Alex Rae Claiming Major Investment Coming Into Rangers

Maybe it'll be revealed and voted on at the AGM.
Can't see any room for major new investment without a bit of a shakeup.

It's the AGM.

Lights go out. Venue goes pitch black. Total silence for 10 seconds. Then a huge explosion of pyrotechnics.

"HERE COMES THE MONEY"

source.gif

Strictly speaking, no.
However, there must be ways of doing so.
Yeah, I was being a little facetious.

Of course there's FFP but think you can get round it with stadium naming rights and various other things.

Here's wat I saw on twitter. Dunno if it's true or not.

"This AGM. Dave King likely to be stepping aside and at last. News from Rangers about big investment.

I’ve said all along this would happen (I told you all about the Hong Kong lad a year before it happened"
Well if it’s on Twitter it must be true !

I heard it, Rae was clearly pissed off with a smarmy Sevcopath rabbling on about Rangers having to accept ‘any offer’ for our players and wanted to put his gas at a peep.

The host said ‘haven’t we heard this before’ and Rae said ‘well I would trust this guy more than any of the Twitteratti’

I think I could guess who Alex source would be but whether it’s accurate or not we’ll have to wait and see.

I’m not sure why Rae would make a fool of himself in mentioning this if he didn’t have some kind of credible information.

If it was going to happen it makes sense for it to happen now. We are a club on the up in every sense and we have a world football legend as our young manager .

However I’ll believe it’s going to happen when I see it

Not sure what to make of what Rae said.

There are certain gers connected people who would probably have heard and would have plastered it everywhere by now as one or two of them care more about ego than sitting tight on any sort of news the club would rather release at their own time of choosing through their own chosen channels.

We are no longer a financial basket case and rich guys who are looking for somewhere safe to put their money will be looking at us again. Hong Kong is in recession so some may be thinking of getting their cash out before it gets worse out there. I don't know but it is time we got some good news and although "I do not put my faith in Princes", it wouldn't surprise me if DK thought he had done as much as he could with Rangers.

We are no longer a financial basket case and rich guys who are looking for somewhere safe to put their money will be looking at us again. Hong Kong is in recession so some may be thinking of getting their cash out before it gets worse out there. I don't know but it is time we got some good news and although "I do not put my faith in Princes", it wouldn't surprise me if DK thought he had done as much as he could with Rangers.

Putting your money into a football, club - especially in Scotland - is about as far removed from ‘safe’ as I can think of. If they want to protect their dosh, or even accumulate more, then investing in football is not the way to go.

Anyone who does so will have to be, like King, a supporter prepared to lose their cash.

Last edited:
I read the heading as a Major Investigation Into Rangers, so the thread has come as a pleasant surprise.

Have we not been here before, a few times??

Sorry to be pessimistic but we have heard this quite often over last few years

(But clearly delighted if it was true!!)

Here's wat I saw on twitter. Dunno if it's true or not.

"This AGM. Dave King likely to be stepping aside and at last. News from Rangers about big investment.

I’ve said all along this would happen (I told you all about the Hong Kong lad a year before it happened"

The Dave King bit, I heard that exactly this time last year and he would move aside at last years agm.
Repeated fake news?.

I think we all expected some external investment alongside the appointment of Gerrard. We'd be silly not to explore any opportunity possible while he's at the helm.

The sooner we've balanced the books the better. We're immediately on the back foot in any negations for players or whatever when the other person knows we could be doing with the money.

Back