Matt Crooks

Seems to be moving more and more forward as his career goes on. Sure he started out as a CB then a defensive midfielder now plays behind the striker.

Hope Hastie hasnt picked up an injury he started well and played all the games but seems to have fallen out the side a little

Crooks is a cracking player at that level.
Hastie was flying at the start, seems to have fell away.

When he came to us along with Windass I expected him to be the better of the two. Well Windass was no world beater but he did a decent job, but Crooks because of injuries just never really got the opportunity to prove much. In the few chances he got he was admittedly pretty poor.

Remember him being horrendously sluggish and bewildered in a game v Hearts I'm sure. Only game I remember. Cant say much more than that as I don't remember if he played any other games. When he left he stated he was pleased to go to "Bigger and better things at Northhampton". Think that sums up his mindset. Never good enough for us.

Remember him being horrendously sluggish and bewildered in a game v Hearts I'm sure. Only game I remember. Cant say much more than that as I don't remember if he played any other games. When he left he stated he was pleased to go to "Bigger and better things at Northhampton". Think that sums up his mindset. Never good enough for us.
Full team was horrendously sluggish and bewildered that night to be fair.

As shite as he was, a bit of a scapegoat for that result, but I’m not losing too much sleep over him being elsewhere now.

He was hung out to dry that night. Months out injured and thrown into a difficult away at Tynecastle.

The team wasn’t fit. Manager didn’t allow players a chance to get close to full fitness and chucked them in the deep end.
Madness.

Crooks will end up at a far higher level than he’s playing at, a very good player.

I saw him play for Northampton a few times while he was there and he always looked fairly decent, although I generally felt he could and should have dominated things at that level if he really wanted to really make something of his career.

Great finish.

Anyone thinking that the level he’s at is comparable to us is stretching it a bit though.
That’s being kind.

I had the pleasure of speaking to him shortly after his debut, he was friendly and seemed very down to earth.

All the best to him, I'd be delighted if he made a really good career for himself.

Latest posts

Back