Ryan christie- it has begun

Mustang mad

On talksport there.
Brazil plays an interview with Rodgers, talking about him maybe going to Arsenal. Bring up brendan, so he brings up the tims and drops in - Oh, ryan christie, goals at the weekend , great wee player keep an eye out for him.

next thing you know he is worth £30 mill to start with!!!.

Sickening how their lackie get away with this crap

On talksport there.
Brazil plays an interview with Rodgers, talking about him maybe going to Arsenal. Bring up brendan, so he brings up the tims and drops in - Oh, ryan christie, goals at the weekend , great wee player keep an eye out for him.

next thing you know he is worth £30 mill to start with!!!.

Sickening how their lackie get away with this crap
I don't think Arsenal will be paying anything like that for any Celtic player in the near future unless the 1 they bought in the summer starts producing.

How many clubs that would even spend 30 million on a player actually use a #10? At the higher level the position is dying out, you can get away with them just fine when you're a dominant team in a league with one or two good team but it was the same when Rogic was playing really well for them a couple of years ago and he's still there now. That's without even going into how he's just simply not worth that

Tierney raised the ceiling for what top SPFL players can fetch down south.

Celtic will now look to improve on his sale price with their other most marketable assets aided by their brown nosers in the media.

The conflict for those lackeys however is that they want this bonanza restricted to the Yahoos only.

So, Christie, McGregor, Forrest, Edouard, etc - £30-40m; Morelos, Kamara, Tav, Kent - £10-15m.

Probably their best, most consistent and dangerous player right now.

He's a good player.

Most people know he's not worth the money they will talk about.

£30m lol for scoring against ross county but Morelos worth £10m scoring 13 goals in Europe so far this season, makes plenty of sense. Hardly an achievement playing for Scotland on the other hand Columbia with there world class players.

Got it in a nutshell. Christie is a far better player than I ever imagined, has become very influential for the scum but to suggest he is worth £30m is just the talk of an drink infused idiot. A few weeks ago the perceived wisdom was that McGregor was their best player and a value of £15m was tagged to him.

We perhaps value Alfie at £25-£30m because we can point to his European exploits this season, exploits which will not have gone unnoticed by big spending English clubs and others beside, desperate for a goalscorer.

Last edited:
Club scouts don't suddenly change their valuation everytime Alan Brazil opens his mouth.

They had this guy as player of the year after two weeks of the season gone. Bonkers. Look he is a decent player and we will need to watch him next week but give me Kent any day of the week.

I was hearing folk calling him poty candidate after about 3 games this season

Christie is a very good player. I’d go as far as saying he’s Celtic’s best player.

I hope the Hamilton players kick fck outta him on Wednesday.
Couldn’t agree more mate. Stop Christie playing on Sunday! He’s a good player makes good runs and plenty pace. First 5 mins someone just put one right on him

No, but it starts people talking about him who previously were not. it goes from there.
Scouts at clubs with budgets to cover £30 million players are not relying on 'people talking' to find players in a league next door who play European football and win trophies at home. Alan Brazil's rambling will have exactly zero effect on anything.

It is a national talkshow. he starts dropping stuff like that though and suddenly some scout may just start digging .
Do you honestly think scouts don't know about Ryan Christie until Brazil starts advertising him on the wireless?

The reality is that we need to improve on how we do the same thing to maximise our revenue generation.

Going against the grain here but if Celtic managed to hoodwink Arsenal into paying £25m for Tierney then they probably will believe they can get £30m for Christie.

Have to say did notice that this morning too , was just bizarre to drop it into the conversation when talking about Rodgers to Arsenal.

It is a national talkshow. he starts dropping stuff like that though and suddenly some scout may just start digging .
I honestly don’t think clubs or scouts are listening to the ramblings of a fat pisshead presenter, although I agree that BBC will do anything to make them look better.

Christie is their best player these days and that shows how far they have fallen.

As an aside to this... it is clear Christie is their best player. No denying it. He is one.

But one positive is we have several good to great players that there is debate over the best.

Morelos is the obvious. But I have heard some say Davis, others say Jack etc...

It's the same with all their players but Alfie is only worth 7 million at a push cos he hasn't done anything.

Have to say did notice that this morning too , was just bizarre to drop it into the conversation when talking about Rodgers to Arsenal.
I have also noticed with Brazil when someone is bigging up a team he doesn't like(ie Rangers, Chelsea etc) he just goes mmmmm mmmm. He can't bring himself to agree with the person.

I'll be honest I worry when he gets chances, a bit like Thumb, he will by and large probably take them, 15 goals this season is not to be sniffed or scorned at.

if that was one of our players we would be saying the same that Brazil is saying.

Diving wee bastard all the same.

Christie is a decent player. Never worth the kind of stupid money being touted on here, but decent.

I think we might stick Kamara on him on Sunday and tell him to just follow him everywhere. Mark him right out the game and sacrifice Kamara’s forward intentions.

...but I've come to the realisation that the media narrative around certain Celtic players does in fact have an effect in the transfer market.

I dont buy it honestly. Before granny hips went to Arsenal, Brazil and Sutton were claiming he was a £50 million plus player.

What’s Brazil going to do when we pump them on Sunday with Kent and Morelos running riot

say their worth 100m

let’s do this mob rangers and shut the whole fucking lot of them up

Christie is a decent player. Never worth the kind of stupid money being touted on here, but decent.

I think we might stick Kamara on him on Sunday and tell him to just follow him everywhere. Mark him right out the game and sacrifice Kamara’s forward intentions.

mate sod that

let’s go out and prove we’re the better team

run the midfield let Kent and Alfie run riot

really looking forward to Borna and Kent down the left they will have no answer

What kind of scouting operation has a top club if they only realise after listening to Brazil that christie might be worth a look? Every club knows how good the 13 year olds are at every other club. He's an international playing well, he'll get attention. I'd rather they sold their good players, gives the manager a chance to replace him with shecht.

He's having a very good season and is one of their key players at the moment. We'll need to be wary of him on Sunday.

Latest posts

Back