Potential last 32 opponents as it stands

uneasydaz

Few tough games in there

20191111-120819.jpg

We must be the pot 4 team that no one wants to face. There's a few teams there I wouldn't mind without jinxing anything!!

Absolutely no fear from any of them. There is some right good sides in top position id rather avoid so id want us to finish top. Worth mentioning that Roma, Frankfurt and a couple other big names are only 3rd on head to head so might join this list.

I would absolutely love to get Wolves. I think we'd do them over two legs.

Where are the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal and Sevilla on that list?

This list is if we finish top. Sevilla Arsenal Man United will be seeded as theyll win their groups. Possible quality sides like Inter and RB Salzburg could drop into it as well

Would that not only be our opponents if we top the group? We're currently second so that wouldn't be our opponents as it stands.

I will look at this when we qualify. 'As it stands' is meaningless with 2 games to go in the groups for all of those teams, including ourselves.

The manager couldn't be any clearer, we look to the next game each time but for some supporters this is too difficult a task and expectations go to unachievable levels.

Hamilton away is as far as we should be looking.

I feel we could beat every single one of them at Ibrox. Few tricky away games but there is no one on that list that stand out to me saying I really want to avoid.

Probably better (in better i mean higher profile) games if we finish 2nd. Would still rather win the group & face the opponents from the 1st lot & save the "bigger" clubs 'till later

And if we finish second, as it stands:

Sevilla
FC Copenhagen
Basel
Sporting Lisbon
Arsenal
Espanyol
AA Gent
Istanbul Basaksehir
Braga
Manchester United
Valencia
Dinamo Zagreb
Salzburg
Inter Milan

Torn between Albuferia and Torrimolinos if we get Seville :)

Not normally one to join the "let's not get ahead of ourselves" brigade, but this is just stupid. We're not even winning our own group as it stands. It's probably statistically more likely that it will be an entirely different group of teams altogether

The fact that both Rangers and Celtic easily disposed of Porto and Lazio indicates that we could both go quite far. Those two teams are usually your "favourites" for the tournament and Porto especially are a Champions League team.

The rest of Scottish football denied that they needed a strong Rangers, yet here we are propping them up.

Some tricky ties in there, but nothing that much harder than anything we've already faced.

And if we finish second, as it stands:

Sevilla
FC Copenhagen
Basel
Sporting Lisbon
Arsenal
Espanyol
AA Gent
Istanbul Basaksehir
Braga
Manchester United
Valencia
Dinamo Zagreb
Salzburg
Inter Milan
Espanyol getting a battered in their league but playing well in Europe, strange how that happens

That articles the equivalent of the old saying "if yer maw had baws she'd be yer da"

There are far too many variables to even look at potential opponents.

The only team guaranteed to win their group is Sevilla.

Celtic and Man United are already through but could finish 1st or 2nd.

All other sides still need to pick up more points to make the knock out stages, so to be compiling any "potential list" at this stage is rediculous.

Espanyol, Gent, Arsenal, Cluj and Basel all require 1 point to qualify.

Back