Alex Rae Claiming Major Investment Coming Into Rangers

Wolhardt didn't sign up just to have a free pie and bovril once or twice a season. Perhaps he is finally making a move and bringing others on board.

Either way, as I have been saying for ages, we need external investment which can make a proper and genuine difference.

With all due respect to the current board, they don't have the finances we require medium to long term.
Dave King doesn't have the finance?

King having to step down as chairman strikes me as the sort of condition Ashley would want to impose as part of a settlement with Sports Direct.

I would be very wary of anyone without a Rangers connection wanting to invest. What's in it for them? They will be looking for money back at some point.

Can't really see DK handling over till we have won 55 and have seen the scum crumble. So if it's money coming in then it won't be a majority shareholder but could be linked to sponsorship -- Emirates Ibrox Stadium?

Dave King was minutes away from appointing Derek McInnes. Let's not forget that.

And yes, they have paid the bilks/kept the lights on etc. and give us soft loans. That's grest but it is OUR money which has funded virtually everything else so far.
Yes the fans have been magnificentbut you are vastly underestimating what DK and the Board are doing for us.They have invested millions of their own cash with no hope of seeing it again which is a lot more than keeping the lights on and payi g a few bills.Dont forget we would still be in the hands of the spiv scum.

Has he not pumped in over 20m already ignoring the previous investment under Murray?

I dread to think where we would be without Dave King. A true Ranger.
In his previous term, yes. But he is being more cautious and prudent this time around. I get that.

I am not criticising him. He has done well for us. But in terms of investment of he is not going to provide it then it would be time for others to come on board with their cash.

Technically he does, but he will not use it. And that's fine. It's his perogative.

Not sure if you’re trolling or not. King and other members of the board have invested multiple millions. If it wasn’t for them we’d still be shopping in the Bosman market of League 1 in England, or worse we’d be heading towards another financial disaster. The losses we are making are not just vanishing into thin air, they have ploughed fortunes into the club and won’t get it back either. Suppose it’s always fair game to belittle the contribution of others when you pay a few hundred quid a season for a season ticket.

Yes the fans have been magnificentbut you are vastly underestimating what DK and the Board are doing for us.They have invested millions of their own cash with no hope of seeing it again which is a lot more than keeping the lights on and payi g a few bills.Dont forget we would still be in the hands of the spiv scum.
With the soft loans they provided converted to equity, they are not exactly losing on this.

Not sure if you’re trolling or not. King and other members of the board have invested multiple millions. If it wasn’t for them we’d still be shopping in the Bosman market of League 1 in England, or worse we’d be heading towards another financial disaster. The losses we are making are not just vanishing into thin air, they have ploughed fortunes into the club and won’t get it back either. Suppose it’s always fair game to belittle the contribution of others when you pay a few hundred quid a season for a season ticket.
Loans converted to equity.

So if you add it up they've not 'lost' a lot.

The clubs 150th anniversary is on the horizon,King won’t let this pass without a few spectacular moves

Why does he think it's OK to say this when the club hasn't?

Because it isn't verified and Alex is a nice guy trying to make a living from the media

Here's wat I saw on twitter. Dunno if it's true or not.

"This AGM. Dave King likely to be stepping aside and at last. News from Rangers about big investment.

I’ve said all along this would happen (I told you all about the Hong Kong lad a year before it happened"

:D :D :D :D fux sake

They have helped pay the bills, which has been fine. But in terms of actual investment they clearly don't have the funds to take us to where we want to be. And we, the fans, contribute the most financially each year. External investment would be most welcome. And I am sure our manager would agree with that.

'fine'

For fucks sake, how condescending and ungrateful can you be toward guys that have ploughed millions into Rangers, and continue to do so? Dave King has already pledged another 15 million over the next 18 months.

But aye, they're only here to help pay the bills.

Horrific attitude.

'fine'

For fucks sake, how condescending and ungrateful can you be toward guys that have ploughed millions into Rangers, and continue to do so? Dave King has already pledged another 15 million over the next 18 months.

Horrific attitude.

Dave King saved us in our darkest times. Forever a legend

Not sure how anyone other than Dave King himself can talk about how much money he’s willing to put into the Club with any degree of confidence.

'fine'

Horrific attitude.
Think you are unnecessarily dramatising this. The conversion of the soft loans to equity needs to be taken into consideration when analysing this kind of stuff.

I am grateful to King and co for saving the club from the Spivs. But there was always a point that external investment had to be sought. King himself has said this many times. Hopefully we are nearing that point.

He's used it pretty fucking well so far
So far, yes. But what we are taking about is how we shape up long term. That's the important thing now. I think we are coming to a crossroads soon which willl determine which direction we take and who is with us and who is investing in that journey.

King stepping aside at some point in the next 12 months would not surprise me one bit.

We need external investment or the club will literally go nowhere.

Dave King and the others saved our club and I as well as many others will be forever thankful for Dave stepping in when we were at our lowest. A legend in my eyes.
Agreed. External investment has to be a priority. And King has said so himself many times.

Would like to think this isnt the case. Purely because I’d rather see the club secure the income and BOOM (!) announce it.

If true, then great! And I’m not having a pop at Rae because whats the harm in telling the truth really? But would rather the club just did its business and didn't give anyone a chance to talk shite about it first.

Are they still taking calls from tims wanting to talk about our finances?

Desperate stuff.

As for investment, I'm sure there is some coming. It won't likely be as "major" as people hope/think but a necessary boost.

Back