This rumour about £50 to access the CCCS

That’s never putting people off.

That’s just Rangers taking the piss, to be frank.

Not saying it will stop everyone joining the scheme. But where is the story coming from?

No chance am I paying 100 quid for me and my boy before we’ve even had a ticket.

Disgrace tbh, a money grab pure and simple.

Pay to have the privilege of buying a ticket. Maybe 3 max if you’re lucky

Club were doing a "think tank" before the game today regarding a membership scheme I think.

I'd imagine this is one of many suggestions put to the fans who were there to guage opinion on ideas going forward.

I can’t see it being £50 just to get on CCCS. It might be part of an idea or level of membership scheme being thought about to raise revenue.

There was a survey not long ago where they kept asking questions like what would be the most you would pay for a membership scheme and what do you think would be reasonable etc maybe the £50 has came from there

Not about being able to afford it.

Just my opinion on it, easy way to create revenue for the club, possibly cuts out people with no intention of going to games, most EPL clubs you have to pay £50 a season in order to purchase tickets for the home games

Just my opinion on it, easy way to create revenue for the club, possibly cuts out people with no intention of going to games, most EPL clubs you have to pay £50 a season in order to purchase tickets for the home games

Loads of easy ways for clubs to create revenue.

Doesn’t mean it’s right.

I suspect the £50 mentioned will be to join a membership scheme, rather than specifically to access CCCS only. Can’t be judged until we know exactly what else would be included in the membership scheme package.

I think the OP is giving us half a story in other words, but that’s the nature of the rumour-mill.

Its funny how folk are all in favour of membership schemes to get money into the Club - until they find out it might affect them directly.

I suspect the £50 mentioned will be to join a membership scheme, rather than specifically to access CCCS only. Can’t be judged until we know exactly what else would be included in the membership scheme package.

I think the OP is giving us half a story in other words, but that’s the nature of the rumour-mill.

Its funny how folk are all in favour of membership schemes to get money into the Club - until they find out it might affect them directly.

I don’t know the full proposal. Keep seeing wee snippets on Twitter about it.

That’s why I’m asking on here.

Loads of easy ways for clubs to create revenue.

Doesn’t mean it’s right.
I don't disagree with anything you've said at first glance.

Question, when Aberdeen send us tickets, and we sell them on at the same price, who actually pays all the admin staff and resources involved in sorting out these away tickets?

Why should shareholders and season ticket holders who don't go away, pay for this?

Was going to say the exact same thing, i heard this idea couple of months back on here a lot of posters keen on the idea, i think its good idea we ned to make more money from somewhere as cant keep running on losses, if we have more revenue coming in we might get to keep our best players for longer

I don’t know the full proposal. Keep seeing wee snippets on Twitter about it.

That’s why I’m asking on here.

Seems fairly obvious from your subsequent responses that you knew fine well it was in relation to a membership scheme rather than simply ‘to access CCCS’.

You're against a membership scheme, which is fine. Your prerogative. It looks almost certain at least one scheme is coming though. Many have been crying out for a revision of the ticket allocation system - well, this may be the first signs of that. As I’ve suggested, let’s wait to see what’s on offer before getting too critical or, indeed, praiseworthy.

For clarity, I live away from Scotland and rely on RangersTV. I‘m looking forward to an ‘overseas’ membership scheme that offers the RangersTV package and some other treats - mainly because it’s another easy way for me to put money into the Club.

Seems fairly obvious from your subsequent responses that you knew fine well it was in relation to a membership scheme rather than simply ‘to access CCCS’.

You're against a membership scheme, which is fine. Your prerogative. It looks almost certain at least one scheme is coming though. Many have been crying out for a revision of the ticket allocation system - well, this may be the first signs of that. As I’ve suggested, let’s wait to see what’s on offer before getting too critical or, indeed, praiseworthy.

For clarity, I live away from Scotland and rely on RangersTV. I‘m looking forward to an ‘overseas’ membership scheme that offers the RangersTV package and some other treats - mainly because it’s another easy way for me to put money into the Club.

If I knew fine well I wouldn’t be asking the question ya donut.

