Bear in Mind Repost - Can you name the 3 Bears from snippets from their Wikipedia? (Dundee away)

MrBearightside

Repost

1) "Spurs sold him to Middlesbrough for £30,000 in 1972. He made his first appearance for Middlesbrough on 6 January 1973 in a 2–1 league defeat to Fulham at Craven Cottage. His first goal came on 11 December 1973 in a 3–0 league victory over Preston North End at Ayresome Park."

Answer -

2) "He was fined £1500 by Rangers in 1987 after his involvement in an incident in a kebab shop after Rangers had won the league championship."

Answer -

3) "His loan deal was signed until the end of the 2010–11 season and he was issued with the number 22 jersey. The same day he made his loan move to Forest, he debuted from the bench in a 2–1 defeat to Sheffield United. He scored six goals in ten league appearances for Forest, taking his total in the Football League Championship to twelve."

Answer -

Last edited:
I went for Alfie Conn in #1 which was daft, given the dates
Second was deciding which of the players who were involved to pick, got the correct man.
Third was a no go.

Got the first 2,I rember Souness thinking he should have been in the Spurs first team as a teenager and agitated for a move,the rest is history as they say.

Got the first one, vaguely remember the kebab shop incident but couldn't put a name to it. Hadn't a scooby on the last one. Keep them coming OP, good threads. Cheers.

1) "Spurs sold him to Middlesbrough for £30,000 in 1972. He made his first appearance for Middlesbrough on 6 January 1973 in a 2–1 league defeat to Fulham at Craven Cottage. His first goal came on 11 December 1973 in a 3–0 league victory over Preston North End at Ayresome Park."

Answer -

2) "He was fined £1500 by Rangers in 1987 after his involvement in an incident in a kebab shop after Rangers had won the league championship."

Answer -

3) "His loan deal was signed until the end of the 2010–11 season and he was issued with the number 22 jersey. The same day he made his loan move to Forest, he debuted from the bench in a 2–1 defeat to Sheffield United. He scored six goals in ten league appearances for Forest, taking his total in the Football League Championship to twelve."

Answer -

Meatloaf for Me.

2/3 ain't bad.

Any know of Souness was good as a teenager? Good enough to be a Spurs starter?

Spurs had Ralph Coates, Alan Mullery, Steve Perryman and Martin Peters in midfield,
and had John Pratt, Jimmy Neighbour and Jimmy Pearce as back up.
A teenage Souness was not even close to displacing them, hence the reason he made only 1 sub appearance whilst at Spurs, and was sold to Second Division Middlesboro.

Got the 3, although it was a toss up for number 2 as I remember 2 players getting in kebab shop trouble.

Just seen today’s post half an hour ago and got first two easily and got third after a bit of serious thinking keep up good work

Where can i read more about this?
I think I read that in Souness' autobiography probably in the 80s. He was quite candid about the fact that he saw himself as a first team player at Spurs despite the thoughts of the management. He demanded a move for 1st team football and ended up at Ayresome Park. Think the book was called 'No half measures'.

Got numero Uno straight away.
Same with number 2.
As usual crash and burn on the last one scuppering a Full House.
AGAIN!!
Cheers Mr B.
C'MON THE RANGERS!!!!!!!!

Back