Moved into top sixteen in co-efficient

It's worth noting this season is absolutely crucial as the end of this season locks in the 2021/22 Cycle for the Europa League/Europa Confrence League.

If we can climb 1 more spot to 15th (currently held by Cyprus who only have APOEL left in Europe) then our sides will play in the better tournament.

14th is Denmark (only Copenhagen left) 13th is Czech Republic (only Slavia Prague left).

APOEL sit 2nd in their group on 4pts (same as Qarabag).
Copenhagen are top of their group on 6 pts (joint with Dynamo Kiev and 1 clear of Malmo).
Slavia Prague are bottom of their CL group on 2 points (2 behind Inter, 5 behind Dortmund).

Hypothetically if us and the mentally challengeds were to win our next two group games which is entirely possible where would that leave us in the coefficient?

Apologies if I get this slightly wrong, but 4 more scotrish wins would put us on 9.500 coefficient for the season, and 27.625 overall, sodepending on other results up to 13th or 14th.

The jump to 11th and 12th is a further 3 coefficient points minimum, so to make top 10 this season would require Ukrainian, Turkish and Austrian teams to be knocked out of Europe and both of the old firm to at least make the quarter finals or one of them to win the tournament.

I can only imagine the insanity that would be an old firm europa league quarter final.

I look forward to that easy champions qualification route that the scum have had for years and still failed. If a second spot becomes available this route will be the play anybody route.

They’ll get knocked out every year by teams from countries that Roy of the Rovers’ team would visit for qualifiers in countries you’ve never heard of.

Herdexi Atlonaras (Jabrovia) 3-0 Aberdeen (Scotland)

I mean for the team finishing second that gets a champions League spot if we are in the top 15. The qualifying path for this team is ludicrously hard

Apologies if I get this slightly wrong, but 4 more scotrish wins would put us on 9.500 coefficient for the season, and 27.625 overall, sodepending on other results up to 13th or 14th.

The jump to 11th and 12th is a further 3 coefficient points minimum, so to make top 10 this season would require Ukrainian, Turkish and Austrian teams to be knocked out of Europe and both of the old firm to at least make the quarter finals or one of them to win the tournament.

I can only imagine the insanity that would be an old firm europa league quarter final.
Thanks mate thats some jump we've made in the past 2 years it's a shame the likes of killie and Aberdeen are hopeless in Europe. Although 11th/12th won't be achievable this year theres no reason that can't be worked towards. Old frim quarter final would probably be bigger than the actual final 80% of Scotland wouldn't make work on the friday

I look forward to that easy champions qualification route that the scum have had for years and still failed. If a second spot becomes available this route will be the play anybody route.

Whilst true, at the moment we enter the europa league at round 1 anyway and if we get knocked out that's it.

I think the runner up in the league would still start at round 2 for champions league qualifying and have the safety net of europa league qualifying, so it's still a step up.

How is our individual co-ef looking now? Will we have done enough to look at seeded spots in future qualifying campaigns?
Think we're sitting about 10, which would see us seeded for the 3rd qualifier in the EL this year, but not seeded for the playoff.

However, we're very close to getting in a position where we'd be seeded for the playoff too. Win our last two games plus one of the knockout games and I think we'd be there.

Would be good if Atalanta beat Dinamo Zagreb in their next game. Decent chance of Zagreb getting to the next stage of the Champions League and will get bonus points on top of their wins.

I watched Zagreb implode from 3-1 up to 3-3 within injury time to Shaktar and funny enough, I’d the coefficient thing in my head. It all helps as they say.

To confirm: our club co-efficient is 11.25 including last nights results.

Pretty sure it's two points for a win and one point for a draw. So a win in our next two would give us 13.25.

This year, Wolves were the lowest rank seed in the Playoff round with 17.092. 18/19 I think it was around the 22 points mark. 17/18 it was 16 points.

We're close, and with a bit of luck and another couple of good results we could put ourselves in a position to be seeded the whole way through next time.

Pretty sure it's two points for a win and one point for a draw. So a win in our next two would give us 13.25.

This year, Wolves were the lowest rank seed in the Playoff round with 17.092. 18/19 I think it was around the 22 points mark. 17/18 it was 16 points.

We're close, and with a bit of luck and another couple of good results we could put ourselves in a position to be seeded the whole way through next time.

EUROPA LEAGUE POINTS TABLE
1st Qualifying Round Elimination0.25
2nd Qualifying Round Elimination0.5
3rd Qualifying Round Elimination1
Playoff Qualifying Round Elimination1.5
Group Stage or Knockout Round Win2
Group Stage or Knockout Round Tie1
Group Stage or Knockout Round Loss0
  • Clubs have been guaranteed a minimum of 2 points if they reach the group stage
  • Clubs that reach the quarter-finals, semi-finals or final, are awarded an additional point per round.
- UEFA CLUBS' COEFFICIENT RANKING --
The club coefficient rankings are based on the results of clubs competing in the five previous seasons of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League. This ranking determines the seeding of clubs in all UEFA competition draws.

