Ojo today

Some shouts at the football are wild.

Ojo is the new Barisic..even this season at st mirren prior to the free kick the abuse was shocking.

Took an experience Croatian international a year to settle, so of course a youngster from Liverpool should be up to speed after 14 games.

I'm not having a go here at the away support,as it's been excellent for as long as I can remember,but if you want a comparison about the home support,look no further than arsenal.

Will be back down the road in january IMO.

May well have talent and be capable of flashes of brilliance but I cant see him ever being good enough for us on a consistent basis

Had too many passengers over the last few years. Wont be missed.

Actually feel sorry for him at the moment the fans are clearly on his back at Ibrox.
Fans at any big club would be on his case for his performances.

I hope in short time we see something from him, it really is overdue.

If he can’t or won’t then f*ck’m.

A lot of the time he looks very uninterested - and this is before the recent stick towards him in the stands.

The frustrating thing is you look at the goal scored against Feyenoord at Ibrox. We can see the quality he’s got but he doesn’t apply enough or look intested at times.

On Thursday night he was woeful and recently he’s just not shown anything . Regardless if he’s wanting to stay at Liverpool it get himself a move you would think he would be busting a gut to show the type of player he is and what he can do to achieve that. But he’s not doing it for me. I wouldn’t be unhappy if we cut his loan short on January and went for someone else in that position

I actually despise people who get on our players’ backs. I honestly hate saying that about our own supporters but could you honestly please stop shouting absolute shite to our own players and actually join in and cheer the team on.

Absolutely pathetic.

Whether it’s Tavernier or Ojo if they make a mistake I’ll still cheer the team on. We won 5-0 today and I had a “supporter” behind me still moaning.

Ojo is never a Rangers player. If he wants the fans off his back he should stop sulking and start performing. The buck stops at his door. It's not hard to get the Rangers support onside, were a very fickle bunch, but all we want is a bit of heart at the end of the day

I honestly don't get wtf you lot are all about. He must've had one of our highest tackle rates today and he was hardly on the pitch. He won about 7 fouls in the time he was on too. A lot of things haven't been coming off for him recently, but don't just make stuff up

As I said in a previous re the atmosphere at Ibrox no wonder when we have absolute Moon Howlers in our support who have never seen a ball or played football at any level or have a single clue about football abusing players week in week out or moaning at our players.
It’s absolutely terrible, these “supporters” (the cheek to call them that) who abuse our own players are the same ones abusing Barišić last season and now they probably love him.

I supported Borna last season because he’s a Rangers player and anyone putting that jersey on gets my support. Imagine going from playing in tiny Croatian stadiums to straight to a completely new country in front of 50,000 fans, it’s obviously going to take a while to adjust.

Not only that when you have folk abusing you from all 4 sides it makes it even more difficult...

The latest whipping boy

Lad is young and needs support
Agreed. The boo boys need to lay off.

His concentration levels are poor though. He must be infuriating to coach/manage at times. Gerrard and co obviously see something in him but will they perservere with him for long enough to suggest that they are interested in signing him permanently?

We shall need to wait and see.

It’s absolutely terrible, these “supporters” (the cheek to call them that) who abuse our own players are the same ones abusing Barišić last season and now they probably love him.

I supported Borna last season because he’s a Rangers player and anyone putting that jersey on gets my support. Imagine going from playing in tiny Croatian stadiums to straight to a completely new country in front of 50,000 fans, it’s obviously going to take a while to adjust.

Not only that when you have folk abusing you from all 4 sides it makes it even more difficult...

Never boo'ed or abused a Rangers player EVER mate.

And I've seen some shite over the years.

The latest whipping boy

Lad is young and needs support
To be fair, he isn’t alone there.
However, what the super scouts and super coaches amongst us don’t really get is that this is a young lad.
He’s not got the experience of Tavernier, Goldson, or Arfield.
Maybe he doesn’t have the mental toughness or experience to not allow this to bother him.
We, well the moaners, need to remember that Ryan Kent was no Brian Laudrup on his arrival.
We won’t remember that though.

To be fair, he isn’t alone there.
However, what the super scouts and super coaches amongst us don’t really get is that this is a young lad.
He’s not got the experience of Tavernier, Goldson, or Arfield.
Maybe he doesn’t have the mental toughness or experience to not allow this to bother him.
We, well the moaners, need to remember that Ryan Kent was no Brian Laudrup on his arrival.
We won’t remember that though.

Whilst you could argue that Kent took a short time to get up to speed, he consistently showed glimpses of what he was capable of and consistently gave 100% effort hence why the fans didn’t get on his back

Many posts on here,give you the reason why rangers have always struggled to bring young players through.
Best performance by the team for years,but still some will go out their way to find negatives. If ojos not playing its somebody else. In fact attention is now being turned to aribo..
The support should share the momentum with the team and the players will respond,not having a go as soon as a sloppy pass is made.

