Negri or mols

Zizou

Was having this debate with my mate if you had a choice and they were both in there prime playing for us who would you have?
Mols just edged it for me and he went negri.
Thoughts?

Jesus christ.

It's bad enough Mols only "just edged it" for you, never mind the fact your mate went for Negri.

Mols without that injury would have potentially been in the same conversation as Laudrup, Gascoigne, Cooper, Baxter etc.

Maybe the 2 of you could stick to discussing Coronation Street from now on :))

Negri just shades it for me. Only if they are both at the top of their games. i.e. the best we seen of both of them. It is close.

Jesus christ.

It's bad enough Mols only "just edged it" for you, never mind the fact your mate went for Negri.

Mols without that injury would have potentially been in the same conversation as Laudrup, Gascoigne, Cooper, Baxter etc.

Maybe the 2 of you could stick to discussing Coronation Street from now on :))
Negri did score 30 goals before Xmas remember

Was having this debate with my mate if you had a choice and they were both in there prime playing for us who would you have?
Mols just edged it for me and he went negri.
Thoughts?
Mols all day not close!

Mols scored 13 in three months and had barely got going.

He'd have been mid 20s at least come January 99.

That's aside from the umpteen levels of ability above Negri he was...
I agree mols was unbelievable in his 3 months before that bloody night in Munich and would of went on to become a legend for us.
By same token if negri has carried on his scoring exploits he could of possible broke all scoring records in that season.
No doubt mols the better player by far but negri was just a pure goal machine(for 5 months)

A blind man could tell you Mols was a far superior footballer.
We had both at top of form for around a 6 month spell and as good a goal scorer as Negri was, Mols was unplayable at the top level of the game.

Negri had all the credentials to become an absolute legend for us but for reasons apparently unknown, his Rangers career went south rapidly.
Mols was also on track to be a bona fide Rangers Legend (if he isn't one already) but his career was cruelly cut short.
If both players had managed to successfully see out their terms to the full it might have been a close call but the way things actually panned out, it's Mickey Mols for me...no question!

Back