Cup Final Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's not. This is the same argument we all had with Laudrup's right foot.

It's one way of analysing value or loyalty. Another is direct investment in Rangers - home games. Away games don't generate income.

Another way would be by value of season ticket, which by the way would suit me. But I would accept that's a bit distorted. Everyone having a chance seems to me to be a fair way of doing it while bringing less value judgements.

Longevity, which brings with it that financial investment, is probably the most significant.

Only problem with a points based system is that the guys who go every week, will go every week as they have the points, and they will continue to accrue points. Anyone who doesn’t go regularly has no chance of getting to a game, as they can’t get on the ladder.

Scotland have a points based system that works as there are less desirable games, there are away games that go down to 0 and 1 pointers which help you get on the ladder.

How many Rangers games do you think would go down to 0 and 1 pointers? None.

We would end up in a situation where it’s the same what? 1000-3000 guys going to every away /cup game, how is that fair on the 100,000’s of other Rangers fans out there?

As pointed out above, the criteria for getting a ticket to this final is;
have a season ticket
Have purchased a ticket to every non season ticket home game this season.

Every one who received an email today has met that criteria.. how can anyone argue that they are more entitled? How can anyone argue that system isn’t fair?

We are all bears at the end of the day, we all want to be there, but not everyone can.

I say well done to the bears who are successful in the ballot, go and enjoy the game and let’s bring it home!
I have met the criteria and have not had an e-mail confirmation that I have been allocated a ticket even attended the 4 consecutive home friendlies so more than a bit hacked off tonight

Only problem with a points based system is that the guys who go every week, will go every week as they have the points, and they will continue to accrue points. Anyone who doesn’t go regularly has no chance of getting to a game, as they can’t get on the ladder.

Scotland have a points based system that works as there are less desirable games, there are away games that go down to 0 and 1 pointers which help you get on the ladder.

How many Rangers games do you think would go down to 0 and 1 pointers? None.

We would end up in a situation where it’s the same what? 1000-3000 guys going to every away /cup game, how is that fair on the 100,000’s of other Rangers fans out there?

As pointed out above, the criteria for getting a ticket to this final is;
have a season ticket
Have purchased a ticket to every non season ticket home game this season.

Every one who received an email today has met that criteria.. how can anyone argue that they are more entitled? How can anyone argue that system isn’t fair?

We are all bears at the end of the day, we all want to be there, but not everyone can.

I say well done to the bears who are successful in the ballot, go and enjoy the game and let’s bring it home!
All decent points, mate. I've not said anything about a points system, though.

Just thinking about alternatives, Scotland’s points based system is the only other one I have knowledge of.

Be interesting to hear what you have in mind though?

All decent points, mate. I've not said anything about a points system, though.

I was just thinking of alternate systems and Scotland’s point based one is the only other one I have knowledge of for comparison.

Be interesting to hear what you have in mind?

Im, unfortunately, not in the position or have the circumstance to get to every game, have a st, on the cccs, get to the odd away game, so I’m always going to fall on the side, which promotes a system which allows me to have the opportunity to get to away and cup games.

Guys who go week in week out, are going to fall on the side of a system which makes it as likely as possible that they will be rewarded for making every game with tickets to every game.

Why do RSC’s get tickets ? Is that a serious question ?

of course some don’t miss out they go every week .
You're not getting this are you. Why do we have a scenario where some fans who happen to be members of an RSC get tickets for every single match, while some, like me, are lucky to get 3 away tickets per season and risk missing big finals, etc.

No fairness there.

Is that it finished now? Been really lucky over the years but I think this is the first time I've missed out in 15 years. I was probably due one.
My brother is the same , been fortunate to have been allocated for almost every game for as long as you but missed out this time.

Assuming I can now stop looking at my email every 5 minutes, I am in the same boat as a lot of us here. Bitterly disappointed but I have to accept it. Been to all domestic Semis and Finals since 1970. Hopefully the guys who have posted that they have tickets and it is their sons first final will have the same result as I got in my first final.

Now : who is going to be our Derek Johnstone in 2019?

I have met the criteria and have not had an e-mail confirmation that I have been allocated a ticket even attended the 4 consecutive home friendlies so more than a bit hacked off tonight

It’s a ballot mate, there are not enough tickets to meet demand, my point is if you have met the criteria and I have met the criteria, and I get one and you don’t, why do you feel you are more entitled to that ticket than me?

