Scott brown on nearly signing for rangers

In the space of a few years Rangers went from wooing potential signings with private jets and being greeted by 007, to firing off text messages to meet in car parks?

Someone like Scott Brown is mongo enough to believe that, luckily most of the rest of the population aren’t. Like Water and Bain/Murray just happened to be in London and texted Brown just as he was finishing his meeting with Chesney and Liewell? OK then.

The main thing I took from this is that the owner of the proud working-class and charitable organisation Glasgow Celtic, which exists primarily to end poverty throughout the world and secondarily to play football games, has this kind of money.

Some mistake, surely?

Yeah, like that happened. David Murray, probably knowing how Fritzl would flash his wealth at prospective signings, decided to meet a player along with Walter Smith in a fucking car park.
Absolutely correct.
This is the guy who’d send a private jet to meet prospective signings!
Anyway, if Brown wanted to sign for Rangers, if his heart was in it, he’d have met our team in a public lavatory to sign.
I wonder where we met Kevin Thomson,

He’s an absolute c*nt but type of player you’d love if he played for your team - Would say our player negotiations have stepped it up since then with Stevie G :cool:
I’d be embarrassed if he was our player going on the way he does.Thomson was the better player and Brown was nothing up against Mendes,Davis,Ferguson.He is a chocolate hardman who melted years ago.He’s also as thick as pig sh!t.The vast majority of his medals were won in a one horse race and he’s painfully exposed in europe.I’ll take great pleasure in seeing him slumped on his ass with tears in his eyes when we win the league.

HMRC saved his Celtic career as well, much like the mentally challenged Trophy Cabinet.

The mentally challengeds wanted him hounded out before the whole ''Dioufy'' thing.

The last time Celtic won the title in the Smith Era as well, Barry Robson and Paul Hartley were keeping him out of the team as Celtic went on their run to snatch the title in 08 :D :D

I thought he was outstanding under Rodgers in that first season but overall, he's an extremely over rated footballer.

What I have never understood is, yes you can see some going for the money instead of playing for the team you support. Not for me, but as I say, a minority could be persuaded to sell their soul. But why would you then go full circle and bad mouth the club you once loved and disrespect it at every opporchancity.

Could you ever see yourself publicly bad mouthing and ridiculing Rangers no matter what? The guy is a turncoat shapeshifting bastard.

The trophies he will end his career having amassed are a sad reflection on where our standards of footballer and football have gone.

An absolute average player at his peak.
Rewind 8 to 10 years ago when Brown would have been coming up against the likes of Ferguson, Thompson, Hemdani, Davis and try really hard to recall a single game where he was the dominant force against proper opposition.

His prime years were spent being a champion in an irrelevant era.

He can give it big licks all he wants, his grandchildren will struggle to overlook that we were absent when he won his medals.

Not that I would ever have wanted him but if he had worn the light blue jersey (sacrilege) then he would’ve been banned sine die and labelled a thug.
His career would have been a short one.
However, as he plays for them we have the media lackeys fawning all over the weirdo

Reactions: ao2
It is testament to the destruction of the Scottish game that this excuse for a scrote is accepted as a footballer .

And it also reflects in the falling standards of the game when it is the captain of the 2nd top club in the country

He's a perfect fit at that disgusting club, raking his studs down Alfie's leg last season summed him up, I cant imagine any Rangers Captain doing that to an opposition youngster.

Back