Morelos Sitting out Feyernood?

It’s a decent shout OP & I had considered the same but I think away from home we need El Buff leading the line because let’s face it he can occupy 4/5 defenders he’s that good.

If El Buff got booked Vrs Young Boys does he be uspended for knockout stage or do yellows get wiped?? I hope they do.

It’s a decent shout OP & I had considered the same but I think away from home we need El Buff leading the line because let’s face it he can occupy 4/5 defenders he’s that good.

If El Buff got booked Vrs Young Boys does he be uspended for knockout stage or do yellows get wiped?? I hope they do.
The oracle will be along shortly to answer your question!

No from me. We play strongest team, win and through to last 32. Alfie can then sit at home for the YBB game resting his aching muscles from smashing the mentally challengeds on the Sunday, whilst two lovely ladies rub essential oils into them. All paid from the FF whip round.

We haven't qualified yet and there's still a good possibility we won't get through, we need our best team on the pitch until our name is in the hat for the last 32.

If he’s booked against Young Boys it carries over into the knockouts.

It’s only at the quarter finals where bookings are wiped.

Am I correct in saying a win v feyenoord and we go through no matter the other results?

But we can still go out if we beat young boys, lose to feyenoord and other results don’t go our way?

Could be wrong but I’m just up so the brain might not be working!

Am I correct in saying a win v feyenoord and we go through no matter the other results?

But we can still go out if we beat young boys, lose to feyenoord and other results don’t go our way?

You are incorrect, but I'd expect us to go through with a win In Rotterdam.

No. A win in Feyenoord puts us through.
[/QUOTE]

We would be eliminated if we then lost to YB, if Porto win their remaining games.

Morelos can now be trusted to not get booked, 12 months ago that would not have been the case

If we beat Feyenoord we’re through, because Feyenoord can’t catch us, as they’d be 6 points behind. And it would only be possible for Porto to finish equal on points with us and we beat them on head to head.

If Feyenoord beat us, there is a chance we might not go through, even if we beat YB. We’d have to beat YB in the final match and win on aggregate in the 2 games against them.

Suspensions aren't wiped till after the QFs so it might be worth Morelos getting deliberately booked against Feyenoord if results are going our way.

If we beat Feyenoord we’re through, because Feyenoord can’t catch us, as they’d be 6 points behind. And it would only be possible for Porto to finish equal on points with us and we beat them on head to head.

If Feyenoord beat us, there is a chance we might not go through, even if we beat YB. We’d have to beat YB in the final match and win on aggregate in the 2 games against them.

If we beat Feyenoord and then lose to YB, couple with Porto winning their remaining games, then all 3 would be tied on 10 points.

Head to head can’t apply as there would be a mix of winners and losers eg we would have a winning H2H against Porto, but losing against YB.

The tiebreaker is then results against the tied teams (mini points table), and YB and Porto would go through, and we’d be out on our arses.

Do the yellow cards get wiped after the group's?

giphy.gif

Should he sit this one out and we concentrate on the home game due to 1 yellow away from suspension?

It’s the harder game so he plays. If anything, it’s the game I want him to be booked in, if he’s going to be booked. I’d rather him miss YBs at home than a potential knockout game.

Yes but if Porto and us are both on 10 points then so are YB and we each have a winning and losing position in the head to heads.

I see Coplandted has explained it earlier.

yb 7 pts
rangers 7 pts
porto 4
feyenoord 4
draw at feyenoord
we will be on 8 them 5 and if by chance porto win at yb the rangers would lead the group going into the last game if porto lose they are out of it that would give yb 10 rangers 8 and feyenoord 5 so theres your maths with a draw at feyenoord then its last game shoot out win and win the group

Should he sit this one out and we concentrate on the home game due to 1 yellow away from suspension?
No, he has to play, let’s get the job done in Rotterdam. He’s virtually unplayable at the moment and our chances of success are much higher with him in the team (no disrespect to Defoe who is also a fantastic footballer).

Scenarios aplenty re the Feyenoord game but irrespective of other results, beat YB and we are through.

Play him as he’s our best player and a win seals our qualification. I would also say I trust him not to pick up a stupid booking this year.

He made their defenders look like jobbers in the game at Ibrox. No chance considering as long as Porto dont win against Young Boys a draw will be enough to see us through to the knockout stages

To clear it up:

49.04 Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on completion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage. In addition, all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals. They are not carried forward to the semi-finals

To answer OP, of course he plays.

Back