As someone who hasn't missed a domestic game and has been to a couple of Europa games this season, including Switzerland and has missed out in this ballot, I agree with you.

We all knew the criteria when we signed up.

It's still a bastard though mate.
I'm the same. I have been very lucky up till now with the ballot.

I'm staying positive, £45 saved.

Does make me laugh how you get they type of posts when it’s a game that everyone wants a ticket for, and not when RSCs are losing a fortune because they have to shift ridiculous amounts for lesser games.
Are you referring to home or away "lesser" games?

Garbage, folk shouldn't be entitled to ticket no matter what the game is. I feel for folk who go almost every game but we need to have a pathway for ALL our fans to get to big games. Hate the self entitled pish
The pathway would be attend more games and you'll move up the list. Fans who go everywhere should be able to get a ticket for the final.

You're not getting this are you. Why do we have a scenario where some fans who happen to be members of an RSC get tickets for every single match, while some, like me, are lucky to get 3 away tickets per season and risk missing big finals, etc.

No fairness there.
Why does nobody complain when supporters clubs are left with excess tickets ? They’re guaranteed income for the club because they take tickets at all times .

No fairness there.
The answer is staring you right in the face.

Nonsense.

Rangers should prioritise those who have spent more money on the club than others. That is fairer.

Almost every other system in which there is essentially a customer/brand relationship rewards longer-serving individuals for their loyalty. I don't expect Tesco to give me lots of vouchers for money off when I shop at Asda. Why should a football club be any different?
Stop it!

I apply for all home games, cup semi and finals plus away matches. I would go to every game if I could get tickets. The only way folk can get tickets for every match is through an RSC. That is fundamentally unfair. It creates a 2 tier hierarchy of fans. Those who get one chance in a ballot vs those who rarely miss out.

Genuine question, if you were guaranteed a ticket for every game up until now including the european games, would you have went to every one?

There’s a small % of fans who can say they’ve been to almost every game who deserve tickets. You go on about people being handed tickets for every game off RSCs - I’ve been to every domestic away game so far and managed to pick up spares from other CCCS away scheme members for every one (I’ve only had Livi and Killie through my ST)

You’re either ignorant or you’re tunnel visioned towards RSCs, either way you don’t understand reality

Been busy at work and not been online so no idea tickets were due out. Just read my emails and nearly pissed my pants when I read that I had one.

Nice surprise.

The ticket office do a fantastic job. God bless each and every one of them. :)

Nonsense.

Rangers should prioritise those who have spent more money on the club than others. That is fairer.

Almost every other system in which there is essentially a customer/brand relationship rewards longer-serving individuals for their loyalty. I don't expect Tesco to give me lots of vouchers for money off when I shop at Asda. Why should a football club be any different?

Well do you need to factor money spent in the rangers shop?

The loyalty approach makes logical sense but it includes inherent unfairness based on being and incumbent fan which evidently suits bears like yourself.

Its not fair from a objective point of view based on this point in time

Didn’t get a ticket. Absolutely gutted.

In fairness, I genuinely can’t remember the last semi or final that I didn't get a ticket for. Not missed any semi or final over the last few years and in honesty since I was a kid in the early 2000s I don’t recall ever not being at a final.

Probably well over due missing out on a ticket, but it doesn’t make it any less devastating.

It’s a ballot mate, there are not enough tickets to meet demand, my point is if you have met the criteria and I have met the criteria, and I get one and you don’t, why do you feel you are more entitled to that ticket than me?
I’m not saying I am more entitled I am just saying I am hacked off I haven’t got one. Where did I say I was more entitled.

In fairness, I genuinely can’t remember the last semi or final that I didn't get a ticket for. Not missed any semi or final over the last few years and in honesty since I was a kid in the early 2000s I don’t recall ever not being at a final.

Probably well over due missing out on a ticket, but it doesn’t make it any less devastating.

likewise and when you hear of folk that only joined this season getting one it leaves a bit of a bitter taste in the mouth tbh.

Seems to be the case that fans who have received tickets for mostly every game at Hampden are no longer getting one.

My mate has had a ticket for every Hampden game since 2003/4 and this is the first game in dozens that he's not been allocated one. Seems to be a few on the thread. Strange.

I’m in the same boat, couldn’t tell you the last cup game at Ibrox or Hampden that I’ve missed, and not got an email, probably due to miss out on one but doesn’t make it any easier , hopefully get one through another means

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back