LiviLoyal

What say FF after today then?

For me, I think I’d go as follows;

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Barisic
Jack Davis Kamara
Stewart Kent
Morelos

Toyed with the idea of leaving Arfield in there but I think he was better today dropped into the CM position and I’d go with those 3 for Wednesday. There’s every chance I’d have Arfield back in there for next Sunday.

McGregor
Jack Davis Kamara
Stewart Kent
Morelos

Toyed with the idea of leaving Arfield in there but I think he was better today dropped into the CM position and I’d go with those 3 for Wednesday. There’s every chance I’d have Arfield back in there for next Sunday.
Looks about right to me.

McGregor
Jack Davis Kamara
Stewart Kent
Morelos

There's only one position up for grabs, as things stand, and it's the narrow right position behind Morelos.

It's a toss up between Stewart and Arfield for it and Stewart may well get the nod for Wednesday and it'll probably depend on his performance whether or not he keeps his place for the final, or Arfield comes back in.

Jack, Davis and Kamara is the best midfield 3 in the league and will give us control of the game, both on Wednesday night and Sunday.

Your team looks good to me.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Jack
Davis
Arfield

Stewart
Morelos
Kent

Kamara looked to be limping a bit before he came off on Sunday so wouldn’t be surprised to see him rested for this one. Thought Arfield was really good yesterday in the midfield 3 aswell so think this may be the team.

Probably won’t be a popular view but I’d rest Morelos and wrap him in cotton wool ahead of Sunday. Possibly starting with Stewart and Defoe up top.

The old adage is one game at a time but if Alfie picks up a knock up there and is sidelined for Sunday it would be a hammer blow. We’ve the team and squad to beat them without him in my view.

Sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone know if Rangers will just be heading up on the Wednesday rather than staying the night before? Assuming they won’t be staying as it’s an evening game? Cheers!

A win here. Any win will do me.

Oh, and escaping from their shite stadium and shite pitch and shite dirty bastards team with no injuries for the Cup Final.

We are playing the officially dirtiest team in the league, after all.

McGregor
Jack Davis Kamara
Stewart Kent
Morelos

That's exactly the starting lineup I'd go for.

Probably won’t be a popular view but I’d rest Morelos and wrap him in cotton wool ahead of Sunday. Possibly starting with Stewart and Defoe up top.

The old adage is one game at a time but if Alfie picks up a knock up there and is sidelined for Sunday it would be a hammer blow. We’ve the team and squad to beat them without him in my view.
My concern is that they get him sent off on Weds night. A straight red and he's out of the final....

Would Defoe and Stewart be enough? I dunno, but if Alfie starts we need the game buried and him off the pitch as early as possible.

McGregor
Arfield Jack Kamara
Ojo Kent
Morelos

Manage Davis for Sunday. Take off Kent and Alfie again if we can.

Most important though, is just get the 3 points.

Arfield was much better yesterday than he has been I think we should go with the same starting 11 as Sunday with Aribo dropping out for Jack.

We are going to have to be aware of red cards for violent conduct.

McGregor
Arfield Jack Kamara
Ojo Kent
Morelos

Manage Davis for Sunday. Take off Kent and Alfie again if we can.

Most important though, is just get the 3 points.

Wednesday is not a game for Ojo - we need to win the inevitable battle first and then allow our superior quality to shine through.

Davis back in and Arfield one forward. Possibly Stewart for Arfield.

McGregor
Jack Davis Kamara
Stewart Kent
Morelos

That's the perfect lineup for me. Stewart was excellent against them at Ibrox and he deserves a start after his cameo yestedray.

A pitch which he has good experience of.

Not playing well on it though. I like Stewart and he's certainly proving his worth as a squad player but I'd still be inclined to start Arfield given the significance of the match and have the option to bring Stewart on.

I think waiting for being home to the likes of Killie or Hibs would be a better option, later in the month, if we're going to give him a real shot at a starting berth

McGregor
Jack Davis Kamara
Stewart Kent
Morelos

Exactly my thinking also. I'm convinced Stewart has a part to play this season

Scoring two goals then getting dropped would be brutally harsh.

I think Stewart will start as Gerrard will have SA in mind to start against the cover uppers at the weekend.

McGregor
Jack Davis Kamara
Stewart Morelos Kent

need to break down their defence as it’ll be packed. Morelos might drop away from the box a little like he did when we destroyed them at Ibrox

What is an absolute stick on is Aberdeen will come out like it’s a cup final and try harder than they have all season, fans right up for it too

Weirdos

They'll play there usual against us like they've got nothing to lose. I honestly hope we go up there and smash them inside 45 minutes then get our top players off and rested and get the game finished with no injuries.

Only question mark is again who starts wide right, the rest of team picks itself.
Stewart must have played himself in by now surely?
When is Jones going to be ready?

McGregor
Jack Kamara
Arfield
Stewart Morelos Kent

Could see Davis being rested for this one ahead of Sunday.

Aribo had his chance yesterday and didn't take it. I'd give Stewart a go on the right side of a front three with the option of him rotating with arfield (starting in the no. 10)

I'd go even further than this and say we rest Morelos AND Kent. I simply don't think we have a chance on Sunday if either (or both) of them are not fit and firing.

I appreciate it's a huge 3 points, however, there are still 69 points to play for this season after Aberdeen, including 9 points against them. We can still claw back a 2 or 3 point deficit even if we don't pick up maximum points on Wednesday night through leaving out our two most potent attacking options.

Sunday is more than a cup final - it's an opportunity to stop them winning their 10th consecutive trophy. Doing so would inflict a huge psychological blow, the effects of which we'd benefit from beyond Sunday. Obviously, it's also our chance to secure our first trophy under Gerrard. In my opinion, all these factors are more important than 3 points against the sheep.

We're always hearing about our squad size and strength in depth... It's time to use some of that depth to make sure we lift the cup on Sunday!!! :D My team for Wednesday would therefore be:

McGregor
Flanagan
Katic
Goldson
Tav
Aribo
Kamara
Jack
Stewart
Defoe
Barker/Ojo

If that 11 can't get a win against Aberdeen, then I don't know why we have these guys in the squad.

MON THE GERS!!!!!

This fixture has, boot the f"*k out of our players all over it before there Cup final. I'd get a 2 goal lead and start getting the subs on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back