Pedro Chirivella a target?

Can everyone keep in mind that the 11 million figure has come from a random dude on the internet.

I hope we achieve that, but it's been banded about as gospel when it's nothing of the sort.

I don't think 11m is a stretch for Kamara, in todays market.

Fed up of us just letting players go, we have a model of buying cheap and selling big so we need to implement it. Kamara and Morelos are going to bring astronomical profit

I'm not saying the £11m is in any way accurate, but if you don't think knocking it out the park in Europe will have a massive effect on our ability to sell players at a massive profit, then you aren't fully understanding how things work.

We seem to have accepted how we traded in the past as being how things are. We are very much in the shop window now and should be trying to make such fees the norm.

It isn't impossible that we could command such fees for a player who came from excellent pedigree. Let's not forget that glen wasn't bumped out in England, he ran his contract down to allow him to move and show his capabilities.

With respect to any possible offers Rangers may or may not receive for Kamara in Januaery, before contemplating selling him at that time, the question that must be asked is: '...how would that impact our chances of winning the league...?'
Any potential transfer fee received for him, must therefore be weighed against the revenues Rangers would likely gain from their participation in the CL.

Aside from this, consideration has to be given to the huge psychological boost in morale/status that would come as a result of Rangers winning the league, not to mention the turmoil such an event would cause to the yahoos as they are forced to witness a power shift in the SPL - and see that their plots and schemes to destroy Rangers have failed.

£11 million (just using the figures on this thread) for a player who has started less than half our games and who cost us £50k a year ago would be far too good to turn down and would not hamper our chances significantly if we spent even 1/4 of the money wisely on a replacement.

For that cash it is an absolute no brainer decision for the board.
A player with with the capacity to become a great player for us, he has more potential than most Ive seen in a long time, sell now and repent at your leisure, we should do everything to keep him.

It should be noted that by all accounts Kamara is a stand out for Finland who are heading for the Euros.

His performances for them will influence the fee.

If there is any possible way the board are able to resist selling, unless to avoid financial disaster then kamara has to stay till the summer at least.

It's taken such a long time to put a team on the park who are genuinely capable of going toe to toe with the mentally challengeds and kamara is an integral part of that. We need to ask ourselves what price success? If selling him in January's window means we jeopardise our chances of becoming premier League champions then it should be a clear rebuffel to any potential bids regardless of the profit.
We'll need cash soon,mentally challengeds want to strip our lower league titles,on the grounds we shouldn't have been there

A player with with the capacity to become a great player for us, he has more potential than most Ive seen in a long time, sell now and repent at your leisure, we should do everything to keep him.
See, if we were not operating with a £10 million or so deficit this season alone, we absolutely should occasionally gamble on players improving in value. While we are operating a system that relies on sales we need to take good offers for players as they come in. Obviously that is caveated by saying we do not need to sell ALL our good players all the time, certain sales remove the need for other sales obviously.

If selling Kamara for £11 million is an option and it means we cover most of the losses for the year and get to keep, for argument's sake, Alfie until the summer, it would be the best player sale we ever conducted. By far.

I really rate Kamara, and would be delighted if he was part of the squad til the Summer.

However £11,000,000 is a no brainer. To make over 200x what you paid for a player is fantastic business.

Also this season he has only played in 6 league games this season for us, however has has been abig part of the team playing so well in Europe.

The main thing though is we have Jack, Davis, Aribo, King and Docherty, before even signing anyone else, and an £11,000,000 loss to make up financially.

We could wipe out the majority of that loss, re invest 3 or 4 million in his replacement, and still be in a great spot.

Regardless of his value, if we get close to 11m then we sell. Takes any pressure off having to accept big bids for Morelos.

Fairly simple business decision really.

“Pedro”

AnguishedCoarseFlamingo-size_restricted.gif

Regardless of his value, if we get close to 11m then we sell. Takes any pressure off having to accept big bids for Morelos.

Fairly simple business decision really.

It’s astonishing that anyone could think otherwise.

If anyone was to pay £11m for Kamara, it would just be lazy. It’s so EPL.

Do we think we could get a right good player for half of that? I would.

i really dont want to see us selling in january , surely this cant wait till summer time?
Surely you read the annual accounts which make it clear we require another £10m to see this season out? If we are offered silly money like this I'm afraid there is no option. Unfortunately we are not yet in a financial position to reject offers like this, if true of course.

I really like Kamara and was really happy when we signed him but if we sell him for £11m it wouldn’t be a major loss as we could get a player better for £3m

Surely you read the annual accounts which make it clear we require another £10m to see this season out? If we are offered silly money like this I'm afraid there is no option. Unfortunately we are not yet in a financial position to reject offers like this, if true of course.
You need to understand the accounts, along with the position we are actually in.

This is how we are trading at the moment. The accountants and auditors need to put these statements in the report for the benefit of the shareholders.

But what we know is the current group of directors are committed to personally underwriting any shortfall and more.

Therefore, no, we don't need to sell. But if the value is deemed acceptable than yes, we probably will sell.

Crazy selling Kamara especially if Finland qualify for the euros..If he as a good tournament his price could be sufficient more after..

You need to understand the accounts, along with the position we are actually in.

This is how we are trading at the moment. The accountants and auditors need to put these statements in the report for the benefit of the shareholders.

