Questions for the club

Improvements in seating and ticketing to maximise atmosphere, attendance, income and fairer ticket availability for all.

There seems to be a fair proportion of our support in favour of a safe standing area, I reckon this should be given serious consideration by the club, as it is likely to improve match day atmosphere.

Review area set aside for away support when teams with a handful of supporters are visiting. It's infuriating seeing hundreds of empty seats in the away section, when the demand for tickets by our own support is so high. We would easily sell these empty seats, generating additional income for the club and getting more of our own fans in to back the team.

I'm a non ST holder, purchased public sale tickets for me and my daughter for every home game this season (league, europa league, friendlies) - with the exception of Celtic, due to no public sale. For league games these are normally the back rows/wings of the club deck. None of these tickets are available on public sale for the Celtic match, I can only presume these seats are given directly by the club to sponsors, etc. Some form of non ST holder membership scheme could be considered, giving regular non ST holder match goers access to some of these tickets - either by ballot or a points based system. This is probably insignificant to many ST holders, as they face their own issues with CCCS, ballots, away tickets, etc. But, being a non ST holder it's a bit of a scramble getting tickets for most home games via public sale/secondary ticketing. It's disappointing knowing these non ST holder seats which are normally available, are given to folk who aren't regular attendees for the biggest games of the season.

In light of 'THE TAINTED EIGHT!' Greg.

I would loooooove the Club to consider this:

In no particular order (most probably discussed already in this thread)

1. HMRC scandal - the club should try and offer some comment if they can.
  2. SD - when or can we expect closure?
  3. PR - lot of articles from certain “journalists” and news outlets go unchallenged - the club needs to speak out.
  4. Catering at Ibrox - poor choice, low quality, expensive and no facility to pay using contactless. When the current deal is up couldn’t we get proper companies in? Greggs for example?
  5. Ibrox and area surrounding it needs brought back up to standard - it’s painful to see how standards have declined over the years - the structural frame at The Club Deck badly needs sorted.
  6. Edmiston House - what are we looking to do regarding this?
  7. Club website - we should look to replicate Man Utd’s website - ours is very poor.
  8. Toilets throughout the ground are badly needing refurbished.
  9. Safe standing - there’s clearly a large section of the support looking for this.
  10. Why can’t you buy a programme from the same place you buy your pie? By introducing contactless the whole process is quicker.
  11. Membership scheme - easy way to generate more revenue and increase advertising etc. Could possibly work in a way to generate loyalty points for ticketing issues many have commented on.

Like has already been discussed, if the Club are serious about fan engagement then there are a number of easy things that can be done. How about a weekly Fan Engagement email - if the club can’t comment on certain legal matters then fine, even just to acknowledge that they’re aware and working to improve things. We’re almost all bringing up the same issues.

1. Club's response to the Tax revelation.
2. Safe standing - Apart from big Euro games/Celtic, the atmosphere generated from 50 000 supporters is ordinary, to be kind. Only the UB keep this going for the entire 90 minutes.
3. HR - Club is horrendous in attempting to defend the fans/counter fake news. Much as I hate to say it, we need to appoint a Hollicom type company. Our in-house 'solution' is a joke.
4. Disabled facilities - Cant imagine how difficult it must be to be disabled and try to support your team at Ibrox. (Not unique to us, but we should always strive to be the best at everything, both on an off the field)
5. Catering facilities - Will never need to be improved while you have a captive audience. Bring in some external catering companies who pay rent for their space and provide the supporters with a quality choice.
6. Toilets - Need to be upgraded and improved.
7. Move the away fans to the club deck. Should also have the benefit of reduced stewarding costs.
8. Membership scheme.
9. Travel Club
10. Reconsider the ballot scheme for semi final/final tickets.

It must be said that there has been a massive improvement in everything related to Rangers, since King and the 3 bears took over, (albeit from a very low bar), but merely be addressing some of the issues above and those raised throughout the thread, would generate a fair amount of goodwill from the support.

Safe standing think it will make the overall atmosphere better
Catering it’s rank rotten pies burgers etc
Way we deal with the mhedia in this country

The club’s stance on politics/media/PR/etc. is hopeless.

Surely Dave King must realise by now that the board made a terrible mistake in deciding this whole area should not receive anything other than minimal resources.

A dominant CEO with plc experience and political nous was required and we don’t have that.

The club’s website represents an example of where radical improvements could be made at relatively little expense.

Why not get Rangers fans with the relevant expertise to revamp the site?

Why not allow Rangers supporters to pen articles about the club’s history?

Indeed, why not turn it in to the first port of call for Rangers supporters sick of bias within the mainstream media?

The board should also have immediately removed employees within Ibrox who gave support to the spivs.

PR needs to be addressed.

Seems an absolute idiotic decision from the club to improve on so many fronts yet leave this area so badly neglected.

Our website is also shambolic.

Stewart Robertson mentioned a feasibility study for expanding the stadium capacity by 2-3000. Any detail on the outcome of this?

