Feyenoord Match Screening Bar 72

rangeral

Ridiculously priced. £24 for a pie and a pint and the chance to watch a game readily available on TV screens across the nation. Not to get into the fact that pints in bar 72 aren't exactly wetherspoons prices either.

I'm all for the club being proactive and putting this type of thing on for fans to watch matches. But this is at least £14 overpriced. If the club sold tickets to watch away matches in the stadium on a beam back for circa £5-10 I'd be happy to go most weeks.

used to go when it was a tenner then £12, then realised for a few quid more i could get a buffet breakfast or lunch in the argyle house but they bumped up the price a lot in that as well.

Go elsewhere now.

While I agree this is way overpriced (and I'll watch it at home), is it not just another way for us to pour our money into our club? Sure, the club could keep doing it for the previous £10/£12 but if they're just breaking even for the night, then what's the point? They'd be as well not opening the bar, not paying for the beer, not paying for the electricity, etc. if they're just going to break even.

While I agree this is way overpriced (and I'll watch it at home), is it not just another way for us to pour our money into our club? Sure, the club could keep doing it for the previous £10/£12 but if they're just breaking even for the night, then what's the point? They'd be as well not opening the bar, not paying for the beer, not paying for the electricity, etc. if they're just going to break even.
Good point to be fair. Is it any more overpriced than £60 for a replica top? Everyone has the choice whether to pay it or not.

Hope it's a money earner for the club, but not for me. Have been before for OF games at 10-12 quid, but £24 is too much. Presunably the jump in price is, at least in part, to cover Hateley and Goram's fee.

Not a dig at them, but would rather just pay £10-12 without them there.

Ridiculously priced. £24 for a pie and a pint and the chance to watch a game readily available on TV screens across the nation. Not to get into the fact that pints in bar 72 aren't exactly wetherspoons prices either.

I'm all for the club being proactive and putting this type of thing on for fans to watch matches. But this is at least £14 overpriced. If the club sold tickets to watch away matches in the stadium on a beam back for circa £5-10 I'd be happy to go most weeks.
I agree with your first point that it’s quite steep but have to say that the beambacks in the 90’s were really shit! Would much rather watch the match in a pub with a pint

Hope it's a money earner for the club, but not for me. Have been before for OF games at 10-12 quid, but £24 is too much. Presunably the jump in price is, at least in part, to cover Hateley and Goram's fee.

Not a dig at them, but would rather just pay £10-12 without them there.
They shouldn’t even have a fee lol

I agree with your first point that it’s quite steep but have to say that the beambacks in the 90’s were really shit! Would much rather watch the match in a pub with a pint
The beambacks was of games that wasnt televised though. That was the beauty of them, it was the inky way to see it other than being there.

The beambacks was of games that wasnt televised though. That was the beauty of them, it was the inky way to see it other than being there.
Exactly and it was still quite rubbish,so if the club now done beam backs when you have the option of watching the match in a warm boozer with a pint then it would flop

Villareal game was £12 last season, doubling it seems a bit extreme. Maybe just stick to 6pints down the local for the same price

Done this year or 2 ago for SC semi under warburton. It was like £12. Good value. £24 though? Also with all due respect, the TVs you watch them on are terrible. Youd expect at least a decent set up/possibly a big projector like most pubs.

Villareal game was £12 last season, doubling it seems a bit extreme. Maybe just stick to 6pints down the local for the same price

Fair play to the club if it sells out and they make money on it.

£12 I get simply for the idea of watching the game at the stadium and having a blether with your mates pre and post match. That's not a bad price.

But the idea of paying £24 to hear Goram and Hateley tells the same stories you've heard a thousand times in the past 20 years seems nuts to me.

I had a season ticket in Bar72 in season 17/18 and the quality of the picture on the plasma screens were terrible, for £24 I hope they have been upgraded.

You would think they would make enough from 12 quid a head and then all the other beers people are buying.
Everybody runs their business differently, some pubs even charge to get in to watch games, which in my opinion leaves a bad taste.
I wouldn't comment on them individually as it is their prerogative

Last edited:
Im almost certain they advertised similar for the YB game except it was £36, it then disappeared from being advertised as i cant imagine many folk would pay that. £24 is still stupid money, charge a tenner and dont have goram, hateley there.

Im almost certain they advertised similar for the YB game except it was £36, it then disappeared from being advertised as i cant imagine many folk would pay that. £24 is still stupid money, charge a tenner and dont have goram, hateley there.
Exactly, theres only so many times people can listen to the same stories anyway

The only way I'm paying that money is if it was one of the proper hospitality suites and it would be like a matchday experience. Price includes first drink and a hot finger buffet with the quality you get in hospitality. Oh and decent TV screens as well.

Bar72 is fine for what it is on a matchday for its season ticket holders but to charge let's say minus the pie and pint £19 for entry to a pub just because it's at Ibrox is a joke.

The only way I'm paying that money is if it was one of the proper hospitality suites and it would be like a matchday experience. Price includes first drink and a hot finger buffet with the quality you get in hospitality. Oh and decent TV screens as well.

Bar72 is fine for what it is on a matchday for its season ticket holders but to charge let's say minus the pie and pint £19 for entry to a pub just because it's at Ibrox is a joke.
As I pointed out £4 of that is VAT

I'm sure they've charged £36 for Celtic away games before - seems too steep to me but if it sells out I suppose you can't argue.

Back