Votes: 19 2.6%
  • Morelos

Votes: 402 54.5%
  • Aribo

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Defoe

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
Porto showing the quality they have tonight that wasn't on show a couple of weeks ago, glad we got in at half time 0-0.

Barker is a frustrating player to watch, little glimpses that he is capable of some good football but he just doesn't seem to have much of a footballing brain with some of his decision making.

Only decent attacks are coming down our right , final ball lacking but it is Porto not Hamilton so perhaps they are better at defending :))
We do seem to be rushing when we get any decent positions perhaps anArfield will make an appearance second half.

Quite happy to come out of that 45 at 0-0 tbh.

We’re outnumbered in midfield here.

And we need to play to feet in the box, that lot are swallowing anything high.

Cuuuummmmmmoooonnnnnnn Rangers.

Porto have outplayed us for large parts but we can do the same to them in the second half. At least we’re not behind and they haven’t created many chances. Kent should have done a lot better with his ball across to Morelos - he should have had a tap in. A lovely ball by Tav at the end which Barker should have done much better with. It’s not all bad.

Some of our passing has been pathetic. We need to show more composure and get the ball moving quickly when they’re applying their high press.

Not pretty but this thread has been mental. You'd think they were giving us a pasting. First 10 mins were hairy. SInce then they've had more of the ball but we're the only team who've come close to threatening but we've ruined some decent breaks with poor crosses.

They've had one attempt at goal to our three poor ones. 0-0 is fair enough just now but the longer it's gone the further it's turning in our favour

Barker has gone past a defender a couple of times which Kent hasn't. A shoddy all round performance with no crisp passing which we are capable of and dreadful delivery.
Kamara and Jack doing better than most IMO

Disjointed performance so far nobody is on their game, midfield non existent morelos on scraps, barker just looks a poor player, Porto with most of the pressing, happy to be 0-0.

Disappointed in that first half, the crowd were really flat too which is surprising, we are playing Porto at home in front of a full house, the place should be rocking.

Thankfully it’s nil nil and all to play for.

A bit better at the end of the half there. They've been the better side so far but haven't made it count. Optimistic we can up our game in the second half and sneak a win.

We have been poor but their a top quality side.all to play for cmon Rangers

0-0 at half time.
I will take that.
They are certainly a better team tonight than in Portugal.
However, we need to step up a gear, when we get in and around them their game begins to come apart.
Get a goal Rangers and this game will fall into our laps.

Delighted to go in 0-0 given how poor we were that half.Showed more promise towards the end there.Barker off for Ojo/Aribo,not that he’s the only one that was below par.I expect after Stevie’s half time talk we’ll come out better this half,the tie is still there for the taking! Freddo to grab the winner WATP.

Awful performance. Last few minutes was a glimmer of hope, although so wasteful. Second to everything, every second pass misplaced and depressing delivery. Porto are superb.

Hope they ram it down my throat second half. Mon the famous!

Game's passing Barker by. I'd bring Arfield on now, then Aribo / Ojo once Kent tires.
Shaky start but we held our own the last 15-20 against a strong side. Some perspective is needed.
Wee tweak in the formation from Stevie and I'm going for 1-0 Rangers, Alfie to score :))

Difficult to sum that first half up, tbh. This is a very different Porto side from the first game and have dominated and controlled so far. We lack a bit of belief at the moment and need that spark to get us up and running second half.

My question for Bears at half time....who are we now?

What have we become? We've gone through what we have in the last 7 years.....and yet our expectations are as high as I can ever remember.

This pains me, but....I watched the mentally challengeds v Lazio a few weeks back after we played Porto away. The mentally challengeds backed their team throughout. They supported them. They went 1-0 down and played their part in them coming back to win.

Maybe its just forum culture. Maybe their forums are the same. But we're utterly poisonous when things don't go our way. I read you people and you treat 0-0 v Porto like 0-0 v Progres Niedercorn.

What the %^*& is wrong with you?
Brilliant post.

We've shown if you can get pressure on them in the final 3rd you'll get chances. However we were howling in that half. They out manoeuvred us tactically and we have shown poor quality throughout.

0-0 half time against Porto?
Are we cool with this?

They came out hammer and tongs like any champions league regular team would do.

Weve dealt with it,lets tweek some things Steve G and put them to sleep..

Referee, Tav and Barker my main culprits from a poor first half.
I’d have Arfield on for Barker
We wont face the fact that several of our players are not in the same league as this team Barker Tavernier and a few others will never really improve us in europe, they are just quite decent players but never top class, still if we bring a midfielderon in the second half at least the fight in our team might get us through.

In Europe you need to keep the ball and we did not do that for 35 minutes.

Barker struggles because of his slight nature and composure I think, but he can turn a man.

I’d have Aribo on for him ASAP.

Game's passing Barker by. I'd bring Arfield on now, then Aribo / Ojo once Kent tires.
Shaky start but we held our own the last 15-20 against a strong side. Some perspective is needed.
Wee tweak in the formation from Stevie and I'm going for 1-0 Rangers, Alfie to score :))
I will take that.

We are still in this after a poor first half so all to play for. Barker is not producing anything of note so Arfield or Ojo would make sense.

Porto looking every bit the top quality team they are.

Maybe the majority of FF who had decided they are shite and should be easily brushed aside will come to their senses.

Back