Catering contract

club175

Official Ticketer
Noticed earlier that Elior ( azure) signed a 9 year extension to their contract in 2011. Does anyone know if the contract is up next year or if was extended again? Let’s hope not

Said many times. I am a caterer and I want the gig.
If anyone can point me to who I should contact please let me know.
We need to build a kitchen next to Ibrox and make everything ourselves and take all the profit.
Bears would support it if they knew every penny was going to Rangers

We need to build a kitchen next to Ibrox and make everything ourselves and take all the profit.
agree, some of the vans outside have huge queues. If you could get all these supporters inside early to have a bite and meet your mates, there must be good profit for the club.

What scale do you cater to?

Do you seriously think you can bake the required amount of pies? This would require massive investment.

I used to work for Rangers catering.

You'll know better than me whether this would work.

My concern, and it's from a a position of complete ignorance, is that when would we see a profit on such a venture?

There's obviously a fairly hefty set up cost to build a kitchen of suitable size to cater for potentially 50,000 people and then the fact it's only guaranteed to be used 19 times a season - I get that are likely to have friendlies, European and cup games on top but that's worst case scenario fixtures wise.

What do we do with the kitchen the rest of the year and how many chefs do we need to employ make this work?

For what it's worth I totally agree that catering needs a complete overhaul for the regular fan (hospitality etc seems to work well) so I'm not having go at your idea - I'm genuinely interested to know if and how it would work.

What scale do you cater to?

Do you seriously think you can bake the required amount of pies? This would require massive investment.

I used to work for Rangers catering.

I would not be making them at home mate. RFC would need to invest in their own massive kitchen, as close to Ibrox as possible. Yes this would require a massive investment but it would also be a big money maker in the future

You'll know better than me whether this would work.

My concern, and it's from a a position of complete ignorance, is that when would we see a profit on such a venture?

There's obviously a fairly hefty set up cost to build a kitchen of suitable size to cater for potentially 50,000 people and then the fact it's only guaranteed to be used 19 times a season - I get that are likely to have friendlies, European and cup games on top but that's worst case scenario fixtures wise.

What do we do with the kitchen the rest of the year and how many chefs do we need to employ make this work?

For what it's worth I totally agree that catering needs a complete overhaul for the regular fan (hospitality etc seems to work well) so I'm not having go at your idea - I'm genuinely interested to know if and how it would work.

It depends if the kitchen was paid up front. It would not be used only 19 times a season as you do not just turn up on a Saturday an make 10000 pies :) there would be a lot of work up to match day getting everything ready. i do not kn ow exactly how many people would be needed but they would certainly not need to be chefs :)

Commercial director??

It depends if the kitchen was paid up front. It would not be used only 19 times a season as you do not just turn up on a Saturday an make 10000 pies :) there would be a lot of work up to match day getting everything ready. i do not kn ow exactly how many people would be needed but they would certainly not need to be chefs :)

understand both points above and realise that prep time is needed pre-game, but if we want to improve both the choice and quality of the food offered then we may not need chefs but we'll need folk who can cook - cos the current non chefs aren't doing a great job to be fair :)

The club should also take over the mobile catering outside the ground have our own mobile catering vans instead of the gypos

There’s loads of investment opportunities around the ground the club should be involved in like vans, shops and pubs.

Dont be going on Dragons Den without working on your business plan.

Given that proper catering could entice fans to spend more money the whole set up would need to be revamped.
At st Enoch square at the moment there are noodle bar stands,German style hot dogs,Greek and French fast food as well, people are queuing up and paying between £6 and £8 about the same as the famous Ibrox meal deal.
Maybe install temporary bar style tables to eat at.With only 15 minutes at half time,it would need the correct level of staffing and maybe a preordering facility.Decent Wi-Fi would help with this.

Would you not be making a profit then? How does that make every penny go to Rangers?

I think the challenge would be that it may be much more expensive to build Infrastructure around a standalone solution than contracting a company with that Infrastructure that they share amongst multiple clients. I'm talking about building, people, buying power, invoicing, insurance etc

And the other 13 days out of 14 when there is no game?

