Cup Final Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I’ve not got a ticket. Have to say I’m disappointed and not gutted. That shite hole is a nightmare in every way.

I’ll just look forward to hunkering down in my rangers local with several pints and when we win I’ll be buying a few bottles of fizz to pass round the bar.

i kind of thought I’d miss out having got a semi final ticket. Hope everyone has the best day and we stuff the mentally challenged scum once and for all.

How we could employ a loyalty system would take more qualified staff to deal with the numbers.

I don’t disagree that every season ticket holder who signed up on the cccs for all home games got involved in the ballet even though the majority of them weren’t at or wouldn’t even consider going to Livingston away in the quarter final, which I was at.

But in saying that I think the club needs to introduce a loyalty system but it will be chaos wether it be from beginning next season at 0 attendance for everyone or trying to go through records who was in RSC’s and the CCC’s when it wasn’t so promising times.

I've been lucky and got a ticket for the final.

I would expect those that missed out for this game will take priority when it comes to the Scottish Cup should we meet them in he semi final / final.

They can have priority when it comes to the semi. We'll be back front of the queue when it comes to the final mate. ;)

I've asked so many times and still not got an answer.

How do we all get these tickets that get us to all games?

I take every ticket made available to me, I can't make Rangers allocate me more.
Couldn't agree more, I’ve been to every home game and aways when lucky enough to get allocated a ticket plus six aways in Europe this year, I was lucky in this ballot and yes I’d be gutted if I hadn’t been but if you have numerous ways of getting tickets that others don’t you are no more entitled than the next fan!

Fair point, however this is a case of supply and demand. 40 odd thousand season ticket holders v 20 ish thousand cup final tickets. I believe a ballot is the only answer.
I say that as a season ticket holder on cccs who got a ticket for the semi, but not it would seem for the final.
loyalty points would be criticised also, just read the travel club threads.

Yeah I suppose there is no way of keeping everybody happy.

I didn’t get one and I’m really disappointed. I have been unlucky in every ballot against them at Hampden since the semi final in 2016. It’s sickening but it looks like the pub will be getting our money instead of Rangers :oops:

No joy for me. One of my pals from the Kent area has just told me he got one for the West Stand. Just your luck I suppose!

Some fair points in that post I suppose but I still don’t think it’s right or fair that new season ticket holders this season can be eligible for one over those who have been in the scheme much longer.

These kind of games should be done like the Travel Club. A points system.
Travel Club points system works because it is for a very specific subset of Rangers games, European away ties and other matches have no impact on it, as they shouldn’t. Going to all the league games home and away shouldn’t get you a ticket for Rotterdam over someone who has made all the Euro away trips for talking sake.

To be a fair system similar to TC it would have to be League Cup games only which in this instance would mean the semi was massively undersubscribed in the first instance and then a free for all for the remaining tickets and we’d still be in the position of having a ballot anyway for the final due to the numbers at the Hearts game.

Ballot for all on the CCCS is the fairest way and I say that as someone missing out on a final for the first time since 2000.

There’s a waiting list for season books. When you get the privilege of joining and paying your money, you get all the benefits of applying for away ticket and if apply, all cup games.

I’m up the marble staircase for a swally but got 1. Shat it n no can’t afford

I was there too but the crowd was over 25k for that one . Do I get my staunch point reinstated? (The derby game was day after my dad died as well, any compassion points on offer?)
RANGERS: Foderingham; Tavernier (Flanagan, 64), Helander (Goldson, 64), Katic, Barisic (Halliday, 64); Kamara, Davis (Polster, 64) Docherty; Arfield (Aribo, 64), Jones (Ojo, 60), Defoe (Morelos, 72).

SUBS NOT USED: Firth, Edmundson.

DERBY COUNTY: Roos, Keogh, Dowell, Waghorn, Lawrence, Jozefzoon, Evans, Bennett, Bogle, Huddlestone, Malone.

SUBS: Mitchell, Shinnie, Martin, Lowe, Davies, Sibley, Bird, Anya, Buchanan, Whittaker.

REFEREE: Kevin Clancy

ATTENDANCE: 19,843
(sorry to hear about your dad)

People really can be arseholes.

I got a ticket today, but can’t go to final as I’m overseas. I know a number of people who didn’t get a ticket from CCSS. So my brief is obviously going to one of them.

A friend is now raging as I am not giving it to her to give to someone who I don’t know.

WTAF?

Lucky to get 3 in the ballot today for me and my two sons.

Gutted for the guys who missed out - there was always going to be ‘winners and losers’ with this set up, fortunately for us we got lucky this time.

Will be my youngest sons first ever cup final, my eldest has only ever seen us lift silverware against Peterhead, so on a personal level I can’t wait to be there with them to witness us pumping the Celts.
And this, my friend, is why the ballot for season ticket holders and all home games is the fairest system. I hope your youngsters see a cup winning team and they will talk about this day for the next 70 years if they are lucky.

For those that missed out, I genuinely feel sorry for you but come on....get your big boy pants on. There will be other finals. Too many bears want to be there and not enough seats.

If I didn't get one, I'd be gutted, but I would see more of the game on tv than the West Stand.

I mentioned earlier in the thread I'm aware of supporters that buy a ST and CCCS and only attend 'bigger' games.

The clubs should track who is attending - and those with highest attendance get priority. Why should someone that goes to Ibrox every second week miss out to someone that only shows up if we play the beggars or euro games?

Does that make them an even more staunch supporter? Paying £800+ a season for eight or so matches? I'm not doubting you mate, but folk who pay for ST/CCCS and barely attend any matches must be in the smallest of minorities.

I've had my season ticket for over 30 years and have been on the CCCS for as far as I can remember. This is the first time I've not had a ticket in the ballot. Its disappointing but like many others I will try every avenue to get one.

There will be a small number of card payment failures. Payments to be taken from tomorrow (15th). Good luck bear.
I doubt they will be reallocated. I do however wonder if there will be spares after the RSCs have all had theirs

Did the Tims sell out their allocations or are they all rushing in to see the new team? The Bastards! :)

And this, my friend, is why the ballot for season ticket holders and all home games is the fairest system. I hope your youngsters see a cup winning team and they will talk about this day for the next 70 years if they are lucky.

For those that missed out, I genuinely feel sorry for you but come on....get your big boy pants on. There will be other finals. Too many bears want to be there and not enough seats.

If I didn't get one, I'd be gutted, but I would see more of the game on tv than the West Stand.
Agree with your sentiments. However at this moment, what I would give for tickets in Row A of the West Stand.

Well no email for me, but I shouldn’t complain as I missed the Friendly’s this year, fingers crossed I hear something tomorrow.

If we implement a loyalty scheme that some are suggesting we will quickly have a closed shop scenario. We must remain inclusive. Why should you be discriminated against because you're younger? Or maybe you couldn't afford a season ticket previously. It has to be done season at a time. You pay your money you get your place in the ballot.

My niece is 14 and got a ticket today as a season ticket holder. Her first old firm final. Her first cup final! That should be celebrated. These kids are our future and have seen nothing but shite in their lifetimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back