Ojo today

No wonder we don't bring youth players through. Some amongst our support would break them before the hammers throwers on the pitch had a chance to.

As a support, we have moved beyond the demanding level to something far more toxic.

No wonder we don't bring youth players through. Some amongst our support would break them before the hammers throwers on the pitch had a chance to.

As a support, we have moved beyond the demanding level to something far more toxic.

It's a massive massive stage J and it's something that the youngsters have to adjust to,if they can they will be rewarded favourably.

It then works out well for both parties.

It's a massive massive stage J and it's something that the youngsters have to adjust to,if they can they will be rewarded favourably.

It then works out well for both parties.

Yeah agreed. We have always been demanding and that separates the men from the boys so to speak. However, as the years have gone by in recent times, the pressure cranks up and some in the support go over the top.

It feels at times that elements of the support are just as hostile to our players as they are to the opposition.

Ojo is not at the required level yet but we all need to get behind all our players and roar them on rather than force them out.

Listen let's be honest here.

Lots of posters here saying give the boy time etc.

The same posters will be wanting him sent back to liverpool when he doesnt perform in a game of significance.

The fact is we as a club are moving forward and hes going to get left behind.

We dont have time for a loanee to take a season to get up to speed. It defeats the purpose.

Unfortunately for him hes miles behind the required standard.

Yes, fkin shitty attitude, couldn't crack a smile and pushed Stewart's arm off his shoulder after the goal. Was going to start a thread myself but knew the Ubers would be out in force for "having a pop" at a player but as far as I'm concerned if that's his attitude he can take it...

Is it just me or was Ojo's reaction after the last 2 goals (particularly the 4th) one of a man who is unhappy?

He did really well to win the ball back, arguable should have squared it the first place but had a wee pop at goal which we can't complain at I guess, but he was practically pushing Stewart off him when he went to thank/celebrate with him.

Personally not a fan of that reaction and i'd prefer to see any of Stewart, Arfield or Aribo on that right hand side slot if that's his attitude given that he isn't setting the heather alight.
I think he was upset with himself that he did not score?

A collective groan from the stadium is natural reaction simple ball misplaced or a chance fluffed. Happens to every player at some point, that said anything above the natural moans and groans should be tempered against team or player as much as possible!

If he has been as poor and uninterested as some on here are commenting on then why does our manager keep playing him as much? Do people not realise that players are being assessed every day by the management team and if they are not “on it” they won’t be anywhere near the Squad never mind the First Team. The boy is doing just fine but if we want him to get better let’s get behind him.

Might just be the reaction from the stands for his first couple of pass attempts after coming on. Hes a young lad learning his trade, hes at a club where we demand success, might be too big a burden for him to carry.
When hes on his game like he was against Hibs he is a very good player.

He's 22.

I'm just glad he contributed yesterday. It's been a long wait.

A lot of the time he looks very uninterested - and this is before the recent stick towards him in the stands.

The frustrating thing is you look at the goal scored against Feyenoord at Ibrox. We can see the quality he’s got but he doesn’t apply enough or look intested at times.

On Thursday night he was woeful and recently he’s just not shown anything . Regardless if he’s wanting to stay at Liverpool it get himself a move you would think he would be busting a gut to show the type of player he is and what he can do to achieve that. But he’s not doing it for me. I wouldn’t be unhappy if we cut his loan short on January and went for someone else in that position
I think people just make up their minds about players and then only see what they want to see.

The last few times he's come on he's ran about like a maniac chasing down ball after ball. Just look at our fourth goal yesterday for an example.

Folk have made up their mind about Ojo and no matter how hard he tries now he won't be able to change their mind.

I don’t rate the lad but the howls after he gave a ball away was shocking, we were 3-0 ahead and having wave after wave of attack. He then put a decent sideways pass to Arfield ((i think) I gave the lad a clap and a well done but I was in the minority in my section and certainly n the stadium.

We need to back player regardless of our personal feelings towards them.

Ojo did ok when he came on,he is so frustrating because he has all the tools to be a success with his pace,power etc but severely lacks belief/confidence in his own ability.
He had a 1 v 1 versus Berra yesterday and never took him on?

Speaking of lack of confidence in you’re own ability.............IF only Candieas had a bit more faith in his own ability he would have found himself again the number one guy for that position.

With all due respect there is moans and groans at every club when a player losses possession or misplaces a pass we are no different

He may be in the huff however if we are being honest here, he's been hugely indifferent in games and produces very little in the bigger games. If he wants adulation and applause then be consistent and the fans will get off his back. I thought he played ok yesterday to be fair.

Yea i noticed it aswell and feel for him, he gave the ball away a couple of times and the crowd went nuts at him

He's 22.

I'm just glad he contributed yesterday. It's been a long wait.

Hes 22 (still young) with very little first team experience before coming here. He certainly has talent, we just need to see if he can show it on a regular basis, I hope he can cos he looks excellent in full flow and he can finish too.

Said it across multiple threads over the weeks he hasn't got it and is turning into another Ejaria. Ojo has given us nothing since the goal v Feyenoord at Ibrox and that's not good enough.

Think it's clearly evident we need to bring in a quality replacement in January with a few going out the door to balance the books and trim the squad.

I didn't notice the thing with Stewart, but I have to say Ojo has been hugely frustrating for a good while now.
The biggest problem for me is that he refuses to run hard when he has the opportunity.

I think he was inconsistent when he was first in the team. Then I think he wss dropped and came back in for the Livi cup game. He made a lot of bursts in that game and I thought he was finally getting it and was going to put the effort in.
But since then, he has again been "lazy" or taking the easy option far too often.
He needs to do what Kent does and get turned and start attacking opponents. He has the touch, the skill and the pace to be destroying teams, but just doesn't seem to show the desire to do it.
There have been two glaring instances in the last 2 games where he's made poor choices.
On Thursday night, maybe midway through the first half, he was on the run and bursting towards the ball on our right at the halfway line. He had the opportunity to absolutely rip the boy he was running against and get right down the line and create a chance, but he chose to get there and then turn inside and start fannying around and running across the halfway line before either giving it away or being dispossessed.
And then yesterday he was given the ball wide open on the left and again rather than bursting forward and creating a chance, he tried a ridiculous pass inside and backwards which was cut out.
Both of these have been terribly poor passages of play from him, and whilst I would never criticise a player vocally at a game, you can't help but draw in a FFS!
He needs to start doing the right things on a more consistent basis. He has the ability, and even just to offer something as simple as a good bit of hard running will get the fans off his back.

He may not be the player we thought he was at the start of the season but it is embarassing the abuse he got when he misplaced a pass yesterday. The guys confidence will be rock bottom.

He’s a young lad with a lot of talent who probably doesn’t like being away from home playing in a league full of hammer throwers.

He may not be the player we thought he was at the start of the season but it is embarassing the abuse he got when he misplaced a pass yesterday. The guys confidence will be rock bottom.
That was an absolute joke.
You just know those dishing out the abuse were waiting for the chance, it's sad how noticeable it was.

If you weren't looking at the game, you would have known from the reaction that it was Ojo.

He’s a young lad with a lot of talent who probably doesn’t like being away from home playing in a league full of hammer throwers.
Trouble is, he is away from home playing in a league full of hammer throwers, so if he can't man up and put a shift in then he can get back down the road to the fluffy comfort blanket of Liverpool reserves.

Some of these fucking primadona fairies need to pull their socks up and get on with it - came in with big talk about his talent and how he would be able to express himself freely, so far we have seen lazy insipid performances and a huffy response to criticism.

put yourself on the pedestal as a professional footballer earning tens of thousands a week and you can rightly expect criticism. he has been fucking shite.

Just a thought, we are in the League Cup Final, joint top of the league in December, just earned a great point away in Holland and top a group in the Europa full of teams that normally play Champions League. I thinks it's 17 games and 3 months since we have lost a game.

As usual many of the FF Loyal and much of our home support still find time to slag Helander, Goldson, Arfield, Aribo, Ojo, and to a lesser extent Kamara, its calmed down a little on the bitching about Tav.
6-8 weeks ago many would have sold "waste of a jersey" Borna for £1.

Just think if we actually got behind the players unconditionally (trust in SG) for 6 months this could be a special year.

I think the lad's confidence has gone unsurprisingly. My main concern with him is his habit of over hitting a ball when he's running at someone and giving it away, seems to happen more often than it should. One thing I will say though is that you can see he's still trying to put in a shift, he's thrown himself into a few slide tackles and yesterday he done really well winning back the ball for the goal in a sport where most players would've probably assumed the ball was already lost.

Last edited:
Ojo may or may not go on to be a player for us,but as long as he pulls on that Blue jersey he will have my support.
The only time I would have a go at any of our players would be for lack of effort,which can not be levelled at any of our current squad.
For those on here who are part of the "I'll say what I want" brigade,how would you react if you were at your work and somebody was standing at your shoulder howling at any small mistake you made,you would probably be the first to run off crying to The union or HR department.

Honestly I do feel a bit sorry for him. You can see he has no confidence whatsoever.

In saying that, we can't afford passengers. I'd probably send him back in January and try and strengthen that area.

i had a discussion at the a game recently with someone stating "he has contributed nothing at all"
pointing out the 3pts and ££££ for the Feyenoord game wasn't enough apparently

has he been excellent - clearly not
is he doing enough - for the most part, no
has he contributed - yes
have other players also brought less than their A game to the table - undoubtably

i have no bugbear with groans and moans (his first misplaced pass for example)
but there seems to be some people revelling in him making mistakes

same people were apparently enjoying his first two contributions being terrible and then were completely silent on him making the 4th goal from absolutely nothing but hard work and endeavour

Some of our fans towards him when he comes on are fucking scandalous. Cant blame the lad at times for looking a bit down.

I don’t get why folk can’t just comment on the player in question instead of deflecting with referencing other players.
Probably because they want to remind people of how wrong they may have been in the past. Quite simply getting on someone’s back at 3 up is embarrassing. Maybe try and get behind him to lift him up. It’s really not that hard is it. He was not given a new contract at Liverpool because he’s shite.

Back