I would not be making them at home mate. RFC would need to invest in their own massive kitchen, as close to Ibrox as possible. Yes this would require a massive investment but it would also be a big money maker in the future
I know nothing about the catering trade, but a fully equiped kitchen facility that is used only 20ish times a year is jut not viable.

I'd just like the option of different types of foods at different stalls within the ground. For example the options you get from all the outside vans when at Murrayfield. Pizza, Chinese, burgers, noodles etc. Just a right good variety of food. Why can't we bring in numerous food vendors

Where are these investment opportunities that you speak about? I know people who would look at them.

the old Albion pub, the catering vans, the empty shops, the land that is empty around the old winey. Everything around Ibrox is an investment opportunity for someone with a bit of cash and the right drive. Look at the yard next to your pub. It has 65 car park spaces all paying £5 per head. There’s another 2 on the broomloan road. Could Rangers not look at the derelict land and build a small multi story? I get that it’s not major money coming in but put it together with other things in the local area and they all add up.

the old Albion pub, the catering vans, the empty shops, the land that is empty around the old winey. Everything around Ibrox is an investment opportunity for someone with a bit of cash and the right drive. Look at the yard next to your pub. It has 65 car park spaces all paying £5 per head. There’s another 2 on the broomloan road. Could Rangers not look at the derelict land and build a small multi story? I get that it’s not major money coming in but put it together with other things in the local area and they all add up.

And I realise I’ve given a small number of cars as an example but look at all the cars and buses parked around the ground. If people knew the money would go back into the club for an extra few quid to park beside the ground how many would use it?

The catering is really awful. Isn’t it time to do a rethink?

Limited pop up greggs, m&s sandwiches, satis singhs curries in a pot?

what’s the best you’ve been to? Let some one have a look at the gold standard worldwide and let’s see if we can do it.

Can’t stand another ten years of this shite.

The club should also take over the mobile catering outside the ground have our own mobile catering vans instead of the gypos

The club cannot take over food vans outside the footprint of the stadium, it’s not the clubs land they trade on, its public property.
You can also cut out the insults to the people who run mobile catering outlets, the vast majority are thoroughly decent hard working people

The Albion pub was knocked down years ago. The yard next door doubles up as a car park and I doubt anyone would see getting £325 per game minus expenses and Insurance as a worthwhile investment.
The derelict land at Broomloan Road belongs to the GHA and is earmark for Social Housing.
There is the small matter of having to purchase the different bits of land, none are for sale as far as I know and even if the derelict land was for sale, it would cost itro £1000 per car space for a multi storey car park, Good idea but wrong place

The Albion pub was knocked down years ago. The yard next door doubles up as a car park and I doubt anyone would see getting £325 per game minus expenses and Insurance as a worthwhile investment.
The derelict land at Broomloan Road belongs to the GHA and is earmark for Social Housing.
There is the small matter of having to purchase the different bits of land, none are for sale as far as I know and even if the derelict land was for sale, it would cost itro £1000 per car space for a multi storey car park, Good idea but wrong place

Where’s your vision Robert. let’s run with the car park idea, on the way out you have to pass through a small club shop.
Rangers don’t get involved enough with the local community and create investment.
I watched the video of the guy doing the Ibrox tour in the tim top. I’ve also done the tour years ago. Anyway while I was watching it I thought this tour looks boring. Where’s the interactive parts, imagine every player took a turn one day a month to get involved in the tour, meet fans, sign pics etc. Also what if it had an escape room type game or something that you had to use what you had learned about the club to escape.
We just lack a bit of imagination that could earn us extra pounds in my opinion.

Where’s your vision Robert. let’s run with the car park idea, on the way out you have to pass through a small club shop.
Rangers don’t get involved enough with the local community and create investment.
I watched the video of the guy doing the Ibrox tour in the tim top. I’ve also done the tour years ago. Anyway while I was watching it I thought this tour looks boring. Where’s the interactive parts, imagine every player took a turn one day a month to get involved in the tour, meet fans, sign pics etc. Also what if it had an escape room type game or something that you had to use what you had learned about the club to escape.
We just lack a bit of imagination that could earn us extra pounds in my opinion.
The problem is, is that we can't afford to divert investment away from the playing staff, trust me I have loads of ideas, But mine would cost £50m, I'm not kidding

Back