Questions for the club

Now that the Old Firm Final emails are out/in the process of being sent out we can move on to some other things for a bit.

I'm interested in what fans think are the biggest issues at the club and the things that we would most like to see.

Just a little bit of brainstorming

staying with the tickets, I’d like to know why my son and I have had one ticket all Season (Livingston away cup) not one league nor semi or final ticket, fair old odds that, don’t you think ?

The Facilities inside the stadium.
Not able to get drinking water
can’t wash hands with warm water in toilets
& ongoing Catering issues.

On away matches the amount of fans standing in wrong section sometimes in the wrong stand or on stairwell is increasing week on week. There’s very poor stewarding at away stadiums.

Bottled water is now at every kiosk - that's something at least :)

Away fans is a supporter culture thing - hard for Rangers to enforce and there is little incentive for away clubs to do so

I agree with this.
With Rangers now hopefully back competing in Europe on a yearly basis, and with the huge numbers that travel/want to travel, this is a service that needs look at/ organised much better.
With the additional money charged to be a official travel club member, surely this could fund a dedicated “travel club team/department”, even if it is only 1/2 people?
There needs to be some forward thinking with this. Best cash deal for Rangers when it comes to travel partner is not necessary the best option. TC were shite. Let’s not pretend they weren’t.

People would pay more money for more flexibility/better service with a better firm, and that in turn would increase the amount of people who would choose to use them. Everyone then wins.

The comment someone made about the fans being an inconvenience is also completely correct. I accept we have some zoomers in our support, but our staff shouldn’t judge our support by the worst of them. We deserve to be treated with courtesy and respect. We are the client and should be treated as such.

staying with the tickets, I’d like to know why my son and I have had one ticket all Season (Livingston away cup) not one league nor semi or final ticket, fair old odds that, don’t you think ?

Easy enough to answer - domestic away CCCS isn't split by cup and league so you are on one away game.

Semi final if you were on the semi/finals CCCS you were allocated a ticket - so if you didn't get one you aren't signed up

Dad, is that you?
I’m In the same boat mate, don’t get it when some folk have had 2/3 away briefs.

The CCCS is fair for all ST holders signed up to it, it must not be replaced by a loyalty points system which makes it a closed shop for big games. Rangers would lose out on severe revenue as people would not sign up to all non ST games if they have no chance getting a ticket for the big games. All ST holders should be treated equally and a ballot is the fairest way to do that

Bottled water is now at every kiosk - that's something at least :)

Away fans is a supporter culture thing - hard for Rangers to enforce and there is little incentive for away clubs to do so

Glad to hear it. Although in Broomloan rear at the last home game I asked if they had water and there was none.

I see Rangers stewards at away matches and some familiar faces at most away games within the stewards. I think there could be something more done with that regard. However I say that as a guy taking his kid not as the guy on a day out with mates after a few beers. So I do get your point on that

Dad, is that you?
I’m In the same boat mate, don’t get it when some folk have had 2/3 away briefs.

if you’re 9 then aye :D

likewise, I’ve not had a sniff of league, got the livi cup game, invited to apply for the tickets Hearts sent back and nothing for the final.

Somethings not right in allocations.

Getting a licensed premises (fanzone would have been ideal) for people who fancy a beer in close proximity to the stadium on matchdays and want to put the money in to the club.
It's a must
We should getting people in early and keeping them in the stadium as long as possible after the match

Move the away fans to BF1. Looks horrible on tv when you see a 98% full Ibrox with 13 fans in the away end with about 500 empty seats separating them from the Broomloan and Copland.
An update on the stadium capacity as I believe feasibility checks have now been completed.

A few things for me.
The concession stands at the stadium are a joke for a club of our size. Why in the world don’t they have contactless as well?

I’d love the toilets to be modernised a bit, especially the urinals as you’re always pissing on your own shoes basically.

a much beaten drum but safe standing is a must to enhance the atmosphere which is at times dismal.

maybe a bit of a contentious one, but much the same as the “family stand” signage coming down, I’d prefer the Sandy Jardine signage either on the sides of the stands either internally or externally but not up next to the Rangers FC.

I’d like in an ideal world for the club to be more robust in its dealings with certain elements of the media and the governing body, granted I don’t know what does go on behind closed doors.

as was touched on in the fan survey I think some form of loyalty scoring for the CCCS semis and finals. For instance a ticket being purchased in earlier rounds would get you a set amount of points. Then bonus points for attending or using the option to sell back to the club.
Hopefully that’s the kind of thing you were looking for @Greg Marshall

Matchday music/DJ a disgrace

Still nothing on safe standing

2022 fast approaching , still no work started on memorial garden , has it just been dropped altogether due to the dispute ? What other works are proposed for our 150th year ? It’s going to be upon us soon .

