Alex Rae Claiming Major Investment Coming Into Rangers

Not going to get too excited about this just yet. It might be true or it might not. Also, it's sods law that we hope it's a bazillionaire but it'll turn out to be some fella we've never heard of with merely a couple of million to invest.

Hope to be proven wrong.

We are seeing players attracting £20m fees & valuations. £15m is the new £3m for english sides.

Perhaps the profile of managers & our proximity to England, is investing in Scottish Football to a certain level an attractive proposition?

The landscape of competitive football is likely to change in the next ten year.

With the sheep rumoured to be receiving investment and Alex Rae's claim tonight...either it's to cover bad news or perhaps the opportunity to attract premier league money is interesting investors.

With the game on Sunday being on BT i imagine he will get asked a few questions about this statement from Darrell Currie and the rest of them....if Alex Rae is on the panel for it but i'm sure he does all our games these days now.

I remember earlier in the season seeing a group of wealthy looking Chinese guys and their women having their photos taken outside the megastore and I joked with my son that they were over to buy us.

It does make sense that there would be much more interest now.
The Steven Gerrard factor was always likely to attract external investment but it was a case of getting the right type of investment
If there is now a degree of certainty over getting rid of the fat man, then the timing would be about right.
Let’s hope Alex knows what he is talking about.
He is not the sort to talk nonsense but he also works at that dreadful radio station.
Not wanting to derail anything here but I thought this was bullshit?

Here's wat I saw on twitter. Dunno if it's true or not.

"This AGM. Dave King likely to be stepping aside and at last. News from Rangers about big investment.

I’ve said all along this would happen (I told you all about the Hong Kong lad a year before it happened"

Imagine a world in which the Kerryfail accountants/tax experts/lawyers couldn’t spend all day every day making up fantasies about Rangers going into admin if a big hitter came in and invested.

Poor wee Phil the Internet beggar might actually have to get a job.

On a serious note if we matched them in terms of the wage bill Gerrard would utterly destroy that fool Lennon.

Imagine a world in which the Kerryfail accountants/tax experts/lawyers couldn’t spend all day every day making up fantasies about Rangers going into admin if a big hitter came in and invested.

Poor wee Phil the Internet beggar might actually have to get a job.

On a serious note if we matched them in terms of the wage bill Gerrard would utterly destroy that fool Lennon.
It would just change to ‘financial doping’ ffp etc

Back