Rangers will sign Hladky in January if Fod leaves

uneasydaz

ST MIRREN keeper Vaclav Hladky’s hopes of signing for Rangers will depend on Wes Foderingham.

Gers will decide in the coming weeks if Foderingham is to get an extension when his current deal ends next summer.

The 28-year-old has played just six league games since Allan McGregor returned to Ibrox in 2018 and may look to move on.

If that’s the case, Gers will sign St Mirren keeper Hladky on a pre-contract in January

SunSport revealed Gers’ interest in the Czech on Tuesday.

While there is already interest from abroad, Hladky is settled in Scotland and would be happy to stay and compete with McGregor.

Saints have focused on Hladky’s homeland for transfer targets after technical director Gus MacPherson made a hush-hush trip there to watch five games last week.

From a fans perspective I’ve took the huff with Hladky after his comments about England. Fair enough he’s honest, but I don’t want players who don’t really want to be here.

On a separate note, Andy Firth has the best job in the world.
Did you take the huff with Morelos about wanting to play in England?

No, but he’s been producing for Rangers. This guy currently plays for St Mirren and is saying he’s not fussed about signing for us.

If he comes in and produces the goods on the park, of course I’d forgive him. The likelihood is, touch wood, that he’ll be on the subs bench anyway if McGregor stays fit.

Yes. But Morelos is a £30m+ striker, a Colombian international and has won us a lot of games with his goals. Therefore he is forgiven/its understandable he has ambitions.

On the other hand, who the %^*& is Hladky? A goalkeeper for St Mirren, giving it the billy bigbaws about effectively being too good for us. He can gtf.

Is Foderingham likely to sign an extension? I can‘t see him being happy to sit on the bench for another season.

A good replacement if we can get him. All about adding quality and if Fod is to leave we need a good back up. At his age he must be in with a shout of being McGregor’s successor.

This is a good move.

Hladky would be a great bridge between McGregor and McCrorie.

Gives us a year or two to get McCrorie out on loan to a Premiership side and see how he does in that environment.

From a fans perspective I’ve took the huff with Hladky after his comments about England. Fair enough he’s honest, but I don’t want players who don’t really want to be here.

The Birch is living the dream mate

Yes. But Morelos is a £30m+ striker, a Colombian international and has won us a lot of games with his goals. Therefore he is forgiven/its understandable he has ambitions.

On the other hand, who the %^*& is Hladky? A goalkeeper for St Mirren, giving it the billy bigbaws about effectively being too good for us. He can gtf.
Just for your information he is an excellent goalkeeper.

At 28, Fod isn't getting younger and if McGregor is our starting keeper next year, which is more than likely with his upcoming extension then it makes sense for him to move him, unfortunately.

It's a gamble to sign an extension, play 2nd fiddle again and then potentially being replaced by Robby McCrorie once he's served his loans a la McGregor or replaced by a better, younger keeper when he's then approaching 30.

I like Wes and have done for some time, a good keeper and a good professional back up but it would be a risky move staying with us if he has teams in the Championship after him for their No. 1.

Morelos is already in the door and performing.

This cvnts not even met the gaffer and he’s talking about his move after.

If you can’t differentiate these two situations then your life must be hella difficult.

Just for your information he is an excellent goalkeeper.

Is he? Based on what? 11 months with St Mirren? Prior to that he was back-up at a mid-table Czech team. And prior to that he was a back-up at a Czech first division team.

If he was an outfield player with that CV, and played well with St Mirren, then dismissed moving to Rangers or maybe using us as a stepping stone, you'd think that was fine? That's the level of respect you have for your club is it? Sound.

If Foderingham can agree an extension then it's a no brainier
I think the club will give him the option of an extension or to go somewhere he’ll play. He has served us well and he hasn’t chucked the toys out the pram when he is bumped to no2. Reality is he is too good to sit on the bench 90% of the year.

No, but he’s been producing for Rangers. This guy currently plays for St Mirren and is saying he’s not fussed about signing for us.

If he comes in and produces the goods on the park, of course I’d forgive him. The likelihood is, touch wood, that he’ll be on the subs bench anyway if McGregor stays fit.
Is there a possibility his comments were out of context or given he is foreign that something is lost in translation. Cant see the logic in him saying that given he may be in discussions with us. I'd be wary of taking written quotes at face value with a video of them.

Also what happened to the watford loanee to killie Bachmann. He said he was in discussions with us.

Gerrard says in his Press Conference today that he knows nothing about this and suggests the players Agents is telling him 'stuff'.

Who knows? Canny man is our Stevie.

"That's just all... his agent must be telling him that (we're interested). I know nothing about it." - the gaffer in his latest press conference.

No mate Gary McAllister can’t be touched for that title.

Morelos can gtf then aye?

The boys not even had a tour of auchenhowie yet. Give him a break!

stevie also said we weren't getting Kent. so looks like we're signing the boy lol

Steven Gerrard didn’t seem to give any credence to the story. When asked he said the player’s agent must have told him. ‘I don’t know anything about that,’ he told the prsss conference on Friday.

Is he? Based on what? 11 months with St Mirren? Prior to that he was back-up at a mid-table Czech team. And prior to that he was a back-up at a Czech first division team.

If he was an outfield player with that CV, and played well with St Mirren, then dismissed moving to Rangers or maybe using us as a stepping stone, you'd think that was fine? That's the level of respect you have for your club is it? Sound.
You sound like you've never seen him play and are just dismissing him because he plays for a wee team.

He saved every penalty that came his way in the playoff v Dundee United... sign him up!

Love fod but he needs first team footy. We are where we are and no one is better than greegsy, no one. So fod, if you need to move on I understand. It can’t be easy sitting on the bench and you are a major talent. Good luck but 55 and our recovery comes first.

Back