A FF Thank You To The Chairman

Northampton_Loyalist

There is now a deadline of Jan 17th for entries for the book!

I have had a conversation with Suck and he has agreed to not only help with the idea, but to fund any costs for it from the FF EBT-overspill account.

As a small gesture to Dave King to mark his announcement at the AGM of an intention to step down from his role as Chairman we will be commissioning a book that will contain personal messages from those supporters who wish to say thank you.

The Email address DK_Book@outlook.com has been set up and over the next month or so, I will collate and proof any Email sent that contains a message that an individual may like to put forward.

I believe that this gives us a chance for a far more intimate ‘thank you’ than might ordinarily be afforded and I would love to think that he will be able to look back in a decade or so and see the regard in which he is held by so many.

The intention is to gather messages, have them printed by a professional and bound in a fitting cover and to ask for the book to passed onto Dave King at a suitable time.

I understand fully that some may not like the idea, or feel it a little over the top, and I would like to politely ask them to hold their council to allow people who see value in the idea to discuss it and to contribute.

It goes without saying that all messages will be vetted stringently, more to filter out the lurkers than anything, but any inappropriate comments will not be included in the book.
Posters are welcome to send in multiple entries if they have non FF using friends or family who would like to say a piece and the messages can be signed, or not, at the poster's discretion. A location would be a nice touch, to help show the world-wide contribution. For Example:

N_L
South Yorkshire

I will be looking for someone with better writing ability than myself to pen a short fore-word further down the line and volunteers can drop me a PM!

Last edited:
I have had a conversation with Suck and he has agreed to not only help with the idea, but to fund any costs for it from the FF EBT-overspill account.

As a small gesture to Dave King to mark his announcement at the AGM of an intention to step down from his role as Chairman we will be commissioning a book that will contain personal messages from those supporters who wish to say thank you.

The Email address DK_Book@outlook.com has been set up and over the next month or so, I will collate and proof any Email sent that contains a message that an individual may like to put forward.

I believe that this gives us a chance for a far more intimate ‘thank you’ than might ordinarily be afforded and I would love to think that he will be able to look back in a decade or so and see the regard in which he is held by so many.

The intention is to gather messages, have them printed by a professional and bound in a fitting cover and to ask for the book to passed onto Dave King at a suitable time.

I understand fully that some may not like the idea, or feel it a little over the top, and I would like to politely ask them to hold their council to allow people who see value in the idea to discuss it and to contribute.

It goes without saying that all messages will be vetting stringently, more to filter out the lurkers than anything, but any inappropriate comments will not be included in the book.
Posters are welcome to send in multiple entries if they have non FF using friends or family who would like to say a piece and the messages can be signed, or not, at the poster's discretion.

I will be looking for someone with better writing ability than myself to pen a short fore-word further down the line and volunteers can drop me a PM!

Fantastic idea NL. Respect.

Really nice touch mate - will send a message in the next couple days.

If any additional funding is required I'd happily chip in to get this off the ground.
I had originally suggested a wee donations page to cover any costs but Suck was more than happy to offer to help. It will not cost the Earth and I think on balance if we can avoid any issues of cash changing hands it will only be for the best. Kind offer though.

A fantastic idea and I hope it gets presented to him at a packed Ibrox after he raises the flag for 55. He deserves to see the reward for his hard work pulling us through the difficult times.

How long should the message be? Just a sentence or two? Paragraph? whole page?

A fantastic idea and I hope it gets presented to him at a packed Ibrox after he raises the flag for 55. He deserves to see the reward for his hard work pulling us through the difficult times.

How long should the message be? Just a sentence or two? Paragraph? whole page?
I would say that everyone should be able to say what they want to say. If that is a single line, so be it, or if you want to write more, feel free. This is more about the personal than the gesture.

I honestly don't know if I have the vocabulary to express my gratitude to Mr King. I really don't.

He was a colossus in our darkest hour and restored pride to a battered and bloodied club and support.

I will make an attempt to put into words what I feel but it'll never be enough.

Never before in the field of sporting endeavour was so much owed, by so many, to so few.
In years to come, when our fantastic support comes to assess the full history of the mighty Glasgow Rangers, we can say of Dave King and others, this truly was ‘their finest hour’.
Thank you Dave King, for your personal sacrifice and endeavours in restoring the sporting colossus that is Glasgow Rangers.

Back