2022 fast approaching , still no work started on memorial garden , has it just been dropped altogether due to the dispute ? What other works are proposed for our 150th year ? It’s going to be upon us soon .
Rangers and memorial garden were in court today. Not sure of the outcome.

Ladies toilets in the Broomloan Front are awful. No toilet seats, only (unhygienic) wooden brackets, and no hot water. Badly needing a refurb, especially now that no away fans get to use/wreck them.

Jeez, you’re a brave man asking what are the ‘biggest issues’ today of all days @Greg Marshall .

Might have been better left a few days until we see where The Times story is going.

For other ideas, just a few would be:

The retail ‘situation’ is the biggest issue right now. Needs sorted

Most like to sees would include Safe Standing, progress on the Membership Scheme and an upgrade to the website and RangersTV platforms.
Better food on matchday aswel getting to the point a dont even want to buy a juice now

Another thing to add to your point, we’re left in the dark with issues like the memorial garden dispute. A simple message on the website would do instead of us guessing what’s happening.

We were promised transparency, we’re not getting that from the board. Of course if it’s in court not much can be said in relation to the case, but a wee update notifying the fans is all that’s needed.

Now that the Old Firm Final emails are out/in the process of being sent out we can move on to some other things for a bit.

I'm interested in what fans think are the biggest issues at the club and the things that we would most like to see.

Greg,

Safe Standing & increasing the capacity of the stadium, which I guess could become the same issue.

The CCCS is fair for all ST holders signed up to it, it must not be replaced by a loyalty points system which makes it a closed shop for big games. Rangers would lose out on severe revenue as people would not sign up to all non ST games if they have no chance getting a ticket for the big games. All ST holders should be treated equally and a ballot is the fairest way to do that

Im not sure how someone who doesn’t bother to go to a game against a Peterhead at Ibrox In an early round for instance getting the same chance at a ticket for a semi or final as someone who has is fair?

Any loyalty scheme in my eyes should only be based on cup games @ home.
buy a ticket, you get points (5)
Use it and you get more points (3)
Sell it back and you get points as well (2)

numbers in brackets an example of points.
I don’t see how that kind of system could be deemed unfair?
everyone has the chance of 7 points if they buy and can’t go but sell back to the club for instance. I’m sure better minds than mine can come up with better. The CCCS for me isn’t fair. If I go to every cup game at home that season and then Tom dick or Harry don’t they shouldn’t get the same opportunity at a big game.

Safe standing in the Broomloan Front.
Contactless/Card payments at Kiosks.
DJ mix on Matchdays needs improved
Print your own tickets if bought online

Do the club have any intention of going all guns blazing for HMRC and their gross negligence that caused catastrophic damage to Scotland largest and most decorated sporting institution!?

I think we have every right as fans of the club to sue HMRC on behalf of the club for damages, loss of earnings, losing multi million pound assets (players), being kicked out the league, the list is endless.

Absolutely sick to the pit of my stomach that those bastards have caused so much unnecessary damage and hurt to so many people.

Do the club have any intention of going all guns blazing for HMRC and their gross negligence that caused catastrophic damage to Scotland largest and most decorated sporting institution!?

I think we have every right as fans of the club to sue HMRC on behalf of the club for damages, loss of earnings, losing multi million pound assets (players), being kicked out the league, the list is endless.

Absolutely sick to the pit of my stomach that those bastards have caused so much unnecessary damage and hurt to so many people.

BIG BIG ISSUE TO US ALL GF.

Concession stands - choice and price both not great but the inability to pay using contactless is a huge issue for me as I never carry cash

Stewards - I sit in the first few rows of one of the front stands and at the end of each half, the stewards come down the stairs and stand blocking the view of everyone low down. Can we get them a seat or a stool?

Programmes - I get they’re available physically and digitally but you have to purchase each separately. It would be nice if there would be some way to redeem a free digital copy if you purchase a physical one.

1. Distribution of non home game tickets

Quite frankly the current system is a sham. How folk that have only just joined the cccs this season get tickets for finals before folk that have been on the scheme since it started is quite simply a farce.

A points system or some form of loyalty has to be built into the scheme moving forward. Some form of tiered system depending on how long you’ve been on the cccs for decided who is front of queue for balloted games

Same with the above for the away scheme as well. Some form of points system backdated to 2015 after the season ticket boycott.

2. Safe standing

Just get it done, full Broomloan Front. Sooner the better as the atmosphere at Ibrox is woeful if truth be told. Porto was embarrassing for a game of that magnitude.

3. Catering

The price of food at Ibrox is a shambles, no other way of putting it.

Im not sure how someone who doesn’t bother to go to a game against a Peterhead at Ibrox In an early round for instance getting the same chance at a ticket for a semi or final as someone who has is fair?