But what we know is the current group of directors are committed to personally underwriting any shortfall and more.

Therefore, no, we don't need to sell. But if the value is deemed acceptable than yes, we probably will sell.
Why should the directors put in more money personally when they could accept the potential bid and use this for the part of the shortfall. That's all I was saying.

Crazy selling Kamara especially if Finland qualify for the euros..If he as a good tournament his price could be sufficient more after..
And a feb injury as his ACL is snapped on a junkies carpet of a pitch by a thug in a strip?

Nothing is guaranteed in football except the tangible, immediate offer in your hand. It would be negligent to turn down a significant amount of cash for him based on him potentially finishing the season well and his international side doing well in a tournament. The potential gains would be what? another £5 million on his fee? The losses would be what? Well, £11 million cash in hand.

Why should the directors put in more money personally when they could accept the potential bid and use this for the part of the shortfall. That's all I was saying.
Because it's their commitment to make the club as strong as possible.

They are not putting any pressure on getting anyone out the door especially below value. If we get a bid of £11m for Morelos should he go as well? That would plug the gap...

If they value Kamara at £8m, then they will sell for £11m clearly. If they think we're better off waiting till after the Euros, then that's what they'll do. Just because they and we know there's a shortfall, as they are committed to funding it, they're not seeking it from elsewhere.

Are you understanding the difference and what the directors are trying to achieve here?

eventually the model is going to be self sustaining. A overall successful team on the park will attract regular bids for the players, at which point our selling power increases.

We're never getting £11m for Kamara. Never.

Have you seen some of the fees English team are paying ? Even for some very average players , that’s the going rate now , especially for a player playing and doing well on the European stage ,and a full international. Why we have fans driving down our own players values I’ll never know.

Because it's their commitment to make the club as strong as possible.

They are not putting any pressure on getting anyone out the door especially below value. If we get a bid of £11m for Morelos should he go as well? That would plug the gap...

If they value Kamara at £8m, then they will sell for £11m clearly. If they think we're better off waiting till after the Euros, then that's what they'll do. Just because they and we know there's a shortfall, as they are committed to funding it, they're not seeking it from elsewhere.

Are you understanding the difference and what the directors are trying to achieve here?

eventually the model is going to be self sustaining. A overall successful team on the park will attract regular bids for the players, at which point our selling power increases.
I understand selling Kamara for £11m when he cost £50k is not exactly selling for below value. I didn't mention Morelos. You shouldn't try to be condescending to others who have a different perspective.

I understand selling Kamara for £11m when he cost £50k is not exactly selling for below value. I didn't mention Morelos. You shouldn't try to be condescending to others who have a different perspective.
it's not a perspective though. it's a strategy that the board have been really open about for a long time now and quite frankly it's only or should be only pig ignorant tims who want to create their own narrative that keep asking the funding question or keep claiming we have to sell our players to reach the end of the season.

What Glen Kamara was signed for should have no baring on his current value or what we decide to sell him for.

it's not a perspective though. it's a strategy that the board have been really open about for a long time now and quite frankly it's only or should be only pig ignorant tims who want to create their own narrative that keep asking the funding question or keep claiming we have to sell our players to reach the end of the season.

What Glen Kamara was signed for should have no baring on his current value or what we decide to sell him for.
Who are you to decide that our board cannot or will not change their business plan if an alternative option appears like this potential offer for Kamara. Good business is all about keeping options open.

If the links to Crystal Palace are true (they must be sending scouts to us every week now btw), then I find it highly believable. Maybe not the £11 Million figure being bandied about by some but Roy Hodgson must still have pals at the Finnish FA or in Finnish Football who have gave a rave review of our man Glen Kamara. Plus we know they've been looking at Morelos, they could have easily spotted Kamara during reviewing footage or scouting trips.

Never really heard of Pedro Chirivella to be honest, apart from being the guy Liverpool fielded in a cup game that was ineligible. Cant really judge the boy on his ability.

I'd rather we didn't sell Kamara but everyone in our squad has a price. If Premier League teams and London based teams are interested then I think they'll be hard to turn down both for us and Glen.

£11 million (just using the figures on this thread) for a player who has started less than half our games and who cost us £50k a year ago would be far too good to turn down and would not hamper our chances significantly if we spent even 1/4 of the money wisely on a replacement.

For that cash it is an absolute no brainer decision for the board.
TBH that's exactly the type of deals we should be doing, low initial outlay and maximum profit, especially given that it's only 1 year on and Kamara isn't a linchpin of the side. I'd much rather sell Kamara then Jack and I doubt we'd get anywhere near that sort of money from Jack as he hasn't got that English connection.

I agree that Kamara is probably the most valuable asset we have that we could afford to lose in January but like someone said if he at least partly impresses at the Euros then that should do his valuation no harm.

This season in particular is too important to have any squad disruptions so I'd be inclined to take the potential risk of waiting until the summer and see how interested people are.

Sell Glenn for £11 million
Play the new Pedro sell for £18 million in the summer

;)

Seen him play once on TV for Liverpool against Swansea and he was out of his depth but that was a good few years ago and he was only a youngster. No idea how he's kicked on since then.

Glen Kamara is a better player than James McArthy and James is key player for them.

£11m is an offer that we should consider. If Palace are willing to pay the going rate for a player that improves their midfield then we should listen.

Back