Votes: 19 2.6%
  • Morelos

Votes: 402 54.5%
  • Aribo

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Defoe

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
Excellent result against a very good team.
Alfie’s goal was just tremendous, so accurate, and to get the second so quickly afterwards put the icing on the cake. Everyone going home ecstatic; what a night!

Even getting indirect complements from Pacific Quay. 'A great night for Scottish Football'.

Would have been even better if Lazio turned up.

For me that is the most important win of the group stages.

Without being at our free flowing best we have battled for every ball and a bit of quality from our main man makes all the difference. Even then we never settled at that and the second goal killed them.

Fantastic result, thought after first half that we might be in a spot oof bother but we turned up in the second half and are looking very good for qualifying and possibly winning the group.

This squad is building some momentum. Each and every one of them growing a little more each week.
We are taking teams apart when it dictates, digging in and finding a result against stuffy opposition and getting the wins when off the boil.
They are finding ways to win when we can't impose our style and this has me buzzing, signs of big things to come.

Great result against a very good team.
Some of you on here need to have a good look at yourselves, the amount of greeting, moaning and panty wetting before we scored was frankly embarrassing.

Strange how the people slagging our players constantly disappear when we are winning. Fucking yes Rangers. 3 points secured, Alfie and Helander didn't get booked so no suspension and Feyenoord and YB draw.

Huddle away you Portuguese tiags.

Those Portuguese poets gave me a fantastic night.

Obrigada Jose.

Your success was our joy.

GN970.png

Admin, would it be ok if I start a thread highlighting everything the naysayers said at half time?

What a night this is for Rangers FC. What a result.

Honestly, bears, I'd enjoy it more if I hadnt logged on before at half time.

Many of you are absolute cunts and I'll say it now. 0-0 at half time v the CL quarter finalissts.

And youre full of your shit negative pishl.

Brilliant second half. Brilliant Morelos. Brilliant crowd and atmosphere. Brilliant result. Just brilliant !

Here's the BBC summary of our game (I went on there to see the table)
Summary
  1. Morelos slashes in clever effort from edge of area
  2. Davis' deflected strike four minutes later doubles lead
  3. Rangers twice clear Porto efforts off line
  4. Both Rangers & Porto on four points in Group G, two behind leaders Young Boys
  5. Celtic qualify for last 32 after beating Lazio
  6. Stoppage-time Ntcham goal earns stunning win
Morelos "Slashes" "effort"
Davis "deflected"
Mention clearing off line
Mention Celtic
Celtic "stunning win"

We have played a lot better and drew/lost in the past but we kept our shape extremely well despite our passing and moves breaking down pretty much all of the first half.

I thought Goldson was a mountain at the back, midfield 3 grew in to it as the game, Kent showing glimpses of magic and Buff doing Buff things.

Splendid result and puts us in a strong position to qualify.

thats right up there with some of our clubs great european results, to come from where we were only 4 or 5 years ago to be comfortably seeing off a team like porto with a champions league pedigree is somewhat remarkable,our board,our management team ,our players and our fans deserve to soak this all in and enjoy it,we are heading to a very good place, god bless the rangers

That was, quite simply, one of the most enjoyable wins I've ever seen.

We were battered in the first half (though they had no clear cut chances). To joy only come through that, but to then score an exquisite goal, followed by a quick second was amazing.

After Alfie's wee happy face, who is your next favourite one to see? Mine is Gary McAllister. As much as I love Stevie G, Gary's entire baldy heid smiles when he does.

Maybe it's just a bald solidarity thing

Not the best of performances especially first half.. but excellent results!!

What a strike from Alfredo!!

Made me laugh m8. Remember driving up from England with some m8s for the AEK Athens 2nd leg and saying the same.

got into Ibrox to find the mad Greek ultras stripped to the waist and then their team pumped us.
What was that mate??
Get fu(kin in there!!

Awful performance. Last few minutes was a glimmer of hope, although so wasteful. Second to everything, every second pass misplaced and depressing delivery. Porto are superb.

Hope they ram it down my throat second half. Mon the famous!

Absolutely rammed it! Ridiculous difference in the halfs. Couldn't cheer when the second goes in - lump in the throat. Can't remember the last time I was like that.

Let's not forget each win is more money in the pot, about half a million for a win
Not sure if right upto date

matches190.000,00 €
190.000,00 €
570.000,00 €
participation240.000,00 €
260.000,00 €
280.000,00 €
2.920.000,00 €
coefficient_in_group_stage857.160,00 €
total5.507.160,00 €

Here's the BBC summary of our game (I went on there to see the table)
Summary
  1. Morelos slashes in clever effort from edge of area
  2. Davis' deflected strike four minutes later doubles lead
  3. Rangers twice clear Porto efforts off line
  4. Both Rangers & Porto on four points in Group G, two behind leaders Young Boys
  5. Celtic qualify for last 32 after beating Lazio
  6. Stoppage-time Ntcham goal earns stunning win
Morelos "Slashes" "effort"
Davis "deflected"
Mention clearing off line
Mention Celtic
Celtic "stunning win"
They don't even try to hide it, ban these cunts all out and nobody pay damn TV licence.

Back