Celtic fined €15,000 by UEFA

It’s absolutely laughable......
I am very pleased that we have put our house in order but surely someone at the club at some point must be prepared to point out the discrepancies in penalty/punishments meted out to us in comparison to them for similar offences.
And clarify why were their chants were deemed illicit rather than racist??

They only get charged for illicit chanting. Yet ours is sectarian and crucially in uefa eyes racist. Are the club challenging this. What is the difference. I assumed illicit meant political but then we never get charged with that for mentioning the uvf. Only things seemed sictarian in Scotland are the pope and 19th Century Terrorist . Everything else seems to be political

Compare and contrast

Match: UEFA Europa League group stage match between Malmö FF and F.C. Copenhagen (1-1), played on 3 October in Sweden

Charges against Malmö FF:
- Setting off of fireworks - Art. 16 (2) of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR)
- Throwing of objects - Art. 16 (2) DR
- Stairways blocked - Art. 38 of the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations

Decision:
The Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body has decided:
- to order the partial closure of the Malmö FF stadium during the next (1) UEFA competition match which they will play as the host club and to fine Malmö FF €50,000 for setting off fireworks and throwing of objects. In particular, Malmö FF must close 5,000 seats in the North Tribune of the Malmö FF stadium

How can they keep getting slaps on the wrist yet we were one song away at from a stadium closure? It's a joke how they can decide the degrees of offensiveness.
Because there was illicit and outs was racist! Sorry “racist”.

And our song issues over hung from 2006 that’s why it escalated so quickly.

Compare and contrast

Match: UEFA Europa League group stage match between Malmö FF and F.C. Copenhagen (1-1), played on 3 October in Sweden

Charges against Malmö FF:
- Setting off of fireworks - Art. 16 (2) of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR)
- Throwing of objects - Art. 16 (2) DR
- Stairways blocked - Art. 38 of the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations

Decision:
The Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body has decided:
- to order the partial closure of the Malmö FF stadium during the next (1) UEFA competition match which they will play as the host club and to fine Malmö FF €50,000 for setting off fireworks and throwing of objects. In particular, Malmö FF must close 5,000 seats in the North Tribune of the Malmö FF stadium
FFS. not exactly surprised by the disparity. Makes you wonder why Legia have not been pulled up....oh wait a minute, they were playing us

Looks like the way UEFA deal with Celtic season after season isn’t working then. Sweep Sweep

Does anyone know what the chants were that were deemed illicit? Obviously I can guess but I'm just curious as to why they're dealt with so lightly.

Did you challenge any of it?

couldn’t lectures arnt really interactive . More like they talk and you listen for 1/2 hours. Plus can guarentee as the lecturer admitted they were catholic albeit Mexican that I would just look like a racist (in there eyes) in front of my peers

They only get charged for illicit chanting. Yet ours is sectarian and crucially in uefa eyes racist. Are the club challenging this. What is the difference. I assumed illicit meant political but then we never get charged with that for mentioning the uvf. Only things seemed sictarian in Scotland are the pope and 19th Century Terrorist . Everything else seems to be political
The queen is head of the church but apparently FTQ is ok FTP is not, Liewells wining and dining of Platini and co bearing fruit

It's an English class you need before you attempt any law degree.

Christ the COPFS would have a field day with your submissions

needed higher English A just to get into the course. I just don’t write the same way on FF that I would for uni work.

are we gonna continue to talk about my spelling and punctuation? In case anyone was wondering since you all seem so interested Im getting pass marks in my classes or we gonna get back to talking about the subject of the thread itself .

What? Do you spell sectarian wrong on the internet numerous times on purpose then

Makes sense.

Of course I didn’t spell it wrong on purpose. I just don’t check for spelling or grammar on FF like I would if i was submitting an essay

Is there anywhere which states what these illicit chants were? Can an illicit chant not be just as offensive as a sectarian or racist chant?

We were sanctioned for Singing BMG in Eindhoven in 2011 - Those b@stards at FARE reported us for 'sectarian' singing and it stuck ffs!

I have just sent the following email to them:-

I note today that the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) has today again punished Glasgow Celtic the paltry sum of €15,000 for repeat offending. How can this be the case when other clubs who do not appear to have the same disciplinary problems are fined 4 or 5 times as much as Glasgow Celtic.

The punishments appear to lack transparency and it would appear that Glasgow Celtic are getting lenient and preferential treatment as this is the 19th time since 2007 they have been disciplined and not the first time this season alone. Also other offences do not appear to be reported against them as I have personally seen bottles being thrown at opposing players by fans during a match coming under UEFA's jurisdiction.

I await your response with interest.

The fines clearly don’t do anything to deter them. They’re the same as the class clowns in high school... a punny done absolutely nothing. Complete waste of time.

couldn’t lectures arnt really interactive . More like they talk and you listen for 1/2 hours. Plus can guarentee as the lecturer admitted they were catholic albeit Mexican that I would just look like a racist (in there eyes) in front of my peers

I attended many myself. Lecturers would always be available afterwards to discuss things.

Back