Responses started mentioning membership schemes. I replied to them.

Plenty will be in favour, that’s fair enough.

And the reason I started the thread was to see if anyone had firm details, rather than the odd posts from Twitter.

Don’t think they offer fans anything worthwhile.
I agree with that somewhat, other than a plastic membership card and certificate it’s pretty worthless.

It’s very useful for the club though, it allows the club to attach a membership to a ticket which in theory makes supporters screw the nut a bit more. It’s worked quite well in Holland. In fact when I lived there I couldn’t get a ticket for a game and no one in work would buy me one because their name would be on the ticket.

Also, it’s a great chrimbo present for the kids.

I don't disagree with anything you've said at first glance.

Question, when Aberdeen send us tickets, and we sell them on at the same price, who actually pays all the admin staff and resources involved in sorting out these away tickets?

Why should shareholders and season ticket holders who don't go away, pay for this?

Would imagine the booking fee covers a fair bit of it.

Doesn’t really bother me, I am on the CCCS and it’s shit as it is. Would happily be extra 50 if it ment it being a little better

I agree with that somewhat, other than a plastic membership card and certificate it’s pretty worthless.

It’s very useful for the club though, it allows the club to attach a membership to a ticket which in theory makes supporters screw the nut a bit more. It’s worked quite well in Holland. In fact when I lived there I couldn’t get a ticket for a game and no one in work would buy me one because their name would be on the ticket.

Also, it’s a great chrimbo present for the kids.

Rangers Number already covers that.

If I knew fine well I wouldn’t be asking the question ya donut.

Responses started mentioning membership schemes. I replied to them.

Plenty will be in favour, that’s fair enough.

And the reason I started the thread was to see if anyone had firm details, rather than the odd posts from Twitter.

Fair enough. :) They are holding forums with the fans for the next few days I think, so it’s unlikely you will hear any ‘real’ news. They are only discussing ideas at the moment and will then need to look at feedback, assess it then probably discuss it again. Effectively then, any rumours you hear right now are just discussion topics. I doubt things will start to firm up until into the early part of next year.

Jesus Christ it’s bad enough getting tickets as it is, now would that help?
Most clubs operate a membership scheme for non season ticket holders down south. It's extra revenue and seathub tickets would go to them I guess. Cccs should stay as is.

Exactly.

It want so long ago people wanted to put money into the club by any means necessary.

Unless the club have no intelligence, then, it would be part of a package.

- 20% reduction in stadium tours
- 10% reduction in food at the argyle house
- 10% reduction for merch
- access to cccs
- draw for getting on the pitch at half time for some half time comps
- chance to meet the manager
- etc etc

We will never satisfy demand for away tickets and finals. Doesn’t help when scum like Hibs and Aberdeen reduce our allocation.

I have no idea what is proposed but suppose membership included tickets for the first two rounds in Europe , first dibs at semifinals and finals, discounts on merchandise and two for one on restaurant meals in the argyle suite. Gotta be worth more than 50 then. For such a package who wouldn't pay 100 or alternatively a tenner a month

There is absolutely not a hope in hell Rangers will charge £50 for "access to CCCS."

Rangers want to increase CCCS membership not reduce it.
It matters not a jot that ballots for big games is a result of that.

Revenue for the smaller ties far outweigh this.

Last edited:
There is absolutely not a hope in hell Rangers will charge £50 for "access to CCCS."

Rangers want to increase CCCS membership not reduce it.
It matters not a jot that ballots for big games is result of that.

Revenue for the smaller ties far outweigh this.

Hope you’re right.

Would imagine the booking fee covers a fair bit of it.

Just to add a bit of context, I'm speaking as someone who paid £40 quid to join the travel club this year.
Having been to 4 games this season and 1 last, and 10 plus going back over our last 5 seasons in Europe, yet I've effectively paid it for 2 points for applying, had zero tickets, mainly due to last seasons decision to deny non-STH from joining.

The club get things wrong, but on the whole get a lot more grief when stuck between a rock and hard place with this kind of thing. Never going to cover costs and please everyone!

Back