In a similar vein, have the board investigated the possibility of replacing the support structures for the roofs of the 3 newer stands to allow the corners to be filled to full height without replacing the actual roofs themselves

Finally, have any moves been made to secure the land around the Albion for expanded car parking including improved access/egress arrangements?

Out of curiosity, whats the chances that people that are on season tick waiting list, are actually going to get one. Does it depend on there stand preference or how does it work?

Now that the Old Firm Final emails are out/in the process of being sent out we can move on to some other things for a bit.

I'm interested in what fans think are the biggest issues at the club and the things that we would most like to see.

Just a little bit of brainstorming
The general match day experience is poor.
From the terrible food to the terrible music played before the match and at half time.
Most importantly though the atmosphere, safe standing and/or moving and expanding the union bears to a more prominent location is a must.

I’d also agree with the music, I can’t be arsed listening to Calvin Harris.

From 2pm until around 2:50pm (if it’s 3pm KO) should be Rangers songs only, we have plenty to fill that time period. Then let the fans build the atmosphere for the final 10 mins pre kick off. Then simply the best and blue sea of Ibrox can be used as normal.

Also can we stop the rave tunes right after we’ve scored, there’s nothing better than the Ibrox roar and we should be showcasing that to the world in Europe, not attempting to drown it out with Bits n Pieces.

The general match day experience is poor.

for me its get to the stadium as late as possible so less standing .Half time never go for somethign to eat or drink, the enclosure queue's are huge and its shite. Final whistle goes, leave to the pub.

Arrive as close to 3pm as possible, leave as quickly as you can. There's very little match day experience within Ibrox for normal punters

In the short term, the catering needs overhauled/modernised.
Safe standing to help the atmosphere and to relocate the away fans of possible. I sit near the front of the Sandy Jardine stand who employ the tallest ball boy in the world, maybe get him a seat to sit on!

Great. Now that we've fed all that back I am sure our SLO - who the club are forced and obliged to appoint by UEFA, not the club's choice - will get it all sorted and the board will get to work on these points straight away.

Does anyone really think there is any sincerity in any of this "engagement"??

They have this or a survey every year - and still our catering is shit, still no standing section, still UB's tucked away in BF1, still no PR, still failing to defend us in the media, still poor communications, still a poor matchday experience.

For context in order to achieve the highest licensing criteria, the club is obliged to appoint and an SLO, however that appointment can take many forms. In many clubs, the SLO role is a tack on to ticketing or marketing, in others its a volunteer role. The club has taken my role seriously and appointed me in a full-time position.

We have had the survey 2 years in a row. The fan update addressed much of the reactions to the first survey and the results of the second survey are influencing decisions. The issues in this thread have been discussed internally and many have pending solutions that will be revealed at the right time.

Safe Standing is complicated by many factors - including our club record ST sales. The club understands there is a demand for it among an element of the support.

For context in order to achieve the highest licensing criteria, the club is obliged to appoint and an SLO, however that appointment can take many forms. In many clubs, the SLO role is a tack on to ticketing or marketing, in others its a volunteer role. The club has taken my role seriously and appointed me in a full-time position.

We have had the survey 2 years in a row. The fan update addressed much of the reactions to the first survey and the results of the second survey are influencing decisions. The issues in this thread have been discussed internally and many have pending solutions that will be revealed at the right time.

Safe Standing is complicated by many factors - including our club record ST sales. The club understands there is a demand for it among an element of the support.
Understand it is very complicated, and glad i am not on the other side having to organise it, although that has been nearly 2 seasons it has been spoke about, is there any progress on it at all or still feasibility stage?

shouldn't be complicated. we rent our seats not own them they should be moved. You're not going to stop supporting the team because you're getting asked to sit somewhere else that would be ridiculously selfish

Ban all journalists.

No games covered by bbc home or away.

Improved press releases by the club.

Greggs to take over catering.

Better facilities for parents with children to eat and relax before the game (away from pubs).

I would like to say a big thank you for all the hard work and money by the Dave King and the board since taking ownership of the club.

So no real progress on anything. More pondering and lack of communication. Just as I thought.

Safe standing is only "complicated" if you want to make it complicated. No-one owns their bit of plastic. The club are making the implementation of safe standing seem impossible when it absolutely isn't.......if there was genuine intent!

I just wish Robertson and co would come out and admit that they don't want it and stop all these ridiculous delaying tactics.

Any chance of Chief Executive getting appointed?! Badly needed.

Another vote for safe standing.

Also feel the match day experience is pretty poor. People have been complaining about the music for years now, it´s something so easy to change but the club appear to be reluctant to change it. I do not want to be hearing the likes of Katie Perry or Justin Bieber 15 mins before kick off, there is a wealth of good Rangers songs yet we choose to ignore them. I don´t know if this is a tactic to draw in the younger fans but I assure you no one is coming to Ibrox to listen to chart music. We´re there for Rangers, nothing else.

Get those who want the safe standing to pay a little extra for there ST and get those who are having to move a little discount on there ST.

I’m sure that would be more than acceptable for both parties. I would happily pay a little extra for safe standing as the atmosphere sometimes is awful and I feel it would improve this.

