Moved into top sixteen in co-efficient

Our predicted position for next season is 14th as things stand. It is almost certain that we will now finish at least 15th, and possibly higher if we can qualify from this group.

We even have an outside shot of moving into an automatic group stage slot if both us and the poets progress to the latter stages of this competition.

We can obviously win the league. But tonights results have pretty much guaranteed us Champions League football next season regardless.

Massive.

The two CL places for Scotland - should they be achieved this season - don't kick in until the season after next, 2021/22.

wanting the mhanky mhob to lose every game is strange I mean really look at your strange post, I take it you celebrated that mhob winning tonight for the sake of that mhob getting a second champions league spot, hmmmm very strange

Are you unable to read?

I asked a question about the effects of results on co-effieicents this season. A hypothetical question to see if it was possible. Who celebrated their result tonight?

You are strange for coming into a thread about the exact subject you 'dnt give a toss about'.

Get to your bed, your coming across as a rambling lunatic on this tbh

The jaw dropping stat is that we're the 5th nation in co-efficient points gained this season. Some massive footballing nations below us and even more staggering is that these bigger nations get bonus points unlike us

How many seasons did we have 2 teams qualifying: I'm guessing 4 or 5 between 2006-10?

Are you unable to read?

I asked a question about the effects of results on co-effieicents this season. A hypothetical question to see if it was possible. Who celebrated their result tonight?

You are strange for coming into a thread about the exact subject you 'dnt give a toss about'.

Get to your bed, your coming across as a rambling lunatic on this tbh
rambling lunatic seriously what a tit of a comment to make :))and no doubt more will pour from your rambling mumblings the only strange thing I read is your so called comments and to be honest have a 10year old grandson whose more articulate, so why don't you go to bed. night night

rambling lunatic seriously what a tit of a comment to make :))and no doubt more will pour from your rambling mumblings the only strange thing I read is your so called comments and to be honest have a 10year old grandson whose more articulate, so why don't you go to bed. night night

Read that back in morning mate. Wow! (Your grandson might point out why we use capital letters at start of sentences btw)

Try chill out for a hour, we won tonight!

im not getting banned by making my views any further but really the mhnky mhob sympathisers are in force tonight if you want them to win for any reason im out :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Some people can see the bigger picture.

I'd rather they get pumped every game but when they win in Europe there is a silver lining for us. The important thing is its in the europa league and not the CL where the money is lower and they can't access a massive financial advantage over us

Would be typical that the scum get a CL place when we win the league

Backdoor entry bastards
Whoever finishes second this year will play in the Europa League next season. The coefficient kicks in the following season. People are missing this point.

It would be absolutely fantastic for Scottish football if us and the scum could make it into the guts of the knockout rounds. I will never actively want Celtic to win, but since they're already qualified I won't be too disappointed if they can pick up results in their remaining two games.

Think it's best if you hit the hay big man

Interesting to note that the co-efficient would have been worse if the mentally challengeds had made it through to the CL group stages and do their usual routine of being the punch bags this season and last.

Points will be a lot harder to come across in the CL and our points will be divided by 5 when we get another team into Europe.

The amount of coefficient points racked up the last couple of seasons shows how big of an embarrassment the other Scottish teams are.
McInnes especially should be getting called out at every opportunity by the media. fraud of a manager

For those saying if we win the league this would just benefit Celtic, let's not forget if we could make it to 14th in the coefficient, then when we won the league we'd enter the champions league at the 3rd qualifying round.

Also worth noting 14 is achievable. The Czech republic ( who are 13th) Denmark and Cyprus are all within 2 coefficient points of Scotland and each have 1 team left in Europe.
-The Czechs have Slavia Prague who are unlikely to pick up any points with just Dortmund and Inter to play.
-Cyprus have APOEL who may still qualify for the Europa knockouts, but need to play Sevilla so it's looking unlikely.
- Denmark have Copenhagen, who will likely go through and still pick up points.

Based on this if Celtic win at home vs Rennes (which like it or not is probably expected) and we were to beat Young boys at home, then there's a huge chance to take that 14th Coefficient spot.

Our predicted position for next season is 14th as things stand. It is almost certain that we will now finish at least 15th, and possibly higher if we can qualify from this group.

We even have an outside shot of moving into an automatic group stage slot if both us and the poets progress to the latter stages of this competition.

We can obviously win the league. But tonights results have pretty much guaranteed us Champions League football next season regardless.

Massive.
It’s not next season it’s the season after we would get 2 places

This is some feat by both us and the scum.

Having 2 places in the CL for scotland would be good and attract better players.

Maybe the SPl isnt as poor as made out.
Rangers and Celtic are both very decent sides, the rest not so much

I was just looking at this, 6.750 points last year, this year we're (Scotland) on 7.50 with a minimum of 6 games still to go, should overtake Cyprus to go 15th & depending on results might actually push higher up

Seems 15th is the major cut-off, 2 CL, 1 EL, 2 In the new diddy cup
16th or below is 1 CL 0 EL, 3 diddy cup
That is actually a fu*king disgrace btw, they are effectively just closing the europa league competition off entirely. Not content with making the champions league impossible to get to, those same handful get the EL to themselves as well.

What position would we need to be in to start in the Champions League Group Stages after winning the league?

The top 10 leagues get direct entrants to the group stage. Unfortunately that's way off for now.

10th place country is Ukraine on 33.100. We'd need to make up 8 coefficient points whilst other countries made nothing. Only way that would happen this season is if we went on to win the Europa league!

