Rangers v Hearts - Match Thread - RTV

How the hell is Robertson a referee ? Wonder how many of our team would have finished the game if we tackled Hearts players the way they Hacked at our players ?

What really delighted me apart from the result was tav after the fifth goal urging the players to hurry up and get the game restarted to get another goal

It was a lengthy complaint too, not just a passing word. It just shows too 'honest mistakes' could count in the end up.

Short bursts were we left first gear and still win with five. We are on different planet to Hearts. I thought Stewart, Ojo, and Defoe helped pick the pace up a bit when they came on.

Shocking referee. How did they have eleven men on the park at the end?

yet again another shameful refereeing performance,its oh so blatant now,we are being held to a far different standard , that shower today were a disgrace aided and abetted by the referee

Missed the game today as was in Edinburgh at the Xmas market with the wife. Thanks Rangers for making today go by without any nerves! Now for a few beers undercover in Auld Reekie!

Great to see a few goals racked up though Hearts weren’t much of a challenge today. Hearts played a form of Scottish football at it’s most basic - if you can’t match your opponent’s quality, just go out and batter them.
Tav played well I thought though prone to overhitting a few crosses and Goldson too was good, he won so many headers in their box but somehow managed to either put them over the bar or else just past it.
No failures at all for us

It was begining to look that way, I don't like to see ex Rangers players hurt, but I would love to have seen someone launch Naismith the moany faced shit.
The best answer you can give a little shoite is the 5-0 walloping.
He can only dream as to what his career might have been!!!

Men against cloggers. One of the worst Hearts teams I've ever seen, dispatched with ease.
Wasn't our best, but didn't need to be. Davis was particularly good.
All without Ryan Jack as well.
The referee should be told its not part of his remit to show sympathy and leniency to a team getting humped off the park.
Even at the end the Hearts players 4 and 5 nil down were hacking our players. The only reason for that is trying to injure players and Robertson was happy to let them do it.

Many thanks Avril.

Last edited:
Actually I quite like being one goal behind at this point.

Keeps their sphincters going 50p-5p-50p-5p

yet again another shameful refereeing performance,its oh so blatant now,we are being held to a far different standard , that shower today were a disgrace aided and abetted by the referee
Just back on the bus and yes the tackles on our players that went unpunished were shocking,

Good days work! Another three points, another convincing victory, and a dent in the GD to boot. We were never in any real danger today, a comfortable win albeit against a Hearts side that looks a bit rudderless at the moment. Hopefully we can continue our winning form in midweek to keep the pressure on the mentally challengeds, and go into the Cup Final on a high.

MOTM: A number of candidates today. Tav's crossing was excellent today, Kent was a danger every time we went forward. El Buffalo got the party going with a nice early goal that took some pressure off. However, i'll go with RTV and pick Steve Davis. The guy is a Rolls Royce of a player, and despite at least two brutal challenges that could well have seen red, he just gets up and keeps going.

WATP!

Stadium practically empty as we chase another goal. Embarrassing.

:rolleyes: Surprised you get a signal at Ibrox and can type. I've been back in the car nearly 5 mins now and just starting to feel my fingers again.

This Ref may have had 4 red cards in 4 games, but today, he should have made it 5 or 6 at least in 5 games, Naismith should have been off, perhaps twice, and Berra got away with 2 Professional fouls, and when a Rangers player fouled one of them, he was quick to yellow card Rangers Players, it stuck out a mile, he was just waiting to red card a Rangers Player

This Ref may have had 4 red cards in 4 games, but today, he should have made it 5 or 6 at least in 5 games, Naismith should have been off, perhaps twice, and Berra got away with 2 Professional fouls, and when a Rangers player fouled one of them, he was quick to yellow card Rangers Players, it stuck out a mile, he was just waiting to red card a Rangers Player

Wheelan committed a few yellow cards too.

Can't believe how much we missed Jack.

Gerrard is going to cost us with decisions like that.

Despite having a laugh we should note that Gerrard was spot on today, Managed to rest RJ and got two key men outa harm‘s way the minute we went 3-0. Only thing I might have done differently was replace Davis rather than Kamara.

How do we rate Aribo today, still room for improvement?, never seems to get the ball without having a player right on him

Whats a bit if a shame today us with that result we should have been joint top with the same goal difference as ive been told that Ross County got a perfectly good goal chalked off today. Funny that!

What a horrible team Hearts are. We are lucky not to have a serious injury there. Arribo comes off with a booking and Naismith doesn't - sums up an inconsistent referee. Brilliant stuff from Davies and a few others - good start to a difficult month !

Back