Any loyalty scheme in my eyes should only be based on cup games @ home.
buy a ticket, you get points (5)
Use it and you get more points (3)
Sell it back and you get points as well (2)

numbers in brackets an example of points.
I don’t see how that kind of system could be deemed unfair?
everyone has the chance of 7 points if they buy and can’t go but sell back to the club for instance. I’m sure better minds than mine can come up with better. The CCCS for me isn’t fair. If I go to every cup game at home that season and then Tom dick or Harry don’t they shouldn’t get the same opportunity at a big game.
You going to fingerprint everyone that uses a ticket to see if its the ticket holder attending? As it stands everyone on cccs pays for non ST games, the club benefits from guaranteed revenue and those on cccs have the opportunity to get semi final/final tickets. The demand will go down once again once we start winning trophies regularly, everyone at the minute like the beginning of the Souness era wants to be there to see us back winning stuff. Nobody had problems getting tickets for most of 9 in a row or Advocaat and Mcleish era's.

Why do I always miss out on SFs/Fs V Them.

Surely there can be some sort of system in place that means those who were (and still are eligible) at the time and missed out are top of the pile?

Seems fundamentally unfair that folk have been to both the last two games against them at Hampden and I’ve been to neither

The opportunity to be able to print tickets at home or be able to access them thru your phone

Clearly ticket allocations are main bugbear. Some people get 2 others get 4. This is in itself wrong. Even taking grade A games into consideration, I have had 1 hearts ticket but have a pal that has had 3. Why?

You going to fingerprint everyone that uses a ticket to see if its the ticket holder attending? As it stands everyone on cccs pays for non ST games, the club benefits from guaranteed revenue and those on cccs have the opportunity to get semi final/final tickets. The demand will go down once again once we start winning trophies regularly, everyone at the minute like the beginning of the Souness era wants to be there to see us back winning stuff. Nobody had problems getting tickets for most of 9 in a row or Advocaat and Mcleish era's.
No, quite simply if the ticket is used. No need for it to be the person them self. It would potentially increase attendances at the smaller games which would be great.
I’m speaking as someone who doesn’t miss matches and has got a cup final ticket

but my father in law wasn’t so lucky & it’s plain wrong that a fair weather fan gets a ticket and he puts not just the money but also the time into Rangers & doesn’t get one.

In no particular order

- safe standing
- disabled facilities
- quality and choice of food
- state of the toilets in the broomloan rear (probably others)
- moving the UB’s
- please clean the support frame of the clubdeck :D

Bigger issues which clearly require comment or further discussion

- retail
- tax case
- what’s the plans for 2022?

Still on tickets and I know we have spoken about this before but I really think the CCCS for both Semi's/Finals and Away Games need to be looked at.

Posted this the other day but this is what I would propose.....

A new scheme which is back-dated to 2015. Let's call it the "Away Scheme"

Only available to STH's who have been signed up to the CCCS/Away CCCS from 2015-present day and you pay a fee (approx £50 to join) and it includes tickets to all away games (Hampden Semi's/Finals, Away League and League Cup/Scottish Cup games and Euro Away games). Every new season ticket holder can join from next season however you start off on zero points.

STH's from 2015 start off with 5 points + however many TC points you have to date. 2015 is fair season to backdate from as it was first season after the boycott.

2016 new season ticket Holders on CCCS 4 points + however many TC points you have to date.

2017 new season ticket Holders on CCCS 3 points + however many TC points you have to date.

2018 new season ticket Holders on CCCS 2 points + however many TC points you have to date

2019 new Season Ticket Holders on CCCS 1 point + however many TC points you have to date.

When we receive an allocation for each game away from Ibrox it operates similarly to the current Travel Club scheme. The club receive the allocation and open up sales to each level per day. If the sales start at 5 points then it would only be available for people on 5 points to begin with who would go online to get a ticket. If the demand isn't high then it opens ups to each level until its a sell out. Each game has a points rating and for every ticket you take you get an additional point/points. For example Ross County/Aberdeen midweek would maybe get you double points as the majority going to that have to likely travel a distance.

The Travel Club aspect of it would remain the same as it works currently which is perfectly fair.

When allocations are small for away games (like Celtic for example), it would only be available to start off to those on big points. Livingston would likely open up to a low level. People who are new STH'S can build points from games at Hampden - like the semi vs Hearts when everyone got a ticket who was on CCCS and away games like Livingston and St Johnstone where most people have got a ticket. It would open up to that level.

RSC's would still also get a percentage of each allocation for the first 3 years. After this, away tickets would only be available to those on the new Away Scheme. This wouldn't be the end of RSC's as is often worried as those who are still getting tickets would still obviously use the bus they go on. If they attend every single game which is normally the case, they will have enough members on a decent points rating to ensure they get tickets.

This is purely just hypothetical but we all know the Away CCCS is over subscribed and something needs to give. It's definitely not fair that people just joining the scheme this season can get a ticket for this final over people that have been going for years. It's just my idea and I know it's likely going to get pelters and not please everyone so if anyone has any other ideas, let's hear them.

Back