Mind blowing,int it.:oops:
I'm sure a few of us remember Scotland beating Cyprus 8-0. So they've either made great progress or we've got shitter. I'm going for the latter. These cants at the SFA have been lining their pockets with money which should have been used to boost our game for years.

I'm sure a few of us remember Scotland beating Cyprus 8-0. So they've either made great progress or we've got shitter. I'm going for the latter. These cants at the SFA have been lining their pockets with money which should have been used to boost our game for years.
Or they didn’t punish their the team that could actually make a difference?

What would two or three more seasons of this standard achieve? Anywhere near a automatic CL qualification?

Yes. This sudden jump is purely on the back of 2 good seasons. Scotland ranks 5th for this season at present, ahead of Italy and France believe it or not.

If we have 2 more seasons of this, then it's safe to say we'll have a guaranteed CL spot coming soon.

With that great win against Porto & the beggars getting 3pts , that moved us up to that crucial 16th place which could mean a vital 2nd spot in champions lge.
Steven Gerrard bringing back the good times
Yip,they cunts have %^*& all to do with it, it’s been all down to us.
You only have to look at the last 8 seasons they cunts have hade in Europe and they’ve been dreadful.

The top 10 leagues get direct entrants to the group stage. Unfortunately that's way off for now.

10th place country is Ukraine on 33.100. We'd need to make up 8 coefficient points whilst other countries made nothing. Only way that would happen this season is if we went on to win the Europa league!

It's not as hard as you think.

At the end of this season, Season 15/16 is removed from the coefficient total. Ukraine achieved 9.800. Scotland achieved 3.000. So from the start of next season we've already made up 6.800 points and are only 1.200 points from leapfrogging them.

What Scotland has on our side, is we were pish pre-Gerrard. Since the Stevie G era commenced, our coefficient has rocketed. Each year we see a poor year drop off which is replaced by something considerably stronger. No other league has had such a contrast.

With that great win against Porto & the beggars getting 3pts , that moved us up to that crucial 16th place which could mean a vital 2nd spot in champions lge.
Steven Gerrard bringing back the good times
If we get to 15th and 2 places does that mean if we win the league we straight in? And is it less round qualifiers for 2nd place?

Good news overall re the co-effocient, even if I say that through gritted teeth given the mentally challengeds surprise result in Rome.

However, the ultimate irony here would be if we do manage to hold on for the 2 CL spots and it kicks in just as we are regaining our dominance in the domestic game. Meaning that they would still have a crack at CL even by finishing second, an opportunity that was denied us and the diddy teams when they were lording it up.

I hate seeing the scum beat anyone , but if they do in Europe I can at least look at the bigger picture of it helps this improve , it is what it is. And what’s said above is right about the other Scottish teams in Europe WOEFUL, god Killie lost to a team from wales for god sake, even that half a point would made all the difference

For those saying if we win the league this would just benefit Celtic, let's not forget if we could make it to 14th in the coefficient, then when we won the league we'd enter the champions league at the 3rd qualifying round.

Also worth noting 14 is achievable. The Czech republic ( who are 13th) Denmark and Cyprus are all within 2 coefficient points of Scotland and each have 1 team left in Europe.
-The Czechs have Slavia Prague who are unlikely to pick up any points with just Dortmund and Inter to play.
-Cyprus have APOEL who may still qualify for the Europa knockouts, but need to play Sevilla so it's looking unlikely.
- Denmark have Copenhagen, who will likely go through and still pick up points.

Based on this if Celtic win at home vs Rennes (which like it or not is probably expected) and we were to beat Young boys at home, then there's a huge chance to take that 14th Coefficient spot.
Hypothetically if us and the mentally challengeds were to win our next two group games which is entirely possible where would that leave us in the coefficient?

Massive.
Season after next. Next season we're ranked 20th. The coefficients trail a year behind.

But an outrageously difficult qualifying path.

They’ll get knocked out every year by teams from countries that Roy of the Rovers’ team would visit for qualifiers in countries you’ve never heard of.

Herdexi Atlonaras (Jabrovia) 3-0 Aberdeen (Scotland)

Aberdeen and others could find their level in this 3rd comp and do their bit, finally, for the co efficient.
No, they'll still be playing the same teams that they now play in EL qualifying. Current EL teams just move down a rung.

The change is that the EL will now be another escape route for teams fucked out of the CL qualifiers without them having to risk playing against each other for the privilege

Reactions: Ter
We have also jumped from 206th in the overall club rankings to 120th as it stands.
Progress.
Could bein the top 50 within 2 years at this rate.

Would be good if Atalanta beat Dinamo Zagreb in their next game. Decent chance of Zagreb getting to the next stage of the Champions League and will get bonus points on top of their wins.

It's not as hard as you think.

At the end of this season, Season 15/16 is removed from the coefficient total. Ukraine achieved 9.800. Scotland achieved 3.000. So from the start of next season we've already made up 6.800 points and are only 1.200 points from leapfrogging them.

What Scotland has on our side, is we were pish pre-Gerrard. Since the Stevie G era commenced, our coefficient has rocketed. Each year we see a poor year drop off which is replaced by something considerably stronger. No other league has had such a contrast.

Apologies let me clarify, I meant this season. I thought it was a big ask to go on and take 10th this year.

I 100% believe within 2 maybe 3 years scotlsnd will be back to top 10 leagues in the coefficient.

Back