Their desperation to state their result was better than ours

Blue Tack

Having a good chuckle at the desperate measures being employed to weight their result v Lazio better than ours v Porto .

We live rent free in their heads ,they can’t even enjoy last night without that mental rubber stamp of approval from anyone that their result was better and more meaningful than ours .

Some of the stuff is a proper laugh like the best ever away performance in Europe by a Scottish team LOL

I’m absolutely delighted with our result and how we are playing .

Both results were massive. As a bear who lives in England, our football is laughed at, but results like last night give us more respect.
Too many English fans look down their noses at everybody to be fair and we are the belittled near neighbours that make them feel good about themselves . Only when they are humbled do they grudgingly accept that they are not masters of all that they survey and even then, humility is often in short supply. The way that Croatia were dismissed so readily at the WC semi proved that it didn't take a lot for the mask of respecting opponents to slip.

We will always be footballing diddies in their eyes.

Did anyone watch the lazio game. They are pish. They bet a big name which is good for the Scottish game but the didn't beat a good side.
Lazio looked a good side too me at parkhead and beat Milan at the San siro at the weekend let’s not kid ourselves , to be honest though I couldn’t care less about their result, it amazes me that people make threads talking about them.

The yahoos like to comment on the standard of opposition Rangers play in Europe but quite frankly the group they are in is truly abysmal.

FC Cluj were ranked below Linkin Red Imps at the start of this campaign but might qualify which just goes to show how much of a joke group they are in.

Porto have won more European trophies than all 4 teams in the yahoos group combined, as have Feyenoord.

It would be churlish to think anything other than their result last night being decent. Is it better than ours? If you are one of Them then yes, if a Rangers fan then obviously not.

In 4 games Rangers and Them have taken 10 points from 12 against, at worst, decent European sides but in reality that are a damn side better than the normal domestic opposition That in itself is a statistic that can only raise the profile of the Scottish game.

That said, f*ck Them.

I watched the first half of their game and Lazio would have been out of sight had they taken their chances in the first half.

Celtic seemed to have problems with the Lazio passing game and to be honest looked very, very ordinary...but of course just as I was thinking this they scored.

Sportsbible (an English run page) put a post up on Instagram with a picture of Gerrard and a statement saying how good our result was.

It was their only post last night, with zero acknowledgement of any other British teams results.

The comments section is absolutely littered with raging filth fans asking about their result :))

They can’t even enjoy their result without worrying about us. They utterly despise seeing us get publicity.

Having a good chuckle at the desperate measures being employed to weight their result v Lazio better than ours v Porto .

We live rent free in their heads ,they can’t even enjoy last night without that mental rubber stamp of approval from anyone that their result was better and more meaningful than ours .

Some of the stuff is a proper laugh like the best ever away performance in Europe by a Scottish team LOL

It's not even THEIR best ever away result. Off the top of my head I could pick them beating the great Leeds United team home and away in 1970 as better, and there are probably others.

Both results last night were great for the Scottish game but their need to try to say theirs was a better result just proves how much we really get under their skin. With all that's happened to us since 2012, leaving them to dominate with no serious challenger till now, you would think they would just enjoy it. But no, they have to still compare it to Rangers and anything we achieve. Where we are now was not meant to happen. We were meant to be dead, or grovelling at their feet looking to feed on any scraps that they threw our way. If we beat them in the League Cup Final and go on to win the league it will send them over the edge.

2 good results for Scotland but I am only interested in 1 of them and couldn't careless what they have to say about it.

The cnuts are born with attention deficit syndrome. Fkn weirdos.

Anytime we beat someone of note they will always say “ they weren’t what they once were “. Just the way the manks operate

4 points against Porto is slightly better than 6 against Lazio. Arguably we should have beaten Porto away as well.
Both fantastic results for the coefficient, looking forward to smashing Celtic in the 1/4 final.....

See, it happens the other way round as well, we'd be pishing ourselves at mentally challengeds for mental gymnastics like that :oops:

It's the nature of rivalry I suppose, can't stand being "outdone" by each other, and it definitely works both ways.

I'm secure enough that I can acknowledge they got the "headline" result last night, I couldn't care less.

Last edited:
Its great to know we still get under their skin, always have and always will. The best is still to come in may and they fuc*ing know it.

The Tims got a good result, but anyone who watched it knows they got very lucky with two horrendous mistakes from Lazio. The idea that it was a tactical masterclass from Lennon is absolute horseshit.

In spite of what McCoist was desperate to proclaim last night, we thoroughly deserved our result last night.

Both great results and to be fair an away result in Europe is always to be commended.
However i did see a good bit of their game and if ever there was robbery then it was last night. They seemed to be getting pummeled and Lazio's finishing was very poor and gave me the impression the league in Italy is more important to them. The tims rode their luck big style and i knew the line coming from them is we can now win this.
Red necks and blow torches comes to mind. Rennes are fighting relegation and everyone would welcome Cluj in their group.
FFS keep it real guys.
If anything from what i saw of Lazio and them it gives me more confidence for the League Cup Final.

1 absolute rocket in work this morning claimed that they had 'qualified with 2 games to spare from the group of death'

When I pointed out that the average ranking in our group was better than theirs (72 v 82) and that the ranking of only the opponent's was significantly tougher (56 v 93) than what they'd faced.

He then spent ten minutes trying to explain how the teams they faced were better than their ranking whilst the teams in our group were worse than theirs.

They can't see what they don't want to see.

They won't see it until we start taking silverware from them.

Latest posts

Back