Reckless Speculation - Alan Pardew is on a flight to Glasgow (allegedly)

qx6UyvG.gif

But really....probably not what we need.

He had bought a gaff in Kilmacolm according to someone on here last week.:D

He isn't going to be our next manager, I will eat my own dick if he is.

The guy had since said it was someone who looked like him with a Scottish accent.

Delete this thread before it gets out of control lol

right AWK, give us your pick for gaffer?

I personally wanted Preud'Homme.

I can see the merits of McInnes and I think he would do a “solid” job so long as expectations are reigned in. He would over the next few years make us a sturdy outfit that would collect enough points to secure second spot.

In reality that’s probably as good as it can get for the next few years.

However surely even Derek’s biggest admirers must accept that for the financial outlay that it would take to bring McInnes and his staff to the club, along with removing existing staff, it would be a truly significant amount of money for a guy who in the grand scheme of things isn’t worth that amount of money.

I personally wanted Preud'Homme.

I can see the merits of McInnes and I think he would do a “solid” job so long as expectations are reigned in. He would over the next few years make us a sturdy outfit that would collect enough points to secure second spot.

In reality that’s probably as good as it can get for the next few years.

However surely even Derek’s biggest admirers must accept that for the financial outlay that it would take to bring McInnes and his staff to the club, along with removing existing staff, it would be a truly significant amount of money for a guy who in the grand scheme of things isn’t worth that amount of money.

The fans are at tipping point now.
The board are damned if they do or do not.

The call for a 'big name' simply due to how long they have taken is growing as well.

The fans are at tipping point now.
The board are damned if they do or do not.

The call for a 'big name' simply due to how long they have taken is growing as well.
If your the man stumping up the cold hard cash and you see in exchange for that your getting Derek McInnes, your going to dither and piss/fart about aren't you? It would be natural.

Because you know you can get better value for money elsewhere.

You would guess that the board will still want to play "safe" and will go British or at least with a manager familiar with Scottish Football and Rangers, so that definitely shortens the list of potential targets.

I think if he is to be Rangers manager he will probably have to accept he can't bring his army of staff down from Aberdeen with him for a start.

Naebody mention peter houston yet ?, for the joab I mean. Naw no me.

It'll come, mark my words

Pardew is going to WBA thankfully, and we will be running out of managers to speculate upon soon.

This would be a horrendous appointment. I do not want him anywhere near Ibrox. Not got the maturity to handle the pressure and expectations of the role, nor the Scottish press.

Back