Questions for the club

Now that the Old Firm Final emails are out/in the process of being sent out we can move on to some other things for a bit.

I'm interested in what fans think are the biggest issues at the club and the things that we would most like to see.

Just a little bit of brainstorming

Are there any plans to improve the match day experience to make it appeal outside the dedicated fans

Jeez, you’re a brave man asking what are the ‘biggest issues’ today of all days @Greg Marshall .

Might have been better left a few days until we see where The Times story is going.

For other ideas, just a few would be:

The retail ‘situation’ is the biggest issue right now. Needs sorted

Most like to sees would include Safe Standing, progress on the Membership Scheme and an upgrade to the website and RangersTV platforms.

Pies, safe standing, the telly's in bar72 etc can all wait just now. Surely the number one thing to be addressed is today's developments.

What’s being done to improve the catering. Could the club inform us when the contract with Elior is up? Still can’t pay by card, which is a bugbear.

When are we getting safe standing? (Yes I know, the topic is getting boring now but it should be viewed as a priority)

We require more transparency from the board. Be honest with the fans, why has the safe standing issue dragged on for so long, be open with us.

Can we move the smaller teams fans away from the corner? It’s losing us a lot of money when teams like Hamilton, Livingston, St Johnstone, Ross County etc take up a meagre amount of their allocation. Can we move them up to the club deck in the top corner and give our fans the better seats, it would also save segregation costs. Not to mention increase our profits on match day. It’s also an eyesore on TV seeing all the empty seats.

Retail,

Anyone wanting official merchadise on a matchday has to buy it from a tiny portacabin in a manky corner between queues for burger vans and the pub, meanwhile the previous two premises behind the east corner and under the Edmiston club lie empty.

Yeah the portacabin has been great for folk approaching from the subway and buses that park at that end but theres still nothing for those fans approaching the stadium from the west.

Not sure how much the club can do regarding today's developments but hopefully something can be done.

Apart from hmrc / ashley etc that may take time, quick fixes are improving catering / match day experience.
More staff at kiosks, staff that are numerate, contactless payment, quooker taps that can do hot and cold water in an instant and not a dribble.
Better variety of food that is not expensive.
Programme sellers on concourses within stadium.
Clean the toilets

Also, is there anyway we can cut back in stewarding and policing. Absolute overkill in the Broomloan and Copland corners at the gates. Around 10-15 stewards at each corner for no reason, more money down the drain.

Can the board also answer why we don’t have similar policing costs to Celtic? They have a bigger capacity stadium and are paying a much smaller amount than us. The club need to be more proactive on things like this

Now that the Old Firm Final emails are out/in the process of being sent out we can move on to some other things for a bit.

I'm interested in what fans think are the biggest issues at the club and the things that we would most like to see.

For me the clubs biggest problem at this point is it's place in the PR war. We are an easy target.

Greg, is there any chance as this thread grows you could possibly keep us updated with what if any of the suggestions you are going to look into further?

And equally as important, if you won't be taking any particular issue further perhaps being able to give some perspective on why? As I understand not everything can be fixed overnight.

Be great to put to bed some longer standing frustrations in advance of the clubs anniversary celebrations.

Cheers

Last edited:

So there’s still emails to be sent out?

As an ex shareholder of oldco and given the revelations from The Times what are the club going to do re issuing a statement etc?

I’ve been a season ticket holder for over 33 years and whilst I realise your brainstorming ideas are good the pressing matter on everyone’s mind is what are we going to do about HMRC?

The HMRC issue is a scandal and at this moment the club need to respond and the other ideas can wait

We would like a better standard of travel club. It’s become a farce, because a lot of the staff are good people. Something is seriously wrong there.

Atmosphere is rank rotten when are we getting safe standing in the broomloan?

No bullshit excuses Kilmarnock are doing it now.

