaimed Ethical values and tackle this abuse poison with the same commitment and vigour as your other initiatives, punish and sanction the perpetrators responsible for allowing these, abhorrent, reprehensible, heinous crimes.

Look no further than the authorities in U.S.A. , who dealt with the Penn State scandal, which was miniscule in comparison with Scotland's Shame. The U.S. authorities command total respect and admiration for the way they dealt with things. Hopefully for the sake of the future welfare of the 100's of Scottish victims your organisation can deliver Penn State Parity for Scottish victims of child sexual abuse within Scottish football.

This scandal requires your immediate attention and action as a priority and without delay, there are over 20 legal writs Imminently about to be served upon Celtic F.C., also they are to be exposed in a 3 hour series of documentaries which will be screened worldwide, early next year.

Don't miss your chance to tackle this scandal before being exposed as yet another organisation who Knew and did Nothing. Please find a link to a Scottish daily tabloid who had this story on the Front page on Monday 28th October 2019 , which highlights that the abuse was prevalent in the late 1960's, with Celtic F.C. officials and Manager involved with Celtic boys club, transporting players to games and watching them perform.

Yours sincerely

Keith McLeod
Gordon Woods has bravely told how Jim Torbett attempted to rape him and then carried out a sex act.

R.K.
Boom, well in RK

Dear Fatma,

Yours sincerely

Keith McLeod

R.K.
I think you’ll all agree on another outstanding email from RK.

This is a tiny bit old hat but in the current Private Eye (p37) there is an article about Operation Midland.
The person investigating the police actions is Tom Winsor who was responsible for the change in police instructions that caused the police to give credence to the allegations of Carl Beech, Relevant to the "abuse" that occurred at Ibrox & the deflection attempts by certain MSM is the following paragraph.

In that document, after telling police to "institutionalise" the presumption of belief when recording crimes, he ordered that "practises such as investigate-to-record (where the recording of a crime is delayed until after an initial investigation of the complaint) are discontinued. By dropping the practice of investigating complaints before recording them as crimes Winsor fundamentally changed police practice.

Email to Yousless & Nikkla

To:Humza.youssaf.msp@parliament.scot
Cc:nicola.sturgeon.msp@parliament.scot

1 Nov at 12:15

Dear Humza,

I write to you in your capacity as Justice Secretary for the Scottish Government. I would suggest to date that you have, as a dereliction of duty, failed ironically to provide any Justice for the 100's of poor victims of historic Child Sex Abuse within Scottish football as a whole , suffered over a duration of an astounding 5 decade period.

I contact you today as I note that you commented yesterday 31/10/2019, to the media , regarding the F.I.F.A. disciplinary code and its three point protocol, reference, Racism, Sectarianism & Discrimination all relevant and important issues that need tackled. Humza, do you not agree that it is discriminatory to ignore these poor victims who have been physically and psychologically abused by disgusting predators over these past 5 decades?

It would appear to me Humza, that you are selective in the subjects that you wish to highlight, debate and be seen to tackle. Yes Humza , Racism, Sectarianism & Discrimination as already mentioned, are important issues that should be stamped out , But in my opinion Child Sex Abuse is worse than the 3 of them put together and it should be paramount, in any normal, morally, ethical right minded person to put a stop to it.

It is a scourge on our society affecting not only sporting organisations but also religious organisations, oddly enough the two that your party were keen to omit from investigation. Why was that the case Humza? who or what is being afforded protection, from investigation? to the suspicious eye it looks as though that is the case. If not will you call for a motion for a fully Independent Public Inquiry into historical Child Sex Abuse within Scottish Football?

I won't take up any more of your valuable time Humza, as I guess you have more pressing matters to concern yourself with. I very much doubt that you will afford me the decency of a reply to "Justify" your parties silence, but I hope that I am wrong and that you surprise me and prove me wrong, changing my impression of you as a person delivering Justice.

I will copy Nicola in on this subject as further down the line, I think it would be invaluable to show the Scottish Electorate what a caring party the S.N.P. are/were.

Yours sincerely

R.K.

I’m seriously interested how their new kit deal turns out, every major brand has been emailed so knows what they’re getting into bed with... I’m not sure any of them will care unfortunately
You may be right when you say they may not care reference the sponsors. What we are doing is giving them facts and we will continue to do so.
Obviously it’s there choice if they choose to ignore this, but it will not stop us from informing every organisation that chooses to associate themselves with that rancid club.

You may be right when you say they may not care reference the sponsors. What we are doing is giving them facts and we will continue to do so.
Obviously it’s there choice if they choose to ignore this, but it will not stop us from informing every organisation that chooses to associate themselves with that rancid club.

Yeah fully agree, I know Mr Green was emailed and they ended their sponsorship early... Hopefully was a company with half decent morals

Yeah fully agree, I know Mr Green was emailed and they ended their sponsorship early... Hopefully was a company with half decent morals
Original reply from Mr green...,

2 Jul, 17:14 CEST
Dear ......

I hope this email finds you well and I apologise for the delay in my reply.

