Alex Rae Claiming Major Investment Coming Into Rangers

Putting your money into a football, club - especially in Scotland - is about as far removed from ‘safe’ as I can think of. If they want to protect their dosh, or even accumulate more, then investing in football is not the way to go.

Anyone who does so will have to be, like King, a supporter prepared to lose their cash.

The only other motivation would be to player trade for profit or someone banking on the structure of professional football & subsequent tv money changing in the near future, which it will.

Believe it when I see it obvcourse but I would be majorly surprised if Alex Rae said this live on air without being 100% sure.
He’s probably been hearing the rumours in the hospitality suites at Ibrox about Murray’s possible reinvestment.
Can’t see Murray investing anything without having control over it.

I would hope any investment would be in conjuction with King and not in place of him, and he would remain on the board.

I think you either need to have a soft spot for a club or a bit of a screw loose to put significant money into it, especially in Scotland, as let's be honest you aren't getting it back. Anyone putting money into us and seeing it as an investment would worry me.

File this under load of pish

(Being really cynical about this in the hope that I am proven wrong!!!)
He has made quite a statement though,if he is wrong then he will look fecking stupid so I am therefore expecting at least £50m in the coffers so we have an epic 150th anniversary which we all will love while celebrating yet another league championship with Ronaldo saying he wished he had joined us a few years earlier after having an epic season as a veteran striker :)

We are no longer a financial basket case and rich guys who are looking for somewhere safe to put their money will be looking at us again. Hong Kong is in recession so some may be thinking of getting their cash out before it gets worse out there. I don't know but it is time we got some good news and although "I do not put my faith in Princes", it wouldn't surprise me if DK thought he had done as much as he could with Rangers.
As much as he could ? We haven't even won a trophy yet !

Were you one of the fannies per chance???

How very dare you!

Oosy's one of the most popular posters of all time here on Follow Follow. In fact, he's my all time favourite ever.

arselick.gif

Wouldn't completely shock me to see King move aside. I've never got the impression that he is in it for the long haul.

The introduction of a major single investor the likes of Ratcliffe would go against everything King has ssid about how the club should be run moving forward.

Whatever happens, the majority shareholding in the club must remain with the fans, and I include King and co in that group

Wolhardt didn't sign up just to have a free pie and bovril once or twice a season. Perhaps he is finally making a move and bringing others on board.

Either way, as I have been saying for ages, we need external investment which can make a proper and genuine difference.

With all due respect to the current board, they don't have the finances we require medium to long term.

I don’t see why an external investor would come on board right now.

We have a ways to go until we’re self-sustaining. Why would an external investor sink money in that he won’t see back?

I’ve heard the rumour that it’s a consortium of gas cookers who will be looking to invest many millions after the Bears have been to the Dam...

Wolhardt didn't sign up just to have a free pie and bovril once or twice a season. Perhaps he is finally making a move and bringing others on board.

Either way, as I have been saying for ages, we need external investment which can make a proper and genuine difference.

With all due respect to the current board, they don't have the finances we require medium to long term.

I don't think you're giving them 'all due respect' in the slightest here to be honest.

I don’t see why an external investor would come on board right now.

We have a ways to go until we’re self-sustaining. Why would an external investor sink money in that he won’t see back?
They would need to be either a diehard.

Someone who is a sandwich short of the picnic who has more money than sense and wants a new toy.

Or the most worrying, someone looking to asset strip. People with the money to invest in football clubs don't tend to get that money by playing nice.

As
Fucking hell he is the richest man in the Uk, I’d take one up the shitter for him to get involved in our club
Too scary putting our Club into the hands of one man who has never had a connection with us.What happens when he gets fed up.We would end up in an ashley/Newcastle situation,totally screwed.

I don't think you're giving them 'all due respect' in the slightest here to be honest.
They have helped pay the bills, which has been fine. But in terms of actual investment they clearly don't have the funds to take us to where we want to be. And we, the fans, contribute the most financially each year. External investment would be most welcome. And I am sure our manager would agree with that.

I heard from my WhatsApp group that Stewart Milne of Aberdeen is selling up and will be completing a takeover of Rangers.

As you have been saying for ages , %^*& me.
Is that right , medium to long term your talking shite , with all due respect .

Wouldn’t be comfortable with any of the current board stepping aside until we are self sustainable as that is meant to be the plan.

They have helped pay the bills, which has been fine. But in terms of actual investment they clearly don't have the funds to take us to where we want to be. And we, the fans, contribute the most financially each year. External investment would be most welcome. And I am sure our manager would agree with that.
"Helped pay the bills" fkn hell mate,where have you been the past few years.If it wasn't for Dave King and the Board there would be no Stevie G,no European football as we would probably still be in the championship or struggling in this league.

As you have been saying for ages , %^*& me.
Is that right , medium to long term your talking shite , with all due respect .
I have been saying for it ages. It is clear that we need external investment. King would say that as well. The current board are not going to be able to properly invest as we go forward. That's hardly a controversial viewpoint. External investment has to come.

"Helped pay the bills" fkn hell mate,where have you been the past few years.If it wasn't for Dave King and the Board there would be no Stevie G,no European football as we would probably still be in the championship or struggling in this league.
Dave King was minutes away from appointing Derek McInnes. Let's not forget that.

And yes, they have paid the bills/kept the lights on etc. and give us soft loans. That's great but it is OUR money which has funded virtually everything else so far. We are by far the biggest contributors.

Last edited:
I heard from my WhatsApp group that Stewart Milne of Aberdeen is selling up and will be completing a takeover of Rangers.

Magic, then %^*& off stevie G, deek is on his way! Sorted.

I have to assume it’s a front for the Liverpool gangstas > UDA > Glasgow drug dealers triangle who have funded us since stevie G arrived.

The only other motivation would be to player trade for profit or someone banking on the structure of professional football & subsequent tv money changing in the near future, which it will.
Money talks and regardless of the state of Scottish football due to their short sightedness, Rangers have proven their brand will endure through anything. I can't imagine that someone with resources doesn't look at the record breaking crowds we had in the lower divisions and our loyalty to the club and see a huge opportunity.

The same for UEFA and any other Atlantic league or attempt to bring together big clubs in small countries. Surely the money is there if done right and money talks. Over everything.

Back