Why are you not a fan of any player who is on the park playing ? This is just crazy. We go to support the team not just the odd player

I’m not a fan of the type of player he is and I want more from him. That is all, calm down a bit mate. I’d like him to be performing at a higher level.

Might just be the reaction from the stands for his first couple of pass attempts after coming on. Hes a young lad learning his trade, hes at a club where we demand success, might be too big a burden for him to carry.
When hes on his game like he was against Hibs he is a very good player.
You’re on the wrong board with sensible comments like that mate.

And the lad’s persistence in chasing down a lost cause resulted in a goal today.

People have short memories, there was a period at the start of last season when Kent was the whipping boy.

Dreadful at worst uninterested at best, other players not getting their chance when he’s had more than enough.

I find Ojo frustrating much like I did with Windass. He has more to offer. He has all the attributes but doesn't use them properly. If he was more committed he would instantly receive more support from the crowd. While he is with us I will get behind him but I wouldn't be adverse to us offloading him in January along with a few others to allow us to bring in another wide right player

Is it because people buy season tickets and think they're some kind of shareholder,uhappy if not getting a return in their investment.
Too many fans of clubs think they know better these days. Remember Charlton wanted shot of curbishley at the time even though were finishing in the top 10. That didnt go well as has happened with other teams.

I think the management have to take some of the blame for this situation.

When they see that it takes an experienced international player like Barisic a year to get up to speed and start playing to his potential with us, why do they think it is a good idea to take a young, inexperienced player on loan and ask him to perform to a level that he is clearly not capable of or comfortable doing?

If he starts playing decent he will be lauded by the support,the same as Alfredo does.
Maybe he will,but please tell me what the benefits to the team are of supporters getting on the backs of players during the game. Not saying everyone needs to chant his name,but no need to rip the confidence out of them. Does the player,the team and also the supporters no good at the end of the day.
Some support indeed. We had complaints after a superb draw in holland and now after a 5-0 home win.

He got no protection from the ref, (Don the mhank was doing his job for the team he supports) and coupled with the hard time he's been getting from our support it's no wonder he's been down.
He has skill and pace and talent we need to treat every player differently look at Borna, and Ojo is younger he needs help and boosted up not ridicule, if he hadn't persevered and put in the tackle Stewart wouldn't have got his first goal.

Maybe he will,but please tell me what the benefits to the team are of supporters getting on the backs of players during the game. Not saying everyone needs to chant his name,but no need to rip the confidence out of them. Does the player,the team and also the supporters no good at the end of the day.
Some support indeed. We had complaints after a superb draw in holland and now after a 5-0 home win.

The benefit being that the player realises the expectation required to play for the Rangers,fairly sure though that Stevie is on top of that.

Any moaning that goes on is borne out of frustration, it really is that simple.

We are expected to win EVERY GAME and i expect nothing less,show me a good loser and i will show you a loser.

The benefit being that the player realises the expectation required to play for the Rangers,fairly sure though that Stevie is on top of that.

Any moaning that goes on is borne out of frustration, it really is that simple.

We are expected to win EVERY GAME and i expect nothing less,show me a good loser and i will show you a loser.
Maybe you should be supporting barcelona or something,coming out with that.
No football team has an entitlement to win every game. If that were the case,be as well stopping playing the game.

Maybe you should be supporting barcelona or something,coming out with that.
No football team has an entitlement to win every game. If that were the case,be as well stopping playing the game.

Maybe i should but travelling to Barcelona every week would cost me a small fortune.

I’ve said it before, we have the most loyal fan base going but when you consider how starved we are of success recently the fans should be doing more.

Every kick of the ball should be roared on, if a player makes a mistake we should cheer him on all the more. Aye, it’s frustrating seeing players make mistakes but moaning at them is only going to make them play more poorly.

When a vast majority of the Stadium groans at a player it's for a reason.
It is how that player reacts and how determined he is to show he can beat the critics.
Some can do it, some shrink.
Far too early in the season to judge how Ojo will deal with it, far too early.

I find Ojo frustrating much like I did with Windass. He has more to offer. He has all the attributes but doesn't use them properly. If he was more committed he would instantly receive more support from the crowd. While he is with us I will get behind him but I wouldn't be adverse to us offloading him in January along with a few others to allow us to bring in another wide right player
I said this very thing in the match thread re:Windass. Talent in spades but a lot of the time he seems to think just showing up is enough.

I understand the frustrations but he is still young & he's likely never faced the demands required at Rangers. I know he's from Liverpool but he's not been a regular starter, I suspect, like you say, he thought he's made the big leagues & shit's went to his head a wee bit. If he knuckles down & cuts out the lackadaisical BS then he'll get the support. It's just much more difficult to turn that around once it's started. I've also said elsewhere I'd prefer Stewart to get in before him but if the Gaffer sees fit to start him then I hope he does turn it about.

Back