Tax Officials Blamed For Rangers Downfall – HMRC Mistake Wipes Millions From Ibrox Bill (The Times)

It was a campaign driven by spite with Rangers as the specific target.

The question is - who was responsible for it?

Who were the actual individuals within HMRC who wanted Rangers hurt?

Under whose orders were they acting?

Who was leaking information?

This is where my mind is too mate ;)

Where were the scum getting their info from back then if it wasn’t a Rangers hater ?

So, who at HMRC, is to blame for this monumental fcuk up? Will any action be taken against them? Was it a deliberate mistake? These questions need to be asked and answered

is it possible for the oldco to be reinstated with our current board? and if yes, can it then launch legal proceedings against the HMRC? stupid question probably but its been rattlin in my head since i read that article

Running the risk of sounding like a dumbass especially with how harsh this place can be at times however here it goes...

Would it be possible for a fans group for instance ‘Club 1872’ to sue HMRC on behalf of the fans for emotional distress or some sort fancy Law jargon along those lines?

I think that any legal action would have to be by the shareholders of Oldco ..... of which I am one.

Doesn't work like that. The club owed PAYE and Whyte didn't pay it. HMRC put the club into admin for the tax owed under Whyte. Not a snowball's chance in hell of any legal action from that.
Not wanting to sound pedantic Tugay83 but the Club was and is 11 guys running about the park. The limited company that is oldco owed PAYE and VAT and Whyte did not pay it.

I have that same fucking dull ache in the pit of my stomach that was ever present for months on end in 2012. Nothing at all can take away those times and no justice or retribution will change what happened, it is far too late for that.
Same mate, this is actually good news in a way, although it doesn’t feel like it at all

Total vindication is the best that we can hope for. Doubt we can sue or claim damages but if there’s anyway to stop the liquidation process then do it because nothing would make me happier then knowing no one can say we died (even though we didn’t) but the thought of knowing they can never even attempt to say it would be enough

The liquidation of the old company hasn't been completed as far as I know so the liquidation can conceivably be "sisted" (basically, put on hold). Dave King might be able to do that.

I get that this is not bad news. But I need to stop reading this thread as it is fucking infuriating.

This was no mistake. The bastard Reid is up to his neck in it, I believe. With many other like minded individuals.

The beasts have had a leg up due to this and have probably raked in close to 80m on account of our troubles. A concerted effort. And it will go unpunished, and largely ignored. Filthy mentally challenged bastards.

It feels like a square kick in the balls. To have gone through the last 7 years, and now to be told it was a mistake.

absolutely outrageous. To think that we had to go through all of that pain and turmoil as a support, only to now discover that it should never have happened. Very likely that we would have won a few titles between then and now too. I am livid about this.

So after almost 10 years of this HMRC just suddenly released it had vastly overestimated what was owed? A public inquiry now needs to be held ASAP to get to the bottom of who was behind this.

As for oldco it’s now potentially sitting on a surplus of money what will the ramifications of that be?

Looks like this whole thing has been a total stitch up and I’ve no doubt at all someone at beast fc was behind this trying to rig it so only they could get CL income.

The liquidation of the old company hasn't been completed as far as I know so the liquidation can conceivably be "sisted" (basically, put on hold). Dave King might be able to do that.
thats what i was thinking, but also wondered if it could be brought back completely

Exactly, but for now there’s nothing in it.

Nothing to stop the board buying the shares of the oldco, bringing the company out of liquidation and moving the assets back into it. From what I understand though, bringing a company out of liquidation is a very difficult process.

If there's an acceptance that we've been wronged, i'm fairly sure the HMRC and authorities will be a bit more accomodating with this process given the circumstances.

I'm interested in where we go from here. I'm not sure what rights we have as a fanbase or club to take action?

That’s the first thought that came into my mind, mate,
My head is exploding with rage and I have a massive day in work tomorrow so will need to take some meds to get sleep tonight but the best we can hope for is to get fucking sevco pish to %^*& and RFC Oldco back which would null and void that fat bastards grip over our badge and our tops! That’s worth millions to us alone

Since TBC was therefore a sham, what happens to the decision? Overturned? Nullified?
Nah, the Courts looked at whether the EBTs were in line with the legislation and ultimately found that they weren’t.

This concerns the amount of tax and penalties which HMRC claimed the oldco owned as a result of not applying the legislation correctly.

Potentially upwards of £80mil potential losses. Should be suing those bastards and make a complaint to police to see if this happened through criminality

Dr John Reid

One of the highest profile and powerful members of the Labour Party, in Government and in charge of HMRC until 2010

Dr John Reid

The Chairman of Celtic FC who stood down 1 month after Craig Whyte tookover Rangers.

Dr John Reid

The first man on Radio 5 live interviewed for comment marvelling at Rangers Administration on the day it happened in 2012.

Follow the trail, even to them ensuring Peter Lawells former colleague became the head of the SFA and in complete control of ensuring Rangers obliteration

Here is Dr John Reid with then powerful football icon Michel Platini, who was subsequently implicated in football corruption, banned from sports admin until 2023 and named in the same Panama papers as Celtic majority shareholder, Dermot Desmond.

Michel+Platini+John+Reid+Celtic+v+Rangers+PXoz2npw8CZl.jpg

Last edited:
A blunder? %^*& off
Get the old company out of liquidation and destroy the bastards

I've always been suspicious about the way HMRC went about their business in chasing us for Tax. It just seemed that no matter what happened, we were being targeted. The leaks were (are) ongoing, relentless and sinister and have caused 100 millions of pounds worth of damage over the years.
We were supposed to be the "test case"? I thought the whole point of that was that it would open the flood gates and they could start collecting all ebt debts with ease?

I've yet to see or hear of anyone else having to pay out on the back of our defeat in the supreme court.

Back