Votes: 19 2.6%
  • Morelos

Votes: 402 54.5%
  • Aribo

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Defoe

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
Some forget where we have been and this is Porto ffs. Too many panty wetters.
Let’s go 2nd half!
Oh and only 1 goal across 11 europa 1st half games.
Absofuckinlutely. I'd take a punt and guess that the current market value of the Porto team is 3 or 4 times greater than ours. Which suggests that they should be 3 or 4 times better than us - but they're not. We're holding our own with a very good team. We can win this in the second half. Come on the Teddy Bears!

0-0 half time.

No playing great. But not really looking like losing either. I just don't buy this "Rangers have lived dangerously at times" that MacLean has came out with twice.

They are a decent team.

This could go any way.

Could understand why the gaffer started Barker in the away game.

Not tonight, we need more quality in the final 3rd to finish chances like the one at HT.

Dare I say it Ojo would have done better with that.

feels like Porto have turned into Kilmarnock or St Mirren here :D

been obviously mentioned but they were in the Champions League QFs last year, if we can get a win here, it will be a superb result but even a draw would be a good result

it's not as if they are going to bend over and give us the win like a certain Italian side who obviously don't want to be in the competition

It was a dire 45 minutes but remarkably we’re still in the game. We need to see a big improvement if we’re to get anything from this match. The optimist in me says we will win this match.

It’s great to be in at HT 0-0. I think people’s frustrations are coming from how well we know we can play and that we’re nowhere near our level. Let’s do this Gers!

Passing shocking, no high press and the balls like a bar of soap to most of our players,
Need to up our game second half.

In Europe you need to keep the ball and we did not do that for 35 minutes.

Barker struggles because of his slight nature and composure I think, but he can turn a man.

I’d have Aribo on for him ASAP.

Goldson summed up our half when the ball came to him, plenty of time to pick a pass and he just hoofed it up the park straight to their man.

Referee, Tav and Barker my main culprits from a poor first half.
I’d have Arfield on for Barker
I really hope not, Arfield on this seasons form is the worst of a bad bunch for that position. Barker hasn't been at the races though so does deserve to come off. Maybe Ojo if he can show the work rate.

Need to up our game in the second half and we’re still in with an excellent chance. No dispute that Porto are a good team but they’re certainly not unbeatable. We need a bit more composure in and around their penalty area.

It was a dire 45 minutes but remarkably we’re still in the game. We need to see a big improvement if we’re to get anything from this match. The optimist in me says we will win this match.
We've had 3 decent chances and we've been somewhat toothless all over the pitch, if we improve we can definitely win.

Porto are quality in possession but we can get in behind them

Davis, Jack, Kent and Barker have been poor on the ball which is why we have not had any chances, our wide players have been poor.
Davis was coming on to his game though and Kamara was doing well.
I would bring on Arfield and Aribo and even consider Defoe also.
Final pass has to improve.

It’s clearly not working, there’s no way we can come out unchanged for 2nd half

I don’t share the negativity that’s apparent on here.
We haven’t played well and are very much still in this at half time.
Porto are a top European team, we’ve come a long way.

This Porto team is technically above us.
We could have got closer to their goal
but for a couple of slack passes, but apart
from that, I think this is a great game.

We seem to start games very slowly then get a kick up the arse at half time, a little too often for my liking.

Some forget where we have been and this is Porto ffs. Too many panty wetters.
Let’s go 2nd half!
Oh and only 1 goal across 11 europa 1st half games.
I'm not unhappy so far but the
"Some forget where we have been" patter is getting right on my tits now. How long do we use that when fans complain about performances?

Tav can't win - defensively he has been sound this first half, but as an attacker he has been poor, therefore he has been shit. Yet he gets called shit for being poor defensively, whilst still making chances and creating assists.

Make your minds up.
Needs to be honest with himself and us and cut out the ego shite and step away from free kicks and pens. That's my biggest problem with him now, he needs to concentrate on basics and get back to being steady.

Let’s not forget we are up against a class outfit here who’ve spent £80 million in the last two seasons and made the last 8 of the champions league .

We need to keep perspective here lads .
Exactly - think people forget who we are up against. A top quality team

That was a very good first half from us. If some of us underestimated Porto, we got a quick reminder how good a side they are. Howeever, we weathered the the storm, and more than held our own at times.

This tie is still up for grabs! C'mon the Rangers!!!
Don’t doubt we can win this. Got to get in and about them. Mon the Teds

Worked our way into the game, rode our luck but also had a 3 on 1, and a few good half chances from range.

Barasic, Jack, davis, McGregor playing well

Tav, poor defending, poor delivery, lost his man. But you never know with him, could give us a moment of magic
Barker, just my good enough If you ask me

Back