POINTS SYSTEM
Champions League & Europa League Group Stage and Beyond: Teams can only receive points for results during and after the Champions League and Europa League Group Stage. Two points are awarded for a win and one point for a draw. Teams are also awarded bonus points for reaching different stages of each competition (explained below).
Champions League & Europa League Qualifying: Teams do not receive points for match results in the qualifying round. Instead, when a club is eliminated during qualifying, a fixed number of points are awarded based on what qualifying round the team was eliminated in (see tables below). Clubs in the Champions League Group Stage are awarded 4 bonus points, whereas teams in the Europa League are awarded a minimum of 2 points if they do not accumulate two points from their group stage matches. The qualifying round match results are taken into account only for the calculation of the association's club coefficient and are halved (explained in previous section).
Coefficient calculation: Clubs' coefficients are determined by the sum of all points won in the previous five years. Up until the 2017/18 season, an additional 20% of their association's coefficient was added to the club coefficient, however this has been removed starting the 2017/18 UEFA season. The only time 20% of the association's coefficient is used for the club rankings, is when a respective club has not competed in European competitions in the last five seasons.

They’ll get knocked out every year by teams from countries that Roy of the Rovers’ team would visit for qualifiers in countries you’ve never heard of.

Herdexi Atlonaras (Jabrovia) 3-0 Aberdeen (Scotland)
Good one. "We come from Jabrovia, and we don't give a sh!t".

It's 10.25. 3 wins and 4 draws makes 10 then the 0.25 is for Pedro's season.

It's been a good season for Scottish football. Just a shame we have such a disaster running it in the SFA. We could be trying to grow the game on the back of our good performances and results but nothing will come of it.

Regardless of the horrible idea of them doing well us getting the 2nd Champions League spot would be a good thing.

We get a bonus point for having won the CWC
You sure? I can't see that on UEFA's website?

You sure? I can't see that on UEFA's website?

Definitely read it somewhere but obviously not the case. Maybe that bonus point is part of the new changes coming in 2021?

So we get no Europa league spots if we finish below 15th in Scotland ?? Is that what I’m reading

Yes, only the champions would end up in the Europa possibly if they are beat in the CL qualifiers. Any other teams would fall into the Euro diddy cup with shit money and would probably have to qualify for it. Vital that Scotland gets 15th by end of this season so that at least the top 2 get a crack at CL and EL.

It’s funny seeing the staunch Da posts about how they don’t want Celtic to win anything, but fact of the matter is one team alone can’t bring the co-efficient up to the levels Scotland are at now. No I don’t want Celtic to win the league or Europa League, but if them winning their group games gets 2 Scottish teams (whoever they may be) into the CL, then so be it.

Of course I expect us to challenge for the title each year, but facts are we won’t win it each year. If we come second and get put into this new Euro crap league, we are miles behind the money they could be getting in the CL. Higher coefficient means a less difficult route to the riches, and opportunities to attract bigger names to the club.

Definitely read it somewhere but obviously not the case. Maybe that bonus point is part of the new changes coming in 2021?
Relax, you did read it :))

There are now two club coefficients, the usual 5 year one which is used for seeding and there is now a 10 year one which also includes those bonus points. It is used for paying the group stage appearance money. In the Europa league of 48 teams the highest ranked team get 48 times the money of the lowest, effectively you get 1 share per position. Basically designed to make sure the big clubs get most of the money.

It would be absolutely fantastic for Scottish football if us and the scum could make it into the guts of the knockout rounds. I will never actively want Celtic to win, but since they're already qualified I won't be too disappointed if they can pick up results in their remaining two games.

Same here*

*As long as Eduoard, Forrest, McGregor, Ajer, Brown all suffer career ending injuries.

Just a reminder.

Celtic FC declared us cheats

Celtic FC had us removed from football

Celtic FC did not ask UEFA to remove the cheats coefficient contribution

Celtic FC used our coefficient (which they say we cheated) to make over £100 million

Celtic FC were rubbish and destroyed the coefficient on their own

Celtic FC are now going to piggy back Rangers coefficient again and stay in elite competition even if they lose the league

Relax, you did read it :))

There are now two club coefficients, the usual 5 year one which is used for seeding and there is now a 10 year one which also includes those bonus points. It is used for paying the group stage appearance money. In the Europa league of 48 teams the highest ranked team get 48 times the money of the lowest, effectively you get 1 share per position. Basically designed to make sure the big clubs get most of the money.
I’m glad they made it simpler and easier to understand for everyone

Back