That was great against quality opponents

Professor Yaffle

Official Ticketer
McGregor hardly had a save to make despite Porto having a lot of the ball in the early stages.

The back 4 were excellent.

The midfield three were excellent.

Kent was great.

Morelos is a fucking machine and what a goal.

And the bouncy. Bouncy. Bouncy. Bouncy! :D

Enjoy

McGregor hardly had a save to make despite Porto having a lot of the ball in the early stages.

The back 4 were excellent.

The midfield three were excellent.

Kent was great.

Morelos is a fucking machine and what a goal.

And the bouncy. Bouncy. Bouncy. Bouncy! :D

Enjoy
Have to say I thought Kent was very disappointing

I actually don’t think we played that well tonight yet we still beat Porto 2-0.

That’s probably the most amazing part about tonight.

It was an amazing result but we can, and have, played much better.

this is it for me. We didn’t play very well and just beat Porto 2-0. I’m feeling pretty good just now.

It’s probably the worst we have played out of the 4 group games yet we achieved our best result so far.

We were never going to outplay them. They are a top side, and I’m pretty sure they were the highest ranked team in the competition when the draw was made.

Tonight is a fantastic result.

I fûcking love Rangers.

Porto looked wrll up for it yet we contained them and then hit them with sucker punch.

Simetimes winning that way is joyful.

It worked

The manager spoke last year about making Ibrox a fortress, where teams fear coming. Results like tonight seem to help underpin that.
Nobody will fancy playing is at home and that's a huge shift in the psychology of our games.

The manager spoke last year about making Ibrox a fortress, where teams fear coming. Results like tonight seem to help underpin that.
Nobody will fancy playing is at home and that's a huge shift in the psychology of our games.

nobody will fancy playing us away from home either.

When the pandemonium of the second goal died down, I could only watch in awe thinking how far we’ve come to be sitting comfortably beating Porto 2-0.

It was a journey tonight and the players deserve all the credit for digging in and getting a result against a team who were marshalling us very well in the first half.

After the first 5 minutes I feared a doing. They were switching play, running at us and causing us lots of bother and we couldn't string two passes together.

What a victory!

180mins against Top drawer European Opponents and a CL 1/4 Finalist last season and McGregor had 3 saves over both games. Says it all.

Absolutely Fantastic performance and too get it playing far from our best in the First Half.

Listen, they are nobody's mugs.
We struggled for 1st half hour or so but slowly clawed our way into the game.
They were beat when the goal went in.......not the same fluency in their play. They started rushing things.

We were awful in the first half. Maybe that's a reflection on how far we have progressed when I expect us to be more competitive than we were despite the opposition. But the second half proved my point. Even before we scored we looked much more comfortable and competitive. Looked a match for Porto and eventually overcame them.

Porto are a top European side and we managed to cuff them even when we weren't firing on all cylinders and that says it all.
If we can beat a team of that quality we're certainly capable of beating celtc!
That was a huge result for us tonight on so many levels!

I said this in another thread, but that is the best result for a Scottish team in Europe for years. They are top drawer. Way better than Lazio (and I'm not being a dick saying that), but there is no comparison. Quarters of the Champions league last year and really good players all over the park. We were outplayed first half, no doubt, but we deserved that overall. We 'bested' them over 2 legs - no mean feat.

Correct. We were bordering on piss up until the 70 minute mark.
Defence looked shaky.
Midfield chasing shadows and giving the ball away cheaply
Kent ran about a lot but produced next to nothing. He is not cut out to play in a central / fluid midfield role. He is a winger.

The differenice is we kept our discipline even when the crowd started getting tetchy, we defended well and closed them out. By the second half they had run their race and we delivered. Overall it was one of the most disciplined home performances I’ve seen against a very good opposition. We have again showed we can mix it with teams who could be considered CL quality. Different game onSunday and we need to be at it from the first whistle. WATP

The differenice is we kept our discipline even when the crowd started getting tetchy, we defended well and closed them out. By the second half they had run their race and we delivered. Overall it was one of the most disciplined home performances I’ve seen against a very good opposition. We have again showed we can mix it with teams who could be considered CL quality. Different game onSunday and we need to be at it from the first whistle. WATP

100% accurate.

Well said.

They are a very good side and we were never going to be easy. We took the best they could throw at us, grew in to it and took the chances that came our way.

Small margins at a high level can make all the differences.

We didnt panic and stayed focused and beat a very decent side which is no mean achievement.

Back