Get those who want the safe standing to pay a little extra for there ST and get those who are having to move a little discount on there ST.

I’m sure that would be more than acceptable for both parties. I would happily pay a little extra for safe standing as the atmosphere sometimes is awful and I feel it would improve this.
Far too sensible mate.

But, I actually think if we were ever to get round to getting safe standing (no laughing at the back) it would probably be in the BF. And I think there would be least resistance to it from that area of the ground. I'd like to think most ST holders in there would jump at the chance to be part of a standing section. But if not, then, yes they could be given an alternative.

Clubs in Germany did all this with the minimum of fuss and it has been a resounding success. Their clubs understsnd fan culture and want to give their fans the best possible matchday experience. Here?? It couldn't be more different :(

Far too sensible mate.

But, I actually think if we were ever to get round to getting safe standing (no laughing at the back) it would probably be in the BF. And I think there would be least resistance to it from that area of the ground. I'd like to think most ST holders in there would jump at the chance to be part of a standing section. But if not, then, yes they could be given an alternative.

Clubs in Germany did all this with the minimum of fuss and it has been a resounding success. Their clubs understsnd fan culture and want to give their fans the best possible matchday experience. Here?? It couldn't be more different :(

most people stand anyway in BF so I think your right. Don’t have a clue what the clubs issue with it is.

I’m not an expert but I wouldn’t say it would be extremely costly.

Pies, safe standing, the telly's in bar72 etc can all wait just now. Surely the number one thing to be addressed is today's developments.

Pies and feckin televisions are you feckin joking there is more important issues than this sh*te

most people stand anyway in BF so I think your right. Don’t have a clue what the clubs issue with it is.

I’m not an expert but I wouldn’t say it would be extremely costly.
It certainly wouldn't be costly.

Kilmarnock are in the middle of the process of installing a section at their ground. 400 spaces, at a cost of £40k. So not costly at all.

Now that the Old Firm Final emails are out/in the process of being sent out we can move on to some other things for a bit.

I'm interested in what fans think are the biggest issues at the club and the things that we would most like to see.

Just a little bit of brainstorming
Champagne Jill out the jail

Pies and feckin televisions are you feckin joking there is more important issues than this sh*te
It all adds up though. And did you see the vlog from the Porto section when they were at Ibrox and the absolute slagging the pies/food took?! Doesn't create a good impression.

We should be looking to do the best we can in every single aspect of our club. It's called standards. These have slipped terribly.

It certainly wouldn't be costly.

Kilmarnock are in the middle of the process of installing a section at their ground. 400 spaces, at a cost of £40k. So not costly at all.
I didn’t know Kilmarnock are getting safe standing, no excuse for our board!

Plank of wood above me in the enclosure has been broke for years. Do i need to bring a plank and some nails to fix it myself?
How long has it been there? As we have had plenty of players over the recent years who could have been a replacement :cool:

“An alement”

The majority of folk who replied to the fan survey wanting safe standing.

Rangers were pish until very recently, why didn't you stop watching?

The womens team is part of the club, you don't have to actively support it but there is no reason not to make it the best it can be.

To me it’s a growth opportunity in the decades ahead Necro.

If we were to become number one in Scotland & play regularly in the CL I wouldn’t rule out 15,000 crowds if we were at home to Chelsea or Lyon or the likes given our crowds. And at home to the tims in a league game ?

But most are against it currently.

“An alement”

The majority of folk who replied to the fan survey wanting safe standing.
Exactly. And that "element" stand in their thousands at every away game.

It's like banging your head against a brick wall!

Stop playing pop music at full blast prior to kick off, quite clearly deliberately done too. Also stop playing music after a goal. That jumped the shark about 2001.
The music after the goal is utterly embarrassing and tin-pot.

There are far too many people within our club who have absolutely no idea what constitutes a proper football environment for fans within our stadium. They are so out of touch.

Engagemrnt, dialogue, understanding, communication and togetherness between the fans and the club is utterly abysmal.

Once in a blue moon they will send out the SLO to gather feedback, so it makes them look as if they are engaging with fans. Nothing happens. Tick box exercise.

Isn't the contract for the catering up in the summer, so I would imagine things like concourse improvements and paying via card will probably be implemented then.

Isn't the contract for the catering up in the summer, so I would imagine things like concourse improvements and paying via card will probably be implemented then.
Let's hope so mate, on both counts.

Would be nice to bring out catering set up into this century.

I am too old for it now but safe standing ,my preference at the Copland Rd stand, Catering, other than the occasional corporate day, I have not bought anything at the catering in 30 yrs. .It's so poor the match day experience is poor. I was in Vancouver last year and took in a game ,what a difference. The club web site is poor and not kept up to date. Excluding the last few days Tax case issue as that's obviously got to be dealt with. , I would look at our PR as it's so poor and reactive. It would take a long time but unlike others we appear to have no political backing to any great extent and this needs to be looked at. Others in the city have had this stitched up over the last 30 yrs.

Back