Bear banned for last minute winner celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be. His name and signature at the bottom of the letter.

Well I have to say I’m unsurprised by the ridiculous , over zealous , judgmental decision he has made .

Cancelling his season ticket without refund for celebrating ? Ban indefinite from all games ?? Before trial ???

This is outrageous and unacceptable heavy handed nonsense if indeed all the chap did was celebrate with the players .

If he defeats the charge , and I could see it being dismissed as a waste of court time , he’s due a refund , apology and compensation from Martin .

But we may have lost a fan for life - I wouldn’t blame the guy for chucking it for good anyway .

Calm heads here guys. The lad got a ban for being arrested at the game, going purely by the rules it's the right professional decision.
The safety officer has kept the door open for a return once the case is complete. There's no denying the lads loyalty and passion for the club, if he bites the bullet for a wee while he'll be back at Ibrox soon enough.

Is invading the pitch normally a chargeable offence or is there more to this story?

I always assumed you just got thrown out :))

That’s wrong. Absolutely too much, especially prior to court. He’s encroached the pitch by a few yards after a last minute winner to celebrate a goal. There was no nastiness, nothing pre-meditated, nothing horrible.

I get frustrated at the kids going on the pitch and it’s become too common but the courts will rightly or wrongly deal with it - the club don’t need to twist the knife.

I think the courts will teach him the lesson, the club are too keen to go after our own. I could even understand if it was for sectarianism or similar but that’s ridiculous.

Calm heads here guys. The lad got a ban for being arrested at the game, going purely by the rules it's the right professional decision.
The safety officer has kept the door open for a return once the case is complete. There's no denying the lads loyalty and passion for the club, if he bites the bullet for a wee while he'll be back at Ibrox soon enough.

Good evening Mr Martin...

Is invading the pitch normally a chargeable offence or is there more to this story?

I always assumed you just got thrown out :))

This is in our ground regulations, probably the same for others. Harsh in the extreme but no doubt wanting to make an example of someone.

Unauthorised persons are not permitted to ENTER UPON THE FIELD OF PLAY, trackside or any place which is not a spectator area. Such incursions will be treated with utmost seriousness and will be liable to arrest and criminal proceedings as well as to disciplinary sanctions by the Club/Event Organiser which may lead to long term exclusion from the Ground.

Bear who ended up on the pitch after the last minute winner vs Killie has been banned indefinitely by the club. Criminal court case still to be heard by the looks of it.

Is this appropriate action by the Club?
Fans shouldn't be on the pitch under any normal circumstances.

*Edited as a result of someone asking "what if the stand is on fire, or there is a crush?"

Last edited:
That needs to be legally challenged.
Nothing to lose as he's banned anyway.
Terms and conditions of season ticket purchase needs scrutinised to see if arrestment allows for banning.
Being arrested doesn't bring the club into disrepute.

I think the court will likely convict him and fine him a few hundred pounds - I think that’s absolutely enough.

He hasn’t done anything particularly bad.
Ah don’t think it’ll get anywhere near a courtroom.

The authorities have been trigger happy over the scenes at the Killie game, clearly looking to make a point against Rangers fans yet again.

I don’t think that response from Rangers is fair. At least show some the guy some empathy if you write to him, and give him a refund for the remainder of his ST. Probably going to be hit with huge legal fees.

Last edited:
I would hope that it is 'indefinite' in order to wait for the court case to be heard and then a fixed ban will be handed down in line with that. It is obviously not a deliberate move, but the club have probably gotten him a lighter sentence by doing this too.

I find this to be extremely disappointing. While as supporters we need to take our responsibilities seriously this action by the club seems premature and at this stage kneejerk and rather severe.

Could be the club trying to set a precedent to stop people from going on the pitch.

It’s very harsh though. Although I know that you run the risk of being banned if you are on the pitch and identifiable, arrested or not.

Reactions: GF7
The failure by the club to comment at the time and defend fans was a farce.
That letter is a farce.
The continuation of lack of pressure either legally or otherwise against Kilmarnock directors is equally as disgraceful.

god knows who’s devising the strategy but they couldn’t have got it worse at every turn if theytried.

Club are still full of arseholes. Compare and contrast with other clubs.

scumbags, Martin is an absolute lady's front bottom.

Across the city you get a tour of the stadium and hospitality tickets
They take the same stance. A few of their fans were banned before being found guilty and given banning orders for going over the hoardings at the same ground.

How did you work that one out?
It’s not exactly rocket science, is it?

I’m saying the players went right up to the stand to celebrate with the fans. You see it all over the UK, the fans rush to the players when they come right up to the advertising boards after a goal. It’s only natural.

This man has been banned for encroaching the pitch, what I’m saying is the players have encroached the fans area. What has he done that’s any worse than the players? The players aren’t meant to leave the pitch.

I don’t see us banning Goldson for causing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back