Also, is there anyway we can cut back in stewarding and policing. Absolute overkill in the Broomloan and Copland corners at the gates. Around 10-15 stewards at each corner for no reason, more money down the drain.

Can the board also answer why we don’t have similar policing costs to Celtic? They have a bigger capacity stadium and are paying a much smaller amount than us. The club need to be more proactive on things like this

Yip that’s another one move away fans to BF1 or when we play teams that bring less than 100 move them to the club deck and open the corner up to Rangers fans
We must be losing a fortune.

Obviously what is in the news today.

But also, to be able to purchase tickets online when overseas. Ticket site is closed for hours during the night UK time, a nightmare when I cannot access at those times in Australia.
Updates on the season ticket waiting list, where the individual actually is on the list.

Click and collect on merchandise at the Rangers shop in town, or collect near the stadium on match days

Merchandise, have more stalls around Ibrox

Food and drink inside the ground, decent food and drink, change the menus

Away fans at Ibrox into the club deck

Official Rangers FC app and where buying tickets is easy

Produce more of last seasons orange tops to be able to purchase

We would like a better standard of travel club. It’s become a farce, because a lot of the staff are good people. Something is seriously wrong there.
I agree with this.
With Rangers now hopefully back competing in Europe on a yearly basis, and with the huge numbers that travel/want to travel, this is a service that needs look at/ organised much better.
With the additional money charged to be a official travel club member, surely this could fund a dedicated “travel club team/department”, even if it is only 1/2 people?

Haven’t gone through all the replies. The issues I see (ignoring today’s news)

1. PR department - can say almost anything about Rangers and our fans without consequence - it must be addressed.

2. The BBC - what are the club doing about the shoddy coverage we get? The BBC are not banned from Ibrox but choose not to cover our home games. How is that fair treatment of our tv license payers?

3. The retail deal - may not be able to say much but I’d be interested to know what the latest situation here is.

4. Away ticketing - it doesn’t seem to be a very organised or clear process for how tickets are allocated.

5. Match day experience - how do they plan to improve it?

Is there any way for travel club members to collect fellow members match tickets?
Some of the turnarounds during the summer were very tight and fans had to travel to Glasgow from England and Northern Scotland to collect before travelling

Obviously what is in the news today.

But also, to be able to purchase tickets online when overseas. Ticket site is closed for hours during the night UK time, a nightmare when I cannot access at those times in Australia.
Updates on the season ticket waiting list, where the individual actually is on the list.

Click and collect on merchandise at the Rangers shop in town, or collect near the stadium on match days

Merchandise, have more stalls around Ibrox

Food and drink inside the ground, decent food and drink, change the menus

Away fans at Ibrox into the club deck

Official Rangers FC app and where buying tickets is easy

Produce more of last seasons orange tops to be able to purchase

Not sure of the viability but an option to collect tickets from the St. Enoch store would be good.

As others have said, an overhaul of the match day experience.

Oh, and the minor issue of that Times story.

Still on tickets and I know we have spoken about this before but I really think the CCCS for both Semi's/Finals and Away Games need to be looked at.

Have asked this exact question at the AGM in both 2017 and 18. Will bring it up again this year and report back.

Bar72 should be the minimum standard across the stadium, any chance of normal punters being given the chance to buy a beer in Ibrox without having to pay £1k?

Scottish rules prevent that being able to be rolled out across the concourses

The way the Travel Club dealt with the tight turnarounds last year were pretty poor.

The lack of a loyalty scheme that rewards long-serving fans which gives equal weighting to everyone irrespective of years of money given to the club.

Safe standing.

Continued/better use of the screens.

More portaloos around Ibrox to prevent overcrowding in toilets.

The Facilities inside the stadium.
Not able to get drinking water
can’t wash hands with warm water in toilets
& ongoing Catering issues.

On away matches the amount of fans standing in wrong section sometimes in the wrong stand or on stairwell is increasing week on week. There’s very poor stewarding at away stadiums.

Latest posts

Back