This email is to inform you that after two seasons working together with Celtic FC, our partnership has now come to an end and we are no longer contracted with the club.

I hope you will keep enjoying the Mr Green site and should you need any help in future please do get in touch and our friendly customer service team will be more than happy to assist. We offer 24/7 live support for all of our players so we are always here for you!

Kind regards and good day,

Pernille

If I remember right, the response I received they quoted that the deal was coming to an end anyway. Very convenient.

I think it was three months early in the reply I received from them.

It may have been fairly easy for them to 'ride the storm of disgust' and see out their contract, but they chose to end it early. I wish some of the others would do likewise. We are getting through to some of them.

SCOTLAND: As Scotland’s political elite struggle to contain the details behind what is believed to be a decades-long institutional cover-up, the families of child sexual abuse victims say their efforts in calling for the truth to be heard have been hampered by one-eyed football fans who see their plight as just yet another extension of the never-ending Old Firm derby between Celtic FC and their bitter rivals, Glasgow Rangers. Gary Johnston reports.

They say that football, and by that I mean the round ball, so-called ‘world game’ is a religion in my home country of Scotland.

But they’re wrong. If recent events are anything to go by, it’s not a religion.

It’s a cult.

To recap: in January this year, True Crime News Weekly published an article about the arrests and subsequent convictions of a number of coaches from the Celtic Boy’s Club, an offshoot of the Scottish football champions Celtic FC, on sex abuse crimes.

Amongst others, the article focused on two men – James Torbett and Frank Cairney.

Long time officials of the Boy’s Club, both have been recently found guilty by Scottish courts of the historical, sustained and depraved sexual degradation of young boys, some as young as five years old, dating back over three decades.

Given that we are an Australia-based news outlet, we felt that, as horrific and dissolute as the matter undoubtedly was, local interest would probably be confined to the fact that Celtic, a highly successful football team with a massive support world-wide, are currently fielding two prominent Socceroos, Tom Rogic and Daniel Arzani.

However, it seems we were mistaken, as the story has had an international impact attracting views and comments from overseas, and in particular Scotland itself. In addition, we have been contacted by relatives of Torbett and Cairney’s victims whose lives have been blighted by their appalling experiences with at least one, tragically, being no longer alive.

Inexplicably, the overwhelming thrust of the numerous comments on our original story and on our Twitter feed are not, as you’d expect, sympathy for the victims and unqualified support for the comprehensive enquiry into the matter that the victims and their families are calling for.

Instead, we’ve received a barrage of divisive comments from Celtic ‘fans’ seeking to protect the ‘integrity’ of the club, whilst at the same time blaming the promotion of the issue on supporters of their bitter rivals, Rangers FC.

Convicted paedophile and Celtic Boy’s Club founder, James Torbett (Image: BBC)

“A wolf in sheep’s clothing”: Former Celtic Boy’s Club coach Frank Cairney was jailed earlier this year for sexually abusing child footballers (Image: BBC)

It takes a profoundly callous mindset to castigate abused victims and their families for being “infected by Rangers fans’ vendetta against Celtic” but sadly, this appears to be the level of vindictive verbiage purported by at least one popular fan’s forum brought to our attention. [EDITOR’S NOTE: Normally, we would include a link to the site in question but we have deliberately chosen not to do so in this case as, not only do we not want to give the writer of the squalid piece the oxygen of publicity, we are not at all sure we’d be prepared to grant him the oxygen of oxygen]

Andrew Gray, one of the victims of Torbett’s abuse, died in 2017 in Australia. But mercifully, his evidence was able to be delivered in absentia at the subsequent trial, a source of some solace to his grieving mother Helene and sister Michelle, after the guilty verdict was summarily handed down.

RELATED: FOOTBALL CLUB HOME TO SOCCEROOS STARS UNMASKED AS HAVEN FOR CHILD SEX OFFENDERS! Celtic left reeling as decades long cover-up finally revealed

Having spoken to the courageous Michelle Gray, I can vouch for the continuing anguish suffered by the family, who, despite ongoing, prolonged intimidation including, inexplicably by any standards of moral behaviour, death threats, refuse to be cowed in their unremitting quest for answers and a wholesale enquiry.

“Celtic claim to have launched an internal enquiry into the abuse more than two years ago,” Michelle told me, “but we’re in almost daily contact with most of the boys – now men – who were victims, and none of them has heard a thing,” she said.

“We feel the club are hoping the issue will just go away but believe me, the families and the many thousands of people supporting us, do not intend to let that to happen. There has to be a comprehensive, public enquiry. Only then will we hear the whole truth.”

So far, Celtic FC, aided and abetted by some sections of the Scottish media and, it would seem, the judiciary, have resisted any calls to release details of their apparent enquiry.

In fact, the club have gone so far as recently engaging the services of a Hollicom, a shady public relations company, in a blatant and stomach-churning attempt to spin good news stories about the club, past and present.

Bizarrely, for an organisation who describe themselves as ‘a strategic communication agency’, the Twitter feed for Hollicom will only accept followers after a period of review. And any subsequent attempt to ask them to comment on the abuse issue will result in the follower being blocked, a ‘privilege’ which has been extended to many people, including the Gray family and indeed, this writer.

Communication for Hollicom, it would seem, only operates in one direction.

All this, the blinkered, unilateral support from some fans, the secretive nature of the club’s spokespeople and the persistent silence emanating from Celtic HQ on the abuse issue, begs the question: what do they have to hide?

Michelle Gray with her now-deceased brother, Celtic child sexual abuse victim, Andrew Gray (Image: Daily Record)

For some years, a strong suspicion has emerged regarding the nature and scope of the level of sexual abuse prevalent from the 1960’s and beyond. In particular, there now appears to be some evidence that abusers were not simply confined to coaches at Celtic Boy’s Club but included other influential and powerful members of Scottish society, including, it is alleged, some from the political sphere and even the legal fraternity itself.

At the very least, it now seems manifest that the assertions must at all costs be thoroughly investigated, since stories such as these, in addition to being highly troubling, surely hinder the open and democratic processes in a country which, in the light of Brexit and continued calls for an second independence referendum, is leaking public credibility on a daily basis.

In the interests of balance, it must be said that not all Celtic supporters have circled the wagons, shooting their arrows of hate indiscriminately at anyone daring to criticise or even question club’s role in the abuses.

For the record, I’m a Celtic fan myself, albeit these days from a distance, but nevertheless there is a significant core of hardline acolytes who would seemingly seek to continue their age-old rivalry with the blue half of the Old Firm – Rangers FC – without regard for the distress and heartache of victims and their advocates, innocent sufferers who merely seek answers.

RELATED: THE AUSSIE CONNECTION! With lid lifted off Celtic, Scotland’s sexual abuse scandal spreads far & wide

How to describe those who continue to pour invective on the call for a public enquiry – staunch, faithful supporters or disciples of a small-minded, self deluded and intractable cult?

This isn’t about football. This is a serious matter of alleged crime – a crime which has destroyed lives and one in which there may well be perpetrators at large who are yet to face the consequences of their heinous actions.

Many men, now in their middle years continue to be traumatised by the years of sexual abuse they endured and surely they, as well as the loving family of the sadly deceased Andrew Gray, deserve at the very least to be accorded some measure of understanding and potential closure.

If Celtic FC and the Scottish establishment truly want to play ball, the institution of and co-operation with a comprehensive and wide-reaching public enquiry is surely the correct and proper way to kick it off.

With determined people like the Grays involved, it can only be hoped that justice in its purest form – fair, impartial decency and probity – will eventually prevail.

Inexplicably, the overwhelming thrust of the numerous comments on our original story and on our Twitter feed are not, as you’d expect, sympathy for the victims and unqualified support for the comprehensive enquiry into the matter that the victims and their families are calling for.

Instead, we’ve received a barrage of divisive comments from Celtic ‘fans’ seeking to protect the ‘integrity’ of the club, whilst at the same time blaming the promotion of the issue on supporters of their bitter rivals, Rangers FC.

It's not ' inexplicable ' to any right-minded individual that understands fully that there are no lengths to which this club and their fans won't stoop to avoid owning responsibility for the heinous child abuse and disgraceful cover up that continues to this day.

What is inexplicable is the lack of any punitive action from both the legal and footballing authorities against a club up to their necks in the biggest child sex abuse scandal ever to rock the sporting world.

Last edited:
Sorry for the link to the Sun

There's the SNPs plan to free Celtic from compensation then...

Hold on a fùcking minute!
Am I reading this right?

The snp will pay compensation for sellicks victims as long as they stay quiet?

Many things that the SNP government has done over the years have reeked of cynicism and corruption. But this latest plan hits a new low.

From reading that article (it is the Sun, remember), the government will set the level of compensation, then leave it up to the victim to roll the dice to see if a civil action will be better for them.

Absolutely disgusting.

There will be no hope for the country if this mob hold on to seats in Westminster next month, and Holyrood in 2021.

If ever there was a reason amongst a mountain of others surely the fact that they are even considering such an outrageous scheme should make everyone vote this scum out

Just when you thought the SNP couldn’t get any more sleekit or devious regarding the scandal of CSA in Scottish football they come up with this plan

Phucking disgusting bastards want the tax payer to compensate the victims and Nonce FC are sitting with potentially over 100 victims !!

Makes me sick but now we know why Krankie and Useless have ignored the issue as well as ignoring the victims and their families

They are horrible bastards

How any Rangers fan can vote for the bastards is unreal

They are a disgrace

Back