What is Craig Houston’s role at the club these days?

GEODGC

Official Ticketer
I happened to notice Craig sat at the front of one of the official Rangers buses on the way out of the stadium at Feyenoord last week. He wasn’t driving the bus btw, before any smart arse says that :D
It good to see he is involved in an official capacity at the club, I will always be grateful for the way he went after the spivs, his sacrifices and determination should never be forgotten. He was treated appallingly by those at the club, that arsehole PR guy and by some of our supporters. Whatever he’s doing, I hope he’s happy and enjoying it.

Will be completely honest and I know ill prob get tore to shreds but I was one of the people to ignore Craig and not care what he had to say. I was fed up with everything and just wanted to watch my team. I didn't boycott and renewed my season ticket as well as I thought that if I didn't then we could potentially lose our club forever, I thought with no money coming in the chancers in charge would sell and mortgage everything they possibly could for the funds to keep us going.

Looking back on it now I have nothing but gratitude for Craig and the rest of the guys who broke ranks and took part in the boycott and got actively involved.

I happened to notice Craig sat at the front of one of the official Rangers buses on the way out of the stadium at Feyenoord last week. He wasn’t driving the bus btw, before any smart arse says that :D
It good to see he is involved in an official capacity at the club, I will always be grateful for the way he went after the spivs, his sacrifices and determination should never be forgotten. He was treated appallingly by those at the club, that arsehole PR guy and by some of our supporters. Whatever he’s doing, I hope he’s happy and enjoying it.
I’d get him on the Board

Craig is a good lad and has the club at heart. He works in a community liasion role and assists the club on match days both home and away. Craig would tell you himself about the trials and tribulations of his efforts to rid us of those parasites and was often isolated. He deserves all the gratitude and plaudits for his more than sterling efforts.

He made a very emotional post on Facebook SOS page last week when Dave King announced he was stepping down.
I don’t think the ordinary fan realises just what this guy went through and what he did trying to save our club.
I class him as a Ranger. One of our finest.

Craig is involved in fan security is my understanding. Proactive role in helping fans at away games and self policing too. I think!

He made a very emotional post on Facebook SOS page last week when Dave King announced he was stepping down.
I don’t think the ordinary fan realises just what this guy went through and what he did trying to save our club.
I class him as a Ranger. One of our finest.

Also remember Craig making an emotional speech in the Loudon the night before an organised protest during one of the home games.

Will forever be grateful to him for the stand and leadership he showed

Craig deserves the gratitude of every Rangers supporter and everybody that was involved in the Sons of Struth I’ve met him on a few occasions in the district and at my own Rangers club here in Northern Ireland top bloke who sacrificed a lot for our great Club good to hear he’s involved in some way at the club

I’d get him on the Board
We can't have people on the board for sentimental reasons. I don't know him so I can't judge him but he would need to have something to take us forward and not what he has done in the past. That is not a snipe at him but just in general for anyone.

My son and myself supported him on the marches, some of the demos and we also joined the boycott which, even though not fully supported by some for various reasons, some of them I could understand some not so much,I truly believe that we succeeded in the battle with the chancers and crooks who were raping our club. It was very hard to give up our season tickets but we knew that it had to be done. Craig stood up to serious threats and intimidation from the gangsters to carry the fight to them. He has denied it but he was very courageous in challenging them. He, along with some others, deserves all our thanks and gratitude in helping Rangers to survive that awful time. Sometimes leaders simply emerge in times of need and thank God for that.

W.A.T.P.

Don’t know Craig Houston but from what I read it always seemed that he was prepared to make sacrifices in his personal life through his concern for Rangers at what was a terrible time for our club.

I only met Craig once, and he posted some flyers on scribd asking for as many supporters to print off as many as possible, (spivs out and the long firm). We handed them out before kick off, folks didnt have a clue as to what he was trying to do for the club. He played a very significant part in raising awareness of the danger we were in, at a time when many thought he was just scare mongering. He stuck his neck out.

Dark days that im glad to see the back of.

Craig is the guy at the forefront of the SOS Football Academy mate.
Remember it was suggested Sons of Struth be renamed Weans of Wilton when someone traced Craig’s family tree and found he was directly descended to William Wilton through his mother. Craig had no inkling until it was pointed out to him, so no doubt Rangers were in his blood.
Great to see him around the Club and always good for a chat about the SOS Academy.

If Dave King and the 3 Bears were the brains and the money behind our liberation, make no mistake, Craig Houston was a major battlefield general and responsible for the biggest pair of boots (and balls) on the ground.

The guy did so at much personal sacrifice and in very hostile and intimidatory environments, dealing against the rats.

Any Rangers supporters who have not read ‘Sons of Struth Demand the Truth’ should do so. It’s a great read.

If I am ever fortunate to meet Craig Houston, I hope
To shake his hand, thank him and buy him a drink.

If Dave King and the 3 Bears were the brains and the money behind our liberation, make no mistake, Craig Houston was a major battlefield general and responsible for the biggest pair of boots (and balls) on the ground.

The guy did so at much personal sacrifice and in very hostile and intimidatory environments, dealing against the rats.

Any Rangers supporters who have not read ‘Sons of Struth Demand the Truth’ should do so. It’s a great read.

If I am ever fortunate to meet Craig Houston, I hope
To shake his hand, thank him and buy him a drink.

You might just see Craig with a high viz vest mate, just look out for him.

whats your issue? Sandy was part of the sos just as Craig was so why shouldnt he be applauded for what they done. Cant just pick and chose because of one persons life away from Ibrox.

Sandy has spent the majority of his life using our Club’s name to organise fights with moronic like minded arseholes throughout Europe and any link to him tarnishes Rangers name.

Will be completely honest and I know ill prob get tore to shreds but I was one of the people to ignore Craig and not care what he had to say. I was fed up with everything and just wanted to watch my team. I didn't boycott and renewed my season ticket as well as I thought that if I didn't then we could potentially lose our club forever, I thought with no money coming in the chancers in charge would sell and mortgage everything they possibly could for the funds to keep us going.

Looking back on it now I have nothing but gratitude for Craig and the rest of the guys who broke ranks and took part in the boycott and got actively involved.

It was a hard time.

I was one of them outside with him but, to be honest, I never had any I’ll feeling towards bears who adopted your approach.

I knew that we were ALL doing what our conscience told us to save our magnificent club ?

Craig sat very close to us for years in the Main Stand & is a really good guy who genuinely had the